Central NJ
Gus is a go ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359080233.137651.jpg

From my phone

jinxt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2011
Newport News, Virginia
can you clarify, what you mean by two different thread types?

have link to facebook?

There were 2 different versions of the aga-t. The early version had larger knurling and the center post was not stainless; the newer version has tighter knurling and a stainless center post. It would be nice to know which one worked. I'll know when my Gus gets here. My aga-t is straight from youde (the manufacturer) from nomo's co-op which was the second version.

Sent from my phone.

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
There were 2 different versions of the aga-t. The early version had larger knurling and the center post was not stainless; the newer version has tighter knurling and a stainless center post. It would be nice to know which one worked. I'll know when my Gus gets here. My aga-t is straight from youde (the manufacturer) from nomo's co-op which was the second version.

Sent from my phone.
If there are two different cap threads on the agat I'd be surprised.All the ones I have are from a co op, and the endor ones I see are identicle. But just measure the thread. Should be 20mm thread 1mm pitch.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
The only two versions i know of are the AGA-T & AGA-T+
and the AGA-T+ doesnt even have threads... the top cap is held in with orings...

JINXT, are you saying that there are two different versions of the AGA-T, with two different thread sizes?
have you confirmed this or are you just speculating?

lumberjack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
TX, USA

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
There were at least 2 versions of the AGA-T. I don't know if the thread sizes are different, though, since I only have the second version (from a co-op). It looks like the one in the OP, with a more tapered top cap.

The best visual comparison I've seen is in member dsy5's blog.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/dsy5/3351-gv-birkshire-aga-tiamat-compared.html.
Thanks for the link LJ.
So from what I gather the earlier version may have finer/unsuitable threading for the Hybrid mod, but I hav'nt seen any of this version 1 in the wild and all vendors appear to have version 2, which is the one we want anyway.
Mine was v2 and from a co op 3months ago, so obviously by then UDE had started shipping the V2.
Don't know how many of you folks have the V1, or even if the finer threading will cause an issue seeing as they only really have 2-3 threads max on the top plate and the tolerances may still be workable. Either way I don't think most need to worry, just get at least 1 v2 AGA-T and another AGA -T v1,v2, AGA-T2 or AGA-T+ and you are in business. Don't get the AGA-W with the threaded tank and non threaded center post, they are useless.

rcbell.N51

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
Minnesota
Has anyone done theirs yet or are you all waiting on gear to arrive? Please post pics here when you can :)

Did mine and posted bad pics earlier. Still trying to decide on how to fill the two unthreaded holes so I haven't actually used it yet. I think I may go with the solder method you used, and if it works I may even fill the threaded holes that way just for cleaner looks. Also considered a few other methods like press fitting some SS rod or marine grade rivets. Ruled out rivets because you don't want to interfere with the center post in any way.

I don't have another mod beside the Paps that this will fit either although for a minute I got really excited thinking it might go on my P+. Alas, it did not...

rcbell-n51-albums-aga-hybrid-picture172443-aga-gp-paps-hybrid.jpg

Last edited:

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia
Did mine and posted bad pics earlier. Still trying to decide on how to fill the two unthreaded holes so I haven't actually used it yet. I think I may go with the solder method you used, and if it works I may even fill the threaded holes that way just for cleaner looks. Also considered a few other methods like press fitting some SS rod or marine grade rivets. Ruled out rivets because you don't want to interfere with the center post in any way.

I don't have another mod beside the Paps that this will fit either although for a minute I got really excited thinking it might go on my P+. Alas, it did not...

rcbell-n51-albums-aga-hybrid-picture172443-aga-gp-paps-hybrid.jpg

Thanks for the pics.
The solder was a pain, not sure it so much adhered to the ss as much as made a zero tolerance/perfect fit plug.
Eventually I ended up filling the solder from the underside of the too plate while it rested flat on a tin lid, otherwise the solder just fell out all the time , especially doing two seperate holes. The flux was a little bit of a pain to clean off and the surface of the ss discoulored in a few places due to all the experimenting, and needed more sanding and polishing of the the knurled area to hide the visible signs of this. Sanding the solder back to a nice smooth surface was easy though.
If I was doing this over I would definately fill the holes first before any sanding or polishing of the knurling.
It was pointed out to me that the knurling on the bottom of the AGA-T kinda matches the Paps locking ring, and with a bit of a sand and polish it gets closer still.
Keen to see one of these fully deknurled though, and how big the resulting step would appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread