Are people Still buying Provape Anything? WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Nothing like reviving a dead thread, but does anyone know why they decided to make a box mod? Is it the electronics that require it? Does their market research tell them that this is the desired shape/size? I love the shape of the p2.5 and I use it all the time. Strongly considering the radius, but puzzled at why they would deviate from their well known shape. Also as my name implies, once I hit the buy button, it has to be in my hand yesterday.

Any ideas as to why they switched shapes? Also what is the box capable of? Small minor firmware upgrades, or capable of upping wattage etc like some other mods? Guesses welcome, inside information welcome, and rotten tomatoes/eggs thrown at me for reviving the thread especially welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By moving to a box type format they had the room to place the board beside the battery instead of on top of it, allowing an 18650 mod to have a similar footprint as an 18350 tube mod. As Willie so well stated, this also allowed them to up the power to 40 watts, while still maintaining adequate headroom to operate safely with current battery limits through the batteries lifespan.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
By moving to a box type format they had the room to place the board beside the battery instead of on top of it, allowing an 18650 mod to have a similar footprint as an 18350 tube mod. As Willie so well stated, this also allowed them to up the power to 40 watts, while still maintaining adequate headroom to operate safely with current battery limits through the batteries lifespan.
Don't forget it allowed for room to have not only the power board but a usb charging board too. It also allowed for a new batt connection type giving the advantages of a captured(hard wired) batt and still use 18650s.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Why?

Because not all of us are cloud chasers.

I like a long, slow drag and a cool vape. Neither of which I can get from doing my best imitation of a commercial fog machine.

Im also not a fan of burning through 20-30 ml of juice per day.

And on top of that, the durability, customer service and repair service offered by Provape is legendary.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
PoM-PoM.jpg

Give us a P! Give us an O! Give us an M!
We have missed you!​
Thanks for the pic! :hubba:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I just got my ProVaris Dragon yesterday it's my vaperversary gift 1-09-2016 1 year of nosmoke Shinyitis lolol. Im just glad I made it!!
Congrats on your one year off the smokes!!!
Enjoy your Dragon, that was a great choice :thumbs:

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
Rondo, I don't think your statement about "not even allowed to use the in house phone" is true. But assuming that is, you just threw Kim under the bus. The folks from ProVape do read these threads. What a nice guy you are!

They have a 7 day return policy it doesn't even have to be unopened from what i remember. I'm sure they would want to process the return and new order seperately ie 2 transactions like most merchants.

That seems like a head scratcher right there.

Reactions: AstroTurf

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
meh, the reason people still buy Provari's, even-though they are underpowered compared-to other mods on the market today, is because OG vapers KNOW that a good, NORMAL vape, can be achieved BELOW 40w. OG vapers also know the quality of the Provape mod product-line. OG vapers have had the chance to HOLD a provari in their hand, and they know that the walls of the Provari are thicker than almost any other tube-mod on the market today. They figured the Ratius would be of similar build structure and build quality, because the owners of Provape deliver. Provape delivers fine quality, quality built mods, with long-lasting internal electronics/aka-chips... OG vapers know that Provape assembles in the US and tries their best to source & use US materials. The circuit-boards are even programmed by US citizens, while being sourced from cheaper countries.... OG vapers also know that Provape offers a money-back guarantee upon purchase, and an extended 1-year warranty that covers malfunctions & issues. PLUS, the LIFE-TIME ability to send your Provape product/APV in for repair, if/when your APV either fails or physically breaks. in-fact, they list repair prices on their website (or, they used-to list repair prices for the original Provari, on their website) If your circuit-board gets wet, you can have it replaced for X dollars. If your screen stops displaying, X bucks. Cracks? $X.YY :)

All in all, Provape runs one of the best US-made mod sales corporation within the US. They've got a rich history of serving/servicing us vapers. (The Provari being the very FIRST regulated mod WITH screen) They were with-us OG vapers from the very beginning, competing with the likes of the Buzzpro, & the VapRlife Diamante. Yes, the Provape corporation has been with us for what seems like forever, and the quality is bar-none. The customer service is (at-least USUALLY) very very good (altho can sometimes get slow, imho) and the customer service team can be very kind (most of the time, imho) Many of us have 4, 5, 6+ year old Provari mods, that show absolutely NO SIGNS of breaking, or even slowing-down. Provape even offered a send-in to upgrade option for those that owned the original Provari, but wanted the newest Provari's chip & volt/wattage limits.

So, with the warranty- Hell, ya can't beat it. The mod- Hell, ya can't beat it! It's a GREAT mod of HIGH quality. Ya cannot BEAT the quality of Provape mods, simple as that.... I've dropped my Provari at-least 100 times. From head height onto ceramic tile flooring at-least 5 times, from lap-high onto concrete at-least 4-5 time. I've dropped my Provari from 3-4ft onto ALLLL types of flooring surfaces & outside on the concrete/sidewalk many times, and not-only does my Provari run like the day I got it- My Provari doesn't even show scratches, lol. The satin-silver model hides scratches like you wouldn't BELIEVE!!!! I think it may have been MADE to hide them... For those they KNEW couldn't afford more than one, and for those they KNEW would be devastated, if their Provari would wind-up gouged or scratched. (not that you COULD gouge a provari, considering the SOLID BLOCK of metal it is) lol. I saw 1 that ran thru the washing machine, and after drying it out, if i remember right, it continued to light-up and work. I saw ONE provari that was ran-OVER by a full-sized vehicle, that, if i remember right, continued to turn on and work, altho, Provape replaced it! lol. (idk if I'm remembering these right- They may NOT have turned-on, but provape DID help these people!)

So... IDK. I was sooooo against Provape in the beginning. I hated them. I hated them w/ all my heart. I was of the gang of vapers on ECF that despised Provape for pricing their mod at such a high price. I hated Provape for pricing their battery caps, their extender tubes, their COLORED LED screens, at such a high price... After-all, I thought, HOW U GONNA' CHARGE 15 BUCKS FOR A GREEN LED SCREEN, when I cud get the DIAMANTE, that uses a RAINBOW LED SCREEN, that flashes ALL the colors of the rainbow, included FREE in the price of the mod (which costed LESS than the Provari b4 and after adding the colored LED to ur cart on the Provape website!) LOL.... AND TO THIS DAY- I STILLLLLLL BELIEVE PROVAPE OVERCHARGES!!! I STILL, CONTINUE, TO BELIEVE, that the RADIUS is OVER-CHARGED... & the ORIGINAL provari is finally at a good price-tag, at 75 bucks, hahaha. But nah, despite the high prices (of even the EXTENDER TUBE + CAPS!!!) despite the high prices of the atomizers/cartomizers they kept on their site, and their e-liquid, the high prices of the Z-Atty-PRO they supported & had on their website, the high prices of ALL of their accessories (Hell, they even charged like, 15-20 bucks for AW batteries, (they had/have the highest AW battery prices I've EVER SEEEEN on ANY vendor's website!!!) despite all of this...

You cannot deny that the Provape product-line is basically the highest quality product line avail to us vapers. End of story. You really cannot find a mass-produced mod, that you can ALWAYS purchase, any time of the year, any time of the night, ALWAYS produced- that has a better quality than the Provape. That has a better warranty and repair service agreement, than the Provape Provari & Provape Radius. NONE!

So that is why they continue to be popular. & 40w is enough for MOST vapers that KNOW what they like already, that KNOW what produces a good vape, that want to preserve liquid, have good flavor, and keep the throat hit and vapor production at a good hardy normal level. NO other mod does it like the Provape mods.

;) & yes, I am STILL waiting for my RADIUS to REVIEW- Provape! I have spent the last 6 years of my life supporting your mods, suggesting your mods to vapers & new vapers, & PROMOTING your mods like nobodies business here on ECF and around the web... So, I await my RADIUS for video/text review both on Youtube and here on ECF, Provape..... I will continue to check my mailbox. ;) Edit- if u do-not have my address, just PM me!

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread