8th Vaping-Related Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott58

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
NorthWest Indiana
News here in Boston is starting to mention in the headlines that these illnesses are from vaping a THC type of oil. Finally.

To late. the general population have heard the words vape and death in the same sentence enough to have already gotten the job done.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Good luck suing the CDC. That's one of the many problems with a bloated government. Suing the CDC would be like suing the Congress.

Probably not, but just the act of filing such a suit would make news and call attention to the truth in a real way. That is the real goal anyway.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Probably not, but just the act of filing such a suit would make news and call attention to the truth in a real way. That is the real goal anyway.
Suing a government agency is very hard but it has been done. Suing a media outlet is a different thing though. Not necessarily easier. The issue is “actionable slander”. Mere slander isn’t enough. It’s got to be actionable.

The people who are really going to have usable suits are the people who die from smoking because they were scared away from e-cigarettes. That’s wrongful death.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Suing a government agency is very hard but it has been done. Suing a media outlet is a different thing though. Not necessarily easier. The issue is “actionable slander”. Mere slander isn’t enough. It’s got to be actionable.

The people who are really going to have usable suits are the people who die from smoking because they were scared away from e-cigarettes. That’s wrongful death.

Again, it's not about winning. It's about getting a suit filed and then made public. The goal being to really call attention to the fact these entities are LYING about the cause of these illnesses. Even if the case is thrown out a few days later, the publicity would have already been created.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
News here in Boston is starting to mention in the headlines that these illnesses are from vaping a THC type of oil. Finally.

The truth does seem to be getting out somewhat.

On the other hand, they will use the vaping disease story as long as they can, and then pivot back to the link between teen vaping and flavors. The lie will lose steam over time but by then it will have done it's job. The truth coming out won't undo the damage.

The link between teen vaping and flavors is just as bogus but harder to disprove.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hope you got your polio vaccine @ScottP .

Seriously, I know of FEW agencies I trust LESS than the CDC, and spreads more disinformation without ANY attack than like, when I really sat down a look at their "fact" sheets.

It's NO FREAKING wonder the US is SO GOSHDARNED UNHEALTHY.

More than 50% were flat out wrong and about 80% rather misleading. I really had steam coming out of my ears by the end of it.

PLUS WHO FREAKING ERADICATES POLIO and then says, "Oooh, we have destroyed a horrible illness, it was HARD but we did it. So, I'mma gonna keep some live virus around just because.... In case we need to study it..... In case.... You know, it's just neat to have it. I mean we killed it, we should get to keep just a little bit, trust us we will be SO careful nothing BAD will happen, um, here read this FACT sheet on how polio has been ERADICATED around the world......

Oh... except for the CDC but don't mind us we are super fantastic. Trust us."

I trust an agency like that far, far less than a rabid packrat. And a rabid packrat is not a fun thing to have around. It wants all your Jolly Ranchers, it will do WHATEVER it takes to obtain them, and for the brief period before you are like... wait. I KNOW I don't eat THIS MANY Jolly ranchers and you investigate the situation for a while and you realize the rabid packrat has been INVADING your house, building jolly ranchered odored nests in your insulation, and to add insult to injury has been chewing on your water pipes.

And for a brief moment you think, "OH MY GOD THE PACKRAT AND I WERE SHARING."

And then you feel sick. But not as sick as you feel as when you think about the CDD.

I've gone off Jolly ranchers by the way.

Anna

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Vaping going on 8 yrs. I can run on my thread mill for 30min stright..Mind you Im a little over weight becauas I love sweets and midnight snacking. I couldn't run a block and go up a flight of steps when i was smoking...
Any lung related problems now are going to be blamed on vaping. They're just jumping on the anti-vaping bandwagon...[emoji34]

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
These horrific deaths are going to continue until the CDC / FDA make it CLEAR what is being used.

This was not nicotine e-cigarette usage:

“This is an unfortunate case of a young man with no prior lung illness who started vaping because of chronic pain issues,” Dr. Michael Plisco, Mercy Hospital St. Louis critical care pulmonologist and medical director of Mercy’s extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) program said in a media release.

Aside from the damage the misinformation does for our nicotine vaping to not smoke...these people are going to remain in danger.

How horrible it is that these types of users are not being warned !!

Don't vape oils !!

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
To be fair, they did out and out warn against THC vaping and street-purchased ones in particular. But they can't guarantee that's the only thing happening. Like it "might" be a compound-problem. (per them).

But yeah, so much hype. It's like we're (us population) all part of some big psy-ops campaign.

But look at the OTHER countries leveraging this "crisis". And it's hurting BT big time, surprisingly. India and now China. Both huge potential markets for BT, and they're getting shut out of them. If I read all that correctly.

That's huge.

IDK if it just blows the BT takeover theory out of the water OR it's a major backfire/miscalculation. But that's a lot of people...about 37% of the global population right there (2.7 billion people). Of course, maybe they'll open it up to the (theoretically) safe closed carts in the future. But I doubt it. They're doing this to STOP a takeover if my guess is right.

Vaping Banned in India, China Begins Then Stops Juul Sales | RT

Reactions: Opinionated

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    To be fair, they did out and out warn against THC vaping and street-purchased ones in particular. But they can't guarantee that's the only thing happening. Like it "might" be a compound-problem. (per them).
    That's not what many media outlets are reporting.
    Some of the latest reports I've seen are no longer mentioning THC vaping at all.
    If this were an Ebola or Swine flu outbreak CDC would be sure accurate reporting was being released quickly.

Last edited:
    • Agree
    Reactions: Opinionated
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread