Anyone vape at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feyd-Rautha

Mar 27, 2012
Upstate, NY
I have been vaping at work for a couple of months. Been vaping for six. At first id did it outside to get a break but when it got busy it was easier to vape at my desk in the cube farm. My boss saw me vaping and asked "Is it ok to do that in here?". Told him "I don't know, I never asked." He hasn't bothered me since.
I try to be discrete but I have been caught a couple of times. If they ask about it I explain, if they don't I just put it aside and take care of business.

Works for me.

jshamm

Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Delaware
Yeah, I just started vaping at my desk. Sure beats taking an elevator 3 floors down and going outside which takes a good 5 minutes, plus 5 minutes to vape, plus 5 minutes to get back. Do that about 6 times a day saves the company an 1 1/2 of productivity. Actually, I should get a raise for being more efficient. No one has said anything, yet, and I'm sure people have seen me.

BkoJoe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Lost Wages Neblahblah
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Doogmar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Lake Tahoe
I work at a ski hill rental shop. Just started back up and I have 2 other employees with me trying to get equipment ready. I have my provari out at all times and vape while I work. The Mountain Manager came in one day bored, and decided to help out. I blew a big puff as he was working, and he laughed and said I can't do that in there. I just laughed at him told him, not to worry, and that I was getting more work done cuz I didn't have to go on smoke breaks. Then my assistant spoke up and said "yeah he never goes outside and disappears anymore." :p

So until we open I will continue vaping as I work. Once we have customers I'll have to go outside so I don't have to deal with them going to my boss. On busy days I will go into the back area and steal a couple of quick puffs though :)

deeLux

Dec 3, 2011
AB, Canada
I dont, unless I can get away in the privacy of our lunch trailer or service truck.. I work in a refineries and gas plants, and as much as I like to explain to people what vaping is, sometimes I need 10 minutes to myself on coffee and the smoke pit is where everyone congregates, and it goes downhill quick from there. Though I do love the look I get when I take a big pull, blow out a huge cloud, then slip it into my pocket.. priceless every time.

LisaR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
Martinez, CA
I stealth vape in the bathroom at work, if I'm sure no one else is in there. I am a teacher, and there is absolutely nowhere on the school grounds that I could have gotten away with sneaking a cigarette. It would have been strictly taboo. As far as I know, none of the other teachers even smoke, and if they do, they hide it well like I used to. Mostly I bring fruit vapes to work with me, and often the women's bathroom smells like watermelon or mango or green apple (from lotion, air freshener, or whatever), so I figure no one will notice if I add a little more watermelon or green apple scent to the air anyway. And so far, no one has! It's been a huge relief to not have to drive far, far away to get my nicotine fix, and I know I will not stink like cigarette smoke after.

Funny story... One day after I had vaped at lunch, I was walking over to a table to help my students (I teach kindergarten), and one of the girls looked up and said, "Something smells really good! It smells like candy!" And I said, "Oh, that might be my lotion." (I knew it was probably my green apple vape). She smelled my arm and said, "Yes, it is!" That is absolutely NOT the reaction I would have gotten if I'd smoked a cigarette at lunch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread