Precise ELA Telescoping Mod by Super-T!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CenTexVpr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2013
Central Texas
Funny! I didn't buy springs, because I didn't want to order 'just springs'. Shame on me! :)

Your loss. I have held off on several items for the same reason. SS accent rings, aluminum compression rings, brass compression rings... When will I learn if you want it & theyv'e got it, you better get it. Cause they won't have it when you finally decide to bite the bullet & just get it.:)

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
Your loss. I have held off on several items for the same reason. SS accent rings, aluminum compression rings, brass compression rings... When will I learn if you want it & theyv'e got it, you better get it. Cause they won't have it when you finally decide to bite the bullet & just get it.:)

I know. I knew better. But..... :)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Damn. I guess I missed it all....... So were items available separately, such as tubes etc. I just need a bottom contact or 2 for ELA. Are the Rhodium plated contacts a thing of the past? Im just noticing that the ELA package now comes with brass and the latest Simplicity 26650 and 500 are now only brass.

I have one ELA that has a brass contact on the bottom, it works better than the damaged one did, but its a pain to have to clean ever other day. The other ELAs bottom contact is filed up and Id like another for it.

Very odd things, I hope its just my "foggy mind" and Im understanding things wrong.

Last edited:

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
Damn. I guess I missed it all....... So were items available separately, such as tubes etc. I just need a bottom contact or 2 for ELA. Are the Rhodium plated contacts a thing of the past? Im just noticing that the ELA package now comes with brass and the latest Simplicity 26650 and 500 are now only brass.

I have one ELA that has a brass contact on the bottom, it works better than the damaged one did, but its a pain to have to clean ever other day. The other ELAs bottom contact is filed up and Id like another for it.

Very odd things, I hope its just my "foggy mind" and Im understanding things wrong.

You really shouldn't have to clean it every other day. I think you may end up doing more harm then good :(

No, they aren't a thing of the past, just been doing little small batches lately of parts we need and they won't plate batches under 500 parts for the most part. We have on the schedule to do a big batch again.

CenTexVpr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2013
Central Texas

Somewhere I saw that Dave mentioned that they are just out of stock on the rhodium contacts at this time. I didn't read that as he was doing away with them. The plating on the posts is the only thing he can't do in house. So getting replacement posts is going to be some what more difficult than getting in-house manufactured parts.:unsure:

Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
No, they aren't a thing of the past, just been doing little small batches lately of parts we need and they won't plate batches under 500 parts for the most part. We have on the schedule to do a big batch again.

Well hell Dave, why not just plate way more than you need? I'm sure there is a market for replacement plated contacts. :) I know I for one would need a few, especially to upgrade the current brass contacts in the 26650.

I will send you an email in the next few days pertaining to several of my Super T items. I started out writing it here and figured it'd be better served in an email :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread