Is the PROVARI worth it...YES and I will explain WHY. Facts, not fanyboyism. Plz Read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Since we are dealing with the German naming of the device, and it's being discussed on German vaping forums as being designed for vaping, I think it's a safe bet it's not for medical use. :) Time will tell..

Well, if it blows mad clouds, I'm excited! Hope you keep us up to date on it:)!!

Cearamm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2013
USA
In an onshore labor setting, there is simply no way of getting your costs under $20-30 for all materials and labor. Im not going to bore you with technical details, but as a CNC machinist and programmer who deals extensively in stainless steel manufacturing and machining....its just not possible! Also no off the street minimum wage shop hand can operate a machine like that with any level of precision. Dont believe me? Just ask the minimum wage shop hand who got let go on Xmas eve from my shop for failing to stay within tolerance and continuously scrapping parts...

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Lol, yes, I'm from Romania, nothing to do with the metric system or the Celsius/Fahrenheit debate :)
About my mindset, there's not a lot of difference, I just want quality like anybody else (never owned a Chinese regulated mod, probably never will until they come up with consistent quality). To us Europeans, quality is usually described as Made in Germany for tools, Made in Italy for clothing, Made in France for perfumes and Swiss Made for timepieces. Or Made in Romania for vaping mods (see MarkBugs for instance).

I'm sorry but if Provari doesn't change anything, they will not be there anymore in 10 years to create something.
Not sure if I got it right, you say that as an American, you get stuck on things, but evolution is just natural, you can't be nostalgic about tools, never wanting them to change, otherwise we'd be still stuck to medieval technology or worse :)

Almost forgot: I'm totally into mech mods, if you go this way you'll never regret it, and you can still keep a Provari for those nostalgic moments... :D

I am sure they will be some changes in 10 years but I will ask this. Why are rifling cutters from WW1 such prized machines. Because world records are set on those old machines. Why are some old old large non-CNC machines still at work in places that have modern 7 figure priced machines. It is because the stiffness of the old machines are valued. Look at electric fans made in the 1910's and 1920's, they are far better than what is commonly seen today.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I am sure they will be some changes in 10 years but I will ask this. Why are rifling cutters from WW1 such prized machines. Because world records are set on those old machines. Why are some old old large non-CNC machines still at work in places that have modern 7 figure priced machines. It is because the stiffness of the old machines are valued. Look at electric fans made in the 1910's and 1920's, they are far better than what is commonly seen today.

Yah... my hubby has his great great great grandfather's Winchester 30/30 made before the 1900s (the serial number is less than 500), and far as I know, they're still made today exactly the same way, but with cheaper materials. The thing still looks almost new, and it's been through everything you can think of. I don't think they've changed the design one bit in well over 100 years.

Actually... pre-1970 large diamond bladed saws are worth more than the new ones too in good condition, and that's a machine. Old US made stuff is all still worth a lot of money.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Yah... my hubby has his great great great grandfather's Winchester 30/30 made before the 1900s (the serial number is less than 500), and far as I know, they're still made today exactly the same way, but with cheaper materials. The thing still looks almost new, and it's been through everything you can think of. I don't think they've changed the design one bit in well over 100 years.

Actually... pre-1970 large diamond bladed saws are worth more than the new ones too in good condition, and that's a machine. Old US made stuff is all still worth a lot of money.

The US did have some great stuff but on some of these the USA, German, Austrian, and Swedish ones were gathered up and were kept going. We did produce some great stuff but some others did as well.

Cearamm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2013
USA
We have many machines in our job shop from the 50s-80s that still work around the clock. My cnc mill is made by a US company and is 15 years old. Pretty much runs great except for leaking now which is just a few hoses we havent gotten around to fixing.

How is this related? USA made products tend to stand the test of time. At least when it comes to american sourced steel. Our company no longer buys eastern made steel because of countless incidences of pipe wrenches, crescent wrenches, and a whole slew of other nasties showing up in our bar stock once weve cut into it. Wana find a pipe wrench in your ecig mod. Lol didnt think so. Buy american!

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
This thread is like groundhogs day. The ProVari is a nice unit. Nothing extraordinary, but nice. It used to be the cats pajamas. I had one and while I did enjoy it the luster wore. If people would stop buying these overpriced things perhaps Provape would innovate again instead of throwing color "upgrades" and prehistoric passthroughs at us. I want a DNA 30 in a ProVari tube is what I'm getting at. The ProVari range just doesn't cut it anymore for the price they're asking.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
. I want a DNA 30 in a ProVari tube is what I'm getting at. The ProVari range just doesn't cut it anymore for the price they're asking.

I don't see a DNA30 in a ProVari... If anything, ProVape will manufacture their own electronics with whatever upgrade they may come up with. ProVape has been good about not leaving existing customers hanging by offering upgrades so far, and I think whatever they come up with will fit the current tubes.

Just grab a Futura DNA30 for $229.00 or the Cyborg for $239.00... ;)

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
I don't see a DNA30 in a ProVari... If anything, ProVape will manufacture their own electronics with whatever upgrade they may come up with. ProVape has been good about not leaving existing customers hanging by offering upgrades so far, and I think whatever they come up with will fit the current tubes.

Just grab a Futura DNA30 for $229.00 or the Cyborg for $239.00... ;)
Well, I meant the output of a DNA 30, not the actual chip. I agree that whatever they do will be in that tube.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
The Provari is perfect in every way. The 18350 is the perfect size and shape for grasping onto. It's as powerful as I could ever want. And it is so very reliable, I know if I took it alone out for the day it would not fail me. I have mechanicals, DNA's, and the VV/VW mods, and at the very top, for me, stands the Provari. They just did everything right the first time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread