Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    ...if you do nothing.

Federal Flavor Ban & vape Taxation
    Goes Up for Vote This
    Thursday 2/27/2020 in the House.
    HR 2339

Go here to notify your Congress people and the President (easy peasy)...
    Vaping Prohibition & Taxation is On the Table in Congress

From CASAA...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    "This [Federal Flavor Ban] legislation is being supported by an army of Bloomberg-funded anti-harm reduction groups to the tune of $160,000,000.

At the same time, it is likely that a tax bill, HR 4742, which is attempting to enact tax parity between vapor products and combustible cigarettes, will also be taken up by the full House."
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    Text - H.R.4742 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to impose a tax on nicotine used in vaping, etc.
    ‘‘“(h) Nicotine.—On taxable nicotine, manufactured in or imported into the United States, there shall be imposed a tax equal to the dollar amount specified in section 5701(b)(1) (or, if greater, $50.33) per 1,810 milligrams of nicotine (and a proportionate tax at the like rate on any fractional part thereof).”

You wanna pay $2,780.00 extra (plus any state taxes)
    for 1 liter of 100mg/ml nic base?

You wanna be forced to vape "tobacco" flavors only?

By all means, do nothing.

151110124954-cigarettes-super-tease.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Reactions: stols001

BigPappa

Ultra Member
    Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    Use your old CA address or maybe that of a relative in CA?
    I could be wrong, but considering the fact that he is from Oklahoma City, I am pretty certain he was being a 12-year old ...... and trying to make a point about immigration.... on a vaping forum... smh

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Considering the fact that he is from Oklahoma City, I am pretty certain he was being a 12-year old ...... and trying to make a point about immigration.... on a vaping forum... smh

I answered it anyway, because that's what I'd truthfully do if I were actually in that situation :sneaky::D.

Reactions: stols001

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I'm super low budget and starting to panic... that's it, all other purchases on hold... I'm getting some more nic!

Right after you do that, contact your congressmen ;)
    Vaping Prohibition is On the Table in Congress!
    If you haven't already.

I don't want to turn this into a stocking up thread, however, iirc you are unemployed right now?

If so Heartlandvapes.com has 1 liters of 100ml nic (house brand) for $44.99. if you can swing it, buy 4 and the price is $42.99/liter. Then use coupon code vapemag for another 5% off. That comes to $40.84/liter, free shipping on order over $50. That coupon is only good once per account so use it wisely.

Not as good a deal as when they have the $10 off per liter sales, but they just had one so not sure when the next one would be. Maybe St. Patty's Day, but no guarantees.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    But don't do anything foolish.

Quitting is an option for everyone as much as many of us seem to think it's an impossibility. It's not. Also, reducing your nic or even trying to vape 0mg is also and option that many have achieved. LOTS of smokers are addicted to the habit of smoking/vaping, not so much the nic. If this turns out to be you, you can vape 0 nic and use nicotine lozenges and gum to get the little nic you do need.

Last edited:

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Thanks but I wasn't kidding when I said "super low budget"... just ordered what I can for now (150ml plus the 150ml I already have) I also have a bunch of pre-made juices so I will be set for quite awhile. Thanks for caring. I'll do my part and follow through on the link.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I don't think they mind keeping the aides busy like, in between "having congress" with them, so just send it. You will still get a lovely response via email which states thank you for your concern I am looking into this thoroughly vapers have rights and I smoke cigars. Will be sure to be thinking of your letter as I vote for the ban/tax hike, whatever.

It probably ENCOURAGES them though,. Like, "W0ooh another vaper who is gonna pay the tax." I'm sure they keep count.

I kinda want to send a letter that says "DO what you want I am stocked for life, jerks." But I don't want to be on some list somewhere I mean other tha the ones i am already on etc,
    Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread