Anyone try the Aspire clearos/tanks yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
if you're starting a Coop, beware of Best E Cigarette Brand Joyetech Coupon Store - Ten One International I ordered a regular vivi like and 5 heads. When I complained about not shipping 5 days after they told me there had been a mistake on the page and that they'd send me less than I ordered. Also, since the problem was with HK mail, I had to pay more for DHL. This was September 23rd, I'm still waiting for my refund. Thankfully I did it through Pay Pal so I'll file a complaint in a few days.

I wish Nhaler shipped internationally. GotVapes is not planning to stock them.

Cha0s13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Took the eGo version with me to the pub this evening, counting on a worry-free vape.
Well, it would've been if I liked the taste of burnt tires! Yuck!
Went to the men's room to rinse it but it didn't help; tastes awful and it won't go away.
My Vivi Nova model doesn't have this problem but the taste is still very muted.
My opinion so far: total crap!
I was happy with my ProTank. Guess I'll just go back to that and won't take a pbusardo review for granted next time.
Lesson learnt.

Same here, I bought a ego mini novas and it worked great. Liked it so much , i bought two more. Both the new ones taste like burnt tires no matter what I try . Not buying anymore of these.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Same here, I bought a ego mini novas and it worked great. Liked it so much , i bought two more. Both the new ones taste like burnt tires no matter what I try . Not buying anymore of these.

I bought 3, ego, 510 and the mini nova stule and they all taste horrible, i have cleaned them twice. On my ego style i decided to tough through it, im about a half tank empty and the bad taste is fading and the flavor is starting to come through.

Dont give up theres hope!

Other than the darn taste, i really like it. Its made nice, all are easy to fill.

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
I've taken out the coils and replaced them with a single 2.4Ω coil.
I wanted to do this anyway since I'm using the eGo version with an eGo Twist when I'm at the pub and don't want my battery to drain 50% faster than usual (12W vs 8W)
It's vaping like a charm and no more burnt taste! I guess the wicks were causing the nasty taste in the original setup.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
I wish I could relate to those folks who are getting burnt taste and muted flavor, but I can't. I have been using these for over a week now and have had no problems- no leaking, smooth draw, plenty of vapor, and no muted flavor. you can't compare a clearo to a well set up rba/rda- but these are coming pretty darn close. these are performing way better than my protanks and puritanks- except for style the single bottom coil tanks are pretty much the same anyway with those kanger coils. this has been my best clearo to date. multiple coils(I clean and rotate every 2 days with a soak in 100 proof vodka) and not a single misstep. I suspect a lot of problems are more to do with user error than faulty equipment. YMMV

Cha0s13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
It sounds to me that there may have been a bad batch floating around out there. I know too many people that really love these and have not experienced any "off" taste :)

If you are new to silica, there is a short break in period for the taste to be good IMO

I really wish I knew if I just have a bad batch of atomizers or something. I was really excited for this clearomizer. Im on my last atomizer in the packet and it tastes a little better than the others, but still a slight funny taste. Ill give it a tank or two to see if it gets better. Ill keep you posted.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I really wish I knew if I just have a bad batch of atomizers or something. I was really excited for this clearomizer. Im on my last atomizer in the packet and it tastes a little better than the others, but still a slight funny taste. Ill give it a tank or two to see if it gets better. Ill keep you posted.

I will be getting a bunch of these around the end of next week. I will also report back with my honest opinion of them.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Ok so the last atty in the pack is working pretty good now. Sucks though that I have to go through the whole pack of 5 to find one good atty. I dont know if I want to buy anymore if I get only one good one in a 5 pack. Sheesh!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I don't blame you. Maybe you should wait until more reviews come out on them. If the majority of people are getting good results, it might be easier to think that you just got a bad batch IMO

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
You may be tasting the silica? Are you sure that you are getting enough juice to the wicks? If they are dry, you can get a dry, burnt taste that is not good. With first fill on a new silica wick in my Kangers, I always take a few draws without pressing the button on my ecig battery in order to pull juice into the wicks and get it started.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
You may be tasting the silica? Are you sure that you are getting enough juice to the wicks? If they are dry, you can get a dry, burnt taste that is not good. With first fill on a new silica wick in my Kangers, I always take a few draws without pressing the button on my ecig battery in order to pull juice into the wicks and get it started.

Yeah i do that, and let it sit,
i soaked it in vodka over night, didnt work either,
today i tried boiling water and poured over them in a bowl and let sit, then rinse and now air drying.
dont know what else to do.
hope it works

If any one has any ideas let me know!
i msgd nhaler for advice and havnt heard back yet

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Omygod, sont use hot water to clean them! The bottoms fell apart.
The glue came off.

All i did was bring water to a boil, took the pot of water upstairs, poured the water in the aink, dropped the tanks in there waited 5 mins and drained the water and let them airdry.

You think this glue is what im tasting?
The 510 one is ruined.
Not sure about the others yet.

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
You poured boiling water over the tank? Why? The bad taste is coming from the atomizer head.
I've dissected my bad tasting atomizer yesterday and couldn't find any reason for the burnt taste.
The rubber grommet at the very bottom of the head has no signs of burning and the insulation on the lead wires for one of the coils is also intact. I put in a single new coil and the bad taste is gone which leads me to believe the burnt taste was coming from the original wicks.

Last edited:

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
You poured boiling water over the tank? Why? The bad taste is coming from the atomizer head.
I've dissected my bad tasting atomizer yesterday and couldn't find any reason for the burnt taste.
The rubber grommet at the very bottom of the head has no signs of burning and the insulation on the lead wires for one of the coils is also intact. I put in a single new coil and the bad taste is gone which leads me to believe the burnt taste was coming from the original wicks.

Because..... Im desperate! Duh lol

But it worked, the taste is gone lol.
Now i have to see about leqking cuz im an idiot lol.

I jave no luck with this stuff, ripe banana busted one of my clearos, i had no idea that would happen, won a free battery it was a doa, my new innokin itaste vv3 wont fit the 19s clearos it came with, been thru two kits of those already. My three bdc's tasted like burning plastic that actually left a film on my tongue!
Lost this rubber o ring to my iclear 16 clearo so the tip wont stay on.

All this on the last week, most of which aince yeaterday!

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Because..... Im desperate! Duh lol

I jave no luck with this stuff, ripe banana busted one of my clearos, i had no idea that would happen, won a free battery it was a doa, my new innokin itaste vv3 wont fit the 19s clearos it came with, been thru two kits of those already. My three bdc's tasted like burning plastic that actually left a film on my tongue!
Lost this rubber o ring to my iclear 16 clearo so the tip wont stay on.

All this on the last week, most of which aince yeaterday!

Your "join date" shows Sep 2013 so not sure how new you are at this.

Over in the "Older Folks and Vaping" thread they're discussing the "frustrations" of some new vapers.

One fella' wrote: "I know some of my v-verts struggle with their hassles.

Lil' things like a pushed center batt contact, flooding, not enough nic, etc. tend to overwhelm 'em and/or gives 'em an excuse to flic-da-Bic.

It's bad enough fighting 'bakky withdrawal without contending with idiosyncrasies of a new 'system'. What is a minor issue for vet vapers becomes major obstacles for the tyro."

So...hang in there...and just concentrate on the number of stinkys you've NOT smoked since you've started vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread