Anyone vape at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awkwardly Awesome

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Minnesota
But I love to get outside for my breaks, so even if I could vape inside, I would still go out with the smokers to the "smoking area" and vape. I can't be cooped up inside a building for my whole shift, smoking or not! lol

If I still worked at a job with set break times, I am sure I would be the same way. I really liked smoking for the social aspect of it. At my last job all the smokers were friends and we hardly knew the non-smokers.

I am on day 2 of vaping at work, no one has even noticed. But my cubicle is in the corner so most people have to go out of their way to come to my desk. And I am still trying to be somewhat stealthy/respectable about it.

Gunner83

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2012
US
If I still worked at a job with set break times, I am sure I would be the same way. I really liked smoking for the social aspect of it. At my last job all the smokers were friends and we hardly knew the non-smokers.

I am on day 2 of vaping at work, no one has even noticed. But my cubicle is in the corner so most people have to go out of their way to come to my desk. And I am still trying to be somewhat stealthy/respectable about it.

Yep. Same goes for where I work. All the smokers know eachother pretty well from our smoke break and lunch time outside.

I used to work 12 hour shifts at a jail and our smoking area was technically "outside", but it was still very enclosed (walls/fences). I hated it. I love being able to go outside and just relax for a few minutes. I could never understand how the non-smokers at the jail could stay inside the facility for 12 hours straight without breathing in some fresh air. It boggled my mind.

zymox

Verified Member
Aug 21, 2012
sweden
Working in the control room as an engineer at the local heating district. Vaping all day long, explaining every now and then what I'm doing and every one thinks it's a great idea. One guy though refuses to acknowledge the e-cigs so he is terrorizing him self with carrots and nicotine chewing gum - hehe. Every time he see me with my eGo locked and loaded he needs a gum...

Phil McRotch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2010
Carson, CA
I am in my own independent agency. I get to vape as I please. Unaware or new clients come enter the office smelling a wonderful aroma, but have not yet asked about the haze.

Those who know what it is that is standing on my desk ask me if it works [to stay off analogs], and of course, it is a solid yes.

Ardo

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Tallinn, Estonia
Thanks for all the replies. Still don't know if i am going to try it. Sounds like the best way to approach it is just start doing it and explain when people ask. LOL

Exactly. Just start vaping and if someone asks, explain. Usually people tend to be reasonable about it. That's how they will learn about your e-cig and before you know, it will be as normal as chewing bubblegum. Just go for it:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread