Clear something up for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I've just been to a local vape shop poking around. The clerk told me something that I don't believe is true.

Is vaping a 3mg juice at 50 watts the same nic intake as 6mg at 25 watts?

The Math sounds reasonable, but I don't think it actually works that way, right?
The answer to your question is ABSOLUTELY NOT! One has nothing to do with the other. The guy at the vape shop is an idiot.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I've just been to a local vape shop poking around. The clerk told me something that I don't believe is true.

Is vaping a 3mg juice at 50 watts the same nic intake as 6mg at 25 watts?

The Math sounds reasonable, but I don't think it actually works that way, right?
It kinda sorta is, if you end up using twice as much 3 mg juice as 6 mg juice.

And vape shops make most of their money selling juice. ;)

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Well the vape clerk has a degree of knowledge and that always spells trouble. If he had said vaping 50ml of 3mg is the same as vaping 25ml of 6mg he'd have been right.
Wattage is irrelevant and can't be used to determine nicotine intake. The only factors which do are the strength of the liquid and the volume vaped.
3 out of 10 for effort.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Let's see. Is it on the same coil?

If not, then you have differences related to the mass and surface area of the coil that could make it very different, so no.

If it is the same coil, a coil that fires nicely at 50 w may barely fire at all at 25 w, while one that's great at 25 w may burn the juice or the wicking may fail to keep up at 50 w. So again we have a no.

Just no. Your instincts were sound.

Oktayne the Red

Oct 4, 2019
Yeah, I thought it was pretty funny. It really wasn't a question, I just thought you folks would get a decent chuckle out of it.
I won't be returning there, they had nothing I can't find anywhere else and didn't really like the place anyway. I know it's not much of a glamour job, but you'd think they'd at least hire ppl who know what they are talking about.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Your experience and summary of this vape shop describes exactly one of the reasons I haven't set foot in a vape shop in years...
    • limited stock,
    • shopping mall prices (with no support to back it up) and
    • clueless employees
    In fact, the last time I was in a vape shop was because I got wind they were going out of business. So I strolled in there and made them an offer for a bunch of hardware for almost nothing. Well worth the trip.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Falconeer

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Yeah, I thought it was pretty funny. It really wasn't a question, I just thought you folks would get a decent chuckle out of it.
    I won't be returning there, they had nothing I can't find anywhere else and didn't really like the place anyway. I know it's not much of a glamour job, but you'd think they'd at least hire ppl who know what they are talking about.
    Your experience was bad and it's actually sad. It's hard to stay in business without customers.
    The vape shop I use to go to quite a bit because the owner was a very knowledgeable vaper and had great employees was sold. I would go there sometimes and just hang out for a couple hours at a time. The new owner is an idiot. His new employees are even worse than the new owner. I haven't been back and the people I know that use to go there haven't been back either. I don't see that shop lasting very long.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2013
    Well at least the clerk could do some basic arithmetic.

It's a start. Of a sort.
    Anna

That's what i was going to say, or words to that effect.

If it was just a generic maths problem it would make perfect sense. This kind of thinking is how i suspect government employees operate too. Makes sense on paper but would never ever work in a real world scenario. Like adding letters / words together to make a sentence is also mathematics.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    9MWEuC0.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread