Anyone else real picky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I am so picky about the juice I like that I'm down to only one vendor. I keep getting different kinds to try only to find that I don't care for them. I like very simple non-complex flavors. Also, I read in reviews about what it taste like during "inhale" and "exhale". I only taste my juice on the exhale. Is that normal?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I don't know about it being normal or abnormal, but I taste during both. For example, I made a mix that has Cherry and Chocolate in it, and I taste the cherry on inhale and the chocolate on the exhale. I have no idea why...I just do! Several friends I've had try it say the same for them.

I have a suggestion for you though, since you've tried so many juices. Why not give DIY a try? I was vaping for 2 years before I even considered trying it. Now, since I've been doing it since just this past Feb. 2nd...I absolutely love it and kick myself for not trying it earlier!

It's not as difficult as many make it sound, and the initial investment can be less than $60 if you shop around. I bought everything I needed to make (10) 50mL bottles of eliquid for less than $56, and 10 bottles from my regular vendor I was buying from...would have cost me $140!

Plus, even after making those 10 bottles...I still had plenty of flavorings to use in more recipes! Also, some supplies (syringes, needle tips, etc.) included in that $56 can be used over and over again.

Just something to think about! DIY is definitely the way to go, especially for people who have a hard time finding juices they truly love. With DIY...you'll be able to find and have as many as you want! :)

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
At the beginning of the month, I'm picky. As I start to run out of juice, I'm not so picky as I reach for the bottles that aren't so hot but are still vapable. :lol:

Then I order more supplies, make the good stuff, and I'm picky again. :D

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I'm down to only one vendor

Same here. For more than a year I've been ordering just two flavors from the same vendor (Halo) and still satisfied ... :D

I do want to experiment with DIY, but too lazy so far ... :blush:

A couple of years ago, I got tired of paying over $3 each for Starbucks Frappuccinos, and started making my own (for about 10 percent of the cost, and mine are better :thumbs:). If they start "sin-taxing" juice to restore tobacco revenues, I will be clearing more space on the kitchen counter ... :ohmy:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Bonnie, if you like simple flavors you might consider these one day when you pull out your DIY gear again. I saw several folks raving about one of OSDIYs in house flavorings called Blue Raspberry Slush. Tried it but I couldn't taste any Raspberry. Luckily tho I ordered 6 others at the same time. Several are very tasty standalone vape at 13%. No idea if they'd be your kinda flavor but 'Old Tyme Root Beer' is very good. Sweet Southern Tea is true to its name. Pink Lemonade is good. After 2 weeks of steep I'm beginning to find the strawberry in Strawberry Milk. Maybe I've got a problem tasting berries?
Just suggestions for you to consider.

Reactions: Bonskibon

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Bonnie, if you like simple flavors you might consider these one day when you pull out your DIY gear again. I saw several folks raving about one of OSDIYs in house flavorings called Blue Raspberry Slush. Tried it but I couldn't taste any Raspberry. Luckily tho I ordered 6 others at the same time. Several are very tasty standalone vape at 13%. No idea if they'd be your kinda flavor but 'Old Tyme Root Beer' is very good. Sweet Southern Tea is true to its name. Pink Lemonade is good. After 2 weeks of steep I'm beginning to find the strawberry in Strawberry Milk. Maybe I've got a problem tasting berries?
Just suggestions for you to consider.
Great, thank you. :)

Reactions: Foggy Road

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I have found a simple solution to being picky like you Bonnie. Finding a store bought flavor aside from Tobacco was a chore to say the least and when I finally found one I liked it was hard on the Coils. I am assuming it has sweetener added. So the simple solution was DIY and between my own DIY mixes and sample packs from Suicide Bunny and Backwoods Blends I have close to 50 bottles of e-Liquid sitting in my rack.

The solution is change up the flavors morning noon and night!

TheRussianVaper

Apr 22, 2016
I do have DIY supplies, but didn't like anything I made. I need to get some better flavors I think. Only made a couple things that were ok so just stopped doing it for a while. Maybe my taste buds will come around, I don't know. Smoked for a better part of 35 years.
Amsterdam vape and "DYI or DIE" are great DYIers on youtube, I personally have learned a lot from them.

Reactions: Bonskibon

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
Same here. For more than a year I've been ordering just two flavors from the same vendor (Halo) and still satisfied ... :D
Same here, well, satisfied with the juice, not the cost. I just quit Halo after using them for 3 years. It was costing me $80 every 3 weeks. Switched to a vendor that cost me $20 every 3 weeks, but I'm not satisfied with flavor. I'm still working on the right mixture, but with the savings it's well worth it.

Throughout the 3 years I used 2-3 Halo juices I've dried dozens of other vendors. I only found 1 juice from one vendor that I liked and it made my wife nauseous, so the hunt continued. I'm 'tobacco flavor only' and don't understand why there are so many flavors labeled tobacco and not_a_one taste like tobacco, while having great reviews as a tobacco flavor. Whatever the flavors are they are waaAAaay too strong and stick up where ever you are. So you think you also have to buy unflavored base to majorly dilute the 'whatever flavor', but they're still....whatever they are. The vendors need a 'whatever' or 'stink' category, but then they wouldn't have a tobacco category. :lol:

Am I extremely picky or do I just want tobacco? You know, for my e-*cig :facepalm: ?

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I'm 'tobacco flavor only' and don't understand why there are so many flavors labeled tobacco and not_a_one taste like tobacco
I hear that. I have tried so many that turned out bitter, sweet, or nutty tasting and didn't care for any of that. I found one that I like and use daily. This to me taste just like a cigarette so much so that when I stopped smoking I took a drag off my cigarette than a pull from this and there was no difference IMO. Easy Vapors - Traditional Flavor - $5.99 : EasyVapors.com, Electronic Cigarette Cartridge and Cartomizer Refills ELiquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread