Analog Smoker Ready to Take the Plunge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
I'm also new to the ecig world. I just got my 901 from vaporkings and used it for the first time last night and all day today. I'm in love! I want to go totally away from nicotene. So I'm ordering sampler from myfreedomsmokes. I ordered my 901 late Friday night and it arrived to me on Monday. I'd say that's very fast shipping. I ordered the ejuice later that night and it should arrive tomorrow. I had quit the nasty analogs for 8 months this year then ..... duh....stress.....started again in Aug and back to a pack a day. I liked being able to breath, smell and taste. So far today has been great only 2 analogs. The vapor is so much better that I'm sure I'll be totally off the analogs in a day or two then off nicotene totally in a few weeks.

Good for you, and welcome to ECF (from one noob to another)! :D

Ah, I like my nicotine, personally. Don't think I'll ever want to quit THAT. Just gotta get away from the tar and ashes.

Glad to hear you like your 901. At this point of my uber anticipation of getting an e-cig, I hope I don't see one at the mall tomorrow and buy one of those! LOL.

Note: Don't buy the mall e-cigs. They suck. Badly.

Beer Man

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
Wonder Lake, Illinois USA
Good for you, and welcome to ECF (from one noob to another)! :D

Ah, I like my nicotine, personally. Don't think I'll ever want to quit THAT. Just gotta get away from the tar and ashes.

Glad to hear you like your 901. At this point of my uber anticipation of getting an e-cig, I hope I don't see one at the mall tomorrow and buy one of those! LOL.

Note: Don't buy the mall e-cigs. They suck. Badly.

I don't like you calling yourself a noob. You're just another guy looking for info. We're all nooby's here imo. It's a market in its infancy. Stick around and learn a lot. I sure have.

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
Thanks for yet another reply to my noob-ish self. :D

Yes, I was gonna go with 24mg so I wouldn't get terrible cravings. :)

I think I'll try the 510 to see what all the rage is about. Perhaps I can give a nice little 901 versus 510 review after trying both. :thumb:

We anxiously await your review. I would love to hear an opinion of the two from a noob! I am still somewhat a noob myself, and have not yet purchased a 901.

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
We anxiously await your review. I would love to hear an opinion of the two from a noob! I am still somewhat a noob myself, and have not yet purchased a 901.

Trust me, I anxiously await their arrival! The anticipation is killing me! LOL.

Unfortunately, I'm almost out of analogs, and I don't think the 510 will arrive until tomorrow or Saturday. :(

I was a crush smoker myself, I prefer to add my own menthol... trust me, you'll never go back.

Glad to hear that yet another person made the switch for good. What do you mean exactly by "add your own menthol?" Do you mean just adding a few drops of menthol liquid to another flavor, dripping only menthol, or the even more confusing, using menthol crystals?

I still have tons to learn about this e-cig stuff... ahah.

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
In the nature of not making several posts to further clutter the board, I am gonna ask a few more beginner (see? not noob, Beer Man :)) questions I have for when my 510 does arrive.

1) I've seen a few arguments about how long to charge the new batteries out of the box. I plan on fully charging prior to using, but I've seen some say leave it on for 8 hours and others say to leave it just until the light turns green. The 8-hour folk speak of "trickle charging," but the 8-hour dissenters talk about this being a "holdover from the nickel battery days." Any ideas?

2) I've seen things about new atomizers having the need to be prepared prior to vaping. Some say blow off the (nasty?) primer juice into a paper towel prior to vaping. Some say not to. What should a fella do?

3) I've read about getting a syringe to (I assume) place the batting inside in order to get all excess juice out of a used cart. Is this only useful when switching flavors? Or should I do that each time I refill? Also, do you think I could buy a syringe at Walgreen's? Does it necessarily require a needle (I'm bad with sharp, pointy objects)?

4) I've read about folks using unflavored PG for DIY juice, and it being available at "farm supply stores." I do have a Tractor Supply Co. store here in my town. Think they would know what I was talking about if I asked them about it? LOL. Trying to get as few funny looks as possible. People in southeastern KY aren't exactly known for their open mind. They'll probably think I'm trying to make a bomb with it or something...

Ok, I guess that's all the questions I have. I did pick up a 3-pack of "Bonded Foam Sleeves" by Marineland yesteday at Petsmart. Like $9, but I would say this will last me... like... forever? These things are huge!

BONUS #5) Has anyone tried both the pyramid tea bag mod AND the blue foam mod? Which seems to be more effective in a 510 and/or 901?

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
US suppliers are over priced, I order directly from china... it's where most of it's made any ways =) I can get most things at 1/4 of the cost of most US suppliers... And the quality is no different, same product without the fancy name.

Nice. That's a good thing to hear, especially for a guy like me who doesn't have a lot of money to throw around. I'm already $100+ in after ordering two kits and a LITTLE bit of juice. Could you give any recommendations as to suppliers you use? What exactly do you order?

Did you get your 510 yet? My first e-cig was one of the crappy overpriced mall ones--just yesterday SmokingEverywhere called me to ask if I was enjoying the product...she hung up on me when I said (in a very calm voice) that I was not planning on giving them another penny. Once I got my 510, I began losing interest in analogs almost immediately. I still have half a pack, and I've only smoked them when I'm curious to remind myself how nasty they taste now that my sense of taste is returning.

Don't be afraid to try the other flavors. I'm finding that although I like the tobacco flavors (RY4 & Joye's MLB that comes with the 510 are both quite good, IMO), I am falling in love with a variety of flavors. Love the watermelon, and I'm constantly vaping pina colada. The Capella's Vanilla Custard flavor from Happy Vapor is fantastic by itself when I'm not wanting nicotine, and it makes basically any flavor better by simply adding a few drops of Vanilla.

I'm considering my next juice order, but I'm curious how you like the 901 versus the 510. The nice thing about either of them is that many of the "box mod" batteries have adapters to use other atty's so you'll have use for both even if you have a preference for one over the other.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
...I based most of my decisions off of DonDaBoomVape's guide here in the forum. He and Leaford seem to be fond of the 901, so that was my initial basis...

[I just prepared this long post based on one of your earlier ones about the 901, but I just noticed you have ordered the 510. So some of the following is a "never mind," but I like the appearance of my own words:D, so I'll let it stand.]

First, I am honored. Thank you!

Second, what gave you the idea that I am fond of the 901? I certainly didn't poo poo it. I tried to point out the pros and cons of each model. However, my personal comments (injected here and there throughout the guide) tended to favor those models that I have used; the 901 is not one of them.

Leaford recommends the 901 for the first-time user and it might be right for you. But if you watched his two videos that I inserted in the guide, you saw that the 901 does not make his top 5 ... and (from what I've read) it doesn't make mine.

And notice the model I chose for my "Quick and Dirty Approach" - the 510 (and I hadn't even used it at that point). Since then I have and it now is one of my two favorites along with the penstyle: they're very different PVs and different vaping experiences, but I appreciate each. However, that is me. [Gramatically that 'me' should be 'I' ... but it sounds stilted.:rolleyes:]

It seems to me that you're overwhelming yourself (and your bank account) with too much information, too many decisions, and too much in purchases all at once. Take it slow and don't expect to arrive at the be all and end all on your first try. Buy sampler liquids to find out what flavors you like.

And thanks again for that plug of my WWV guide!

MitchellBeans

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
Hey there -- I am new, just like you are.

I had the Health E-Cigs from amazon a few months ago ... it was definetly hit or miss .. some carts were full, some were empty almost it seemed... one thing for certain .. the battery did suck.

I ordred the Joye 510 from Cignot.com along with some 'juice' thanks to the suggestions of others on this forum... it seems to be the best one for me anyhow.

I note you ordred the same model and also another.. I would really like to hear your thoughts on which is better...

I am a light smoker -- maybe 2 - 5 Marb Lights a day...

I will share my experiences when my order arrives tomorrow, as I hope you will share yours.

All the best!

sachiaiko

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2009
Rainier, WA
Hey have you read about TastyVapors juices? You can customize the flavor you want, though i did read you werent sure about the sweetness factor, the guy who runs the busines Geoffrey custom makes all his ejuice so if you want it less sweet but with flavor you can just ask him. He's also super super super nice, and very helpful. Its tastyvapor . com i think. might have a - between the words. I dont remember right off the top of my head.

I'm a beginer as well and I'm ordering 3 starter packs in the 510 for myself, my brother and his girl. Each of us will get a different color to avoid mixups. Pete i think i'm picking copper for him, his girls getting blue cause its her fav color and i picked the red for myself. I havent placed the order yet, but i have been putting everything in my basket - its their christmas presents for thsi year. I'ma lso planning on buying the nic juice from tastyvapor who has gotten nothing but rav reviews. he's really kind, apparently adds goodies or freebies in with most orders, and is CHEAP way cheaper then other places. If you havent ordered nic juice yet i'd go talk to Geoffrey.

the one thought i had was about buying different models for the three cigs i'm buying. Deffinately an idea i had. But if one works better then the other for some reason then one of us is stuck with a less then exciting cig. Eh. Anyhoot.

I ramble.

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
Did you get your 510 yet? My first e-cig was one of the crappy overpriced mall ones--just yesterday SmokingEverywhere called me to ask if I was enjoying the product...she hung up on me when I said (in a very calm voice) that I was not planning on giving them another penny. Once I got my 510, I began losing interest in analogs almost immediately. I still have half a pack, and I've only smoked them when I'm curious to remind myself how nasty they taste now that my sense of taste is returning.

Don't be afraid to try the other flavors. I'm finding that although I like the tobacco flavors (RY4 & Joye's MLB that comes with the 510 are both quite good, IMO), I am falling in love with a variety of flavors. Love the watermelon, and I'm constantly vaping pina colada. The Capella's Vanilla Custard flavor from Happy Vapor is fantastic by itself when I'm not wanting nicotine, and it makes basically any flavor better by simply adding a few drops of Vanilla.

I'm considering my next juice order, but I'm curious how you like the 901 versus the 510. The nice thing about either of them is that many of the "box mod" batteries have adapters to use other atty's so you'll have use for both even if you have a preference for one over the other.

Thanks for the reply. :)

No, my order shipped out Tuesday, so I anticipate (with the Wednesday holiday and all) getting it either tomorrow or Saturday (I HOPE!)

I ordered the juice sampler from Vapor Country along with my 901, but it won't be here until next week sometime (he's on vacation... will return tomorrow). I wish I had ordered the sampler from nHaler (510 supplier), but I didn't see it until after my order was finished.

Ugh, sorry you fell for the mall trap. I went to a mall yesterday and, surprisingly, didn't see any e-cigs. I'm sort of glad, because I would've been tempted, even though I know they suck. I'm just sooooooooo ready to be done with analogs!

I'm gonna order every sampler pack I can find on the net. Increases my chances of finding some favorites, I'd assume. I'm a fool for vanilla, so I'd say I will like any of those I happen to get.

Yeah, the ability to get adapters for the 510 and 901 to make them compatible with each other was a big determining factor in me choosing to get both of them. Nice versatility, there. :thumb:

DinosaurVapor

Moved On
Nov 11, 2009
Spokane, WA
Hey have you read about TastyVapors juices? You can customize the flavor you want, though i did read you werent sure about the sweetness factor, the guy who runs the busines Geoffrey custom makes all his ejuice so if you want it less sweet but with flavor you can just ask him. He's also super super super nice, and very helpful. Its tastyvapor . com i think. might have a - between the words. I dont remember right off the top of my head.

I'm a beginer as well and I'm ordering 3 starter packs in the 510 for myself, my brother and his girl. Each of us will get a different color to avoid mixups. Pete i think i'm picking copper for him, his girls getting blue cause its her fav color and i picked the red for myself. I havent placed the order yet, but i have been putting everything in my basket - its their christmas presents for thsi year. I'ma lso planning on buying the nic juice from tastyvapor who has gotten nothing but rav reviews. he's really kind, apparently adds goodies or freebies in with most orders, and is CHEAP way cheaper then other places. If you havent ordered nic juice yet i'd go talk to Geoffrey.

the one thought i had was about buying different models for the three cigs i'm buying. Deffinately an idea i had. But if one works better then the other for some reason then one of us is stuck with a less then exciting cig. Eh. Anyhoot.

I ramble.

Yes, Geoff is an amazing guy....he can add whatever you want, any three flavors, strong or weak flavored

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
[I just prepared this long post based on one of your earlier ones about the 901, but I just noticed you have ordered the 510. So some of the following is a "never mind," but I like the appearance of my own words:D, so I'll let it stand.]

...Leaford recommends the 901 for the first-time user and it might be right for you. But if you watched his two videos that I inserted in the guide, you saw that the 901 does not make his top 5 ... and (from what I've read) it doesn't make mine.

Yeah, I, and others, have noticed a real decline in quality of the 901s lately. It's getting harder to find a good one. Soon, I'm going to be evaluating several different manufacturer's versions and try to find the best, and I'll be sure to post what I learn. But really, I've gotten enough bad ones from enough different retailers over the past couple of months, that I can't really reccomend it ove the 510 anymore.

OTOH, the 510s are pretty consistently good quality. But there are more and more clones available, so I'd advise making sure you are getting the actual Joyetech 510. I'll be trying some of the 510 clones soon, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread