Are people Still buying Provape Anything? WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
these threads don't bother me at all ... I actually enjoy the ProVari bash threads :blink:
Meh. Bugs me a bit as I get the same thing with a certain brand of guitar I play. The people that bash them and say they are overpriced and not worth the $$$ have generally never played one and likely never even seen one in person.

i personally would never bash a product unless directly asked for my opinion on a product that I am not a fan of.

Just Me

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
Reasons I use a Provari:
(1) Quality
(2) Safety
(3) Reliability
(4) Fixability (ok, not actually a word)
(5) Fear (of other products)

Consider these things:
I successfully stopped smoking the day I bought my ego starter kit, but after about a month, I was searching for something better. I read and read and read here (2013) and found Provari coming up all the time, for at least the first 4 reasons I mentioned above.

Number (5) above encompasses things like products that die in a short time (money wasted, been there), mech mods (about which I know absolutely zilch and don't want to learn at this time in my life).

Right now, I'm a tootle puffer. Provari Classic 8.6 to 8.8 watts, Nautilus Mini, use 1 1/2 to 2 tanks a day. I don't have shinyitis. I don't care about massive clouds; I'm all about using my "pacifier" to stay cigarette-free, which has now been 2 1/2 years (MIRACLE!). That may change some day, but for now, it's good enough for me.

Not a Provari fan-boy/girl, just the facts according to myself. I applaud anyone who finds whatever he/she is happy with. I'm just happy where I am right now. *see note below

*Note: Although I've been satisfied with my Nautilus Mini for over a year, the upcoming regs brought it to my attention that I should opt for something I could rebuild, so I got a Lemo 2. I've washed and soaked it (except for the coil and wick), and now I'm not sure exactly what I want to do with it. Being a tootle puffer with a spool of 32ga Kanthal A-1 annealed round resistance wire, do I want to make twisted wire with more wraps or just a simple wrap to vape at about 1.5-1.8. ? I'm reading and waiting to see what I want to do. Never mind, too much information--I drifted off-topic...

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Reasons I use a Provari:
(1) Quality
(2) Safety
(3) Reliability
(4) Fixability (ok, not actually a word)
(5) Fear (of other products)

Consider these things:
I successfully stopped smoking the day I bought my ego starter kit, but after about a month, I was searching for something better. I read and read and read here (2013) and found Provari coming up all the time, for at least the first 4 reasons I mentioned above.

Number (5) above encompasses things like products that die in a short time (money wasted, been there), mech mods (about which I know absolutely zilch and don't want to learn at this time in my life).

Right now, I'm a tootle puffer. Provari Classic 8.6 to 8.8 watts, Nautilus Mini, use 1 1/2 to 2 tanks a day. I don't have shinyitis. I don't care about massive clouds; I'm all about using my "pacifier" to stay cigarette-free, which has now been 2 1/2 years (MIRACLE!). That may change some day, but for now, it's good enough for me.

Not a Provari fan-boy/girl, just the facts according to myself. I applaud anyone who finds whatever he/she is happy with. I'm just happy where I am right now. *see note below

*Note: Although I've been satisfied with my Nautilus Mini for over a year, the upcoming regs brought it to my attention that I should opt for something I could rebuild, so I got a Lemo 2. I've washed and soaked it (except for the coil and wick), and now I'm not sure exactly what I want to do with it. Being a tootle puffer with a spool of 32ga Kanthal A-1 annealed round resistance wire, do I want to make twisted wire with more wraps or just a simple wrap to vape at about 1.5-1.8. ? I'm reading and waiting to see what I want to do. Never mind, too much information--I drifted off-topic...
I got a couple Lemos, V1, not a real fan but I keep them just because. If all I had was 32Ga I would twist it for my coils to get enough wraps and diameter to get a good vape from it. Personally I had good results with 29 and 30 Ga wire in them with a 3/32" ID coil, I think they wound up being 1.6Ω-1.8Ω coils, but I would have to dig one out and check it to be sure. The vape was fine, but the V1's airflow would sometimes adjust itself to almost closed on me so I just stopped using them not sure what improvements they made because I vowed to not give them another dime of my money...

chrisz

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
cincinnati, oh
Provape has a 10% off sale tomorrow.
I forget the CC though. Got an email from them on it.
Can't afford a Radius. Well could but would rather have 5 other mods.
You will buy those 5 mods, 5 times. Save the money, and buy the radius once!:thumb:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
You will buy those 5 mods, 5 times. Save the money, and buy the radius once!:thumb:
I dunno my VTC mini is fine and My Kbox Mini's are fine.
And if I loose 1 Provape I am outta business.
If I loose one cheaper mod I still have 4 more.
Not knocking those who buy provapes, just not my way of doing things. I like backups.
And I actually like the way the Kbox mini fits my hand. And it does all I need.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Provape has a 10% off sale tomorrow.
I forget the CC though. Got an email from them on it.
Can't afford a Radius. Well could but would rather have 5 other mods.
That dig never gets old. :thumbs: Vape on!

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
And I hope you realise the whole "Made in the US" means absolutely nothing to people who don't live in The States? I understand it's some weird source of pride to you but to someone in Europe it's completely irrelevant.

That's not what my European dealers tell me, in fact, quite the opposite.

You know who else LOVES "Made in USA" products? The China, Malaysia and Japan. They buy my products as fast as I can make them.

It is MOSTLY Americans that prefer cheap Chinese goods over American Made Products... go figure.

European regulated mods barely make it to the shelves here in the USA... too much Chinese stuff stinking up the place.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
And I actually like the way the Kbox mini fits my hand. And it does all I need.

I used a KBox almost exclusively for 6 weeks or so. I agree... Rock solid and feels good in the hand all day. I do prefer the Radius, but at 4-5x the cost, I'd better!

I retired the Kanger to my rainy day hoard of vape stuff, but there is no question in my mind that it will work next time I reach for it.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
VapeProvari3.jpg

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca
I think the radius is garbage! If anyone agrees with me and wants to get rid of theirs, pm me! I like collecting garbage!

Also any news about the new stuff coming out from them?

Saw some hints that my poor head couldn't comprehend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Hmm, why are clouds a vapor so important? It seems that if there are large clouds you might be wasting the juice...
Please dont take my post personal- just quoted yours to address my point. In the beginning as a newbie clouds weren't important to me. Mainly b/c I didn't know they were possible. Now I live for the clouds- juice consumption be damned. Some people chase flavor, others chase clouds & then their are others who chase both. The beauty of vaping is we all have something about it that gives each of us the satisfaction we're after.

I love my provaris. I have 2 2.5's and a P3 stealth. They work very well, the 2.5 for the price it is right now I would say is worth it. I use them on my mini protanks and I still enjoy that vape as well as other high wattage devices.

I remember when I posted in the P3 thread about my stealth. I stated the only thing I didn't like about it was the "quick check settings". I claimed that the Evic mini stealth mode was by far superior as you can just click the button quickly to truly and quickly check the settings. Unlike the P3 where the screen stays on as your vaping.

So I was quoted in that thread about some rubbish that it would take 2 buttons to have a feature like that. Even though I had previously already posted that the evic only uses one button to do this. That quote was also quoted stating that yes indeed it would need 2 buttons. So they didn't even bother to actually read my post and then had to jump on the defensive that I am asking for something that isn't even possible. So I just replied back about helloooo evic mini....one button. They then just ignored me so ya there's that.

Provari is pretty great. I really enjoy my mods I have of theirs. But I find the hardcores a little conceited and arrogant. Like they just had to instantly jump on me for stating the evics stealth mode superior to the P3's. Which it is. I just leave the display off the P3 as I am used to that with my 2.5 anyhow

Also I find it funny all the stories about how much provaris can go through. "Oh I dropped mine in the tub and toilet twice and it still works!" "Derrr I dropped mine from a 5 story building and it still works!"

Anyhow Provari is awesome! Getting a 2.5 right now is more than worth it and pays for it self ten fold eventually.
The *warmth* you received is present amongst many diehard threads; not just the ProVari. Hell, I remember when nothing negative could be said about the VaporShark rDNA40. Those who weren't experiencing any issues tended to be the first each & every time to respond like those with problems didn't know what they were doing or talking about. Currently mine is a paperweight & the warranty sucks!

I don't know why anyone would post a thread like this in the "Forum Suppliers" section though and I don't blame Provari owners for being p!$$ed.

Buy Provari if you like them or buy something else if you don't. Who really cares? This isn't a Rolex vs. Timex conversation. A Provari isn't a status symbol.
Why not post it here. Forum Supplier or not- ProVape likes hearing the good, bad & ugly. If they didn't they could've deleted the thread.

these threads don't bother me at all ... I actually enjoy the ProVari bash threads :blink:
Gone are the days of at least 3 of these threads a week. Fun times!!!! :lol:

They can be entertaining.
I never go to a ProVari bashing thread without :pop: .

darkangel07760

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2015
I have been only vaping since July, and I am already awaiting my 3rd Provari... Now, yes, they are pricey.. But I bought 2 new on sale on their website, and my 3rd one was from the classies. If I was looking to buy my first mod, it probably wouldn't be a Provari because I would have hated to have spent all that $$$ and not liked it...
With that being said, I am happy with my Provari. Once I get this 3rd one, I admit that I will be putting a stop to the spending, because now I have enough mods to have a constant rotation, tanks that suit me very well, and a good number of juices that I love.
I like the aesthetic form of the Provari. It slips into a pocket fairly easily, and ergonomically fits my little hand well! I honestly do like buying an American-as-possible made product, and I also like simplicity. I will probably not get into coil building, I currently prefer the pop-and-go Nautilus and Triton coils, because I want to just vape and not spend extra time building a coil (though I do appreciate the tinkering aspect of creating something). If I am ever in the mood to blow a big ol' cloud I do have one sub ohm tank for that, though it's not really my everyday thing.
Provaris aren't for everyone, and that's why we have such an awesome selection of quality mods and tanks to play with. I would never knock someone down for the choice of mod or tank they use; I am just glad to see ex-smokers using vaping to facilitate their choice to get off of cigarettes, I am glad to see people picking up vaping for the first time instead of picking up a cigarette for the first time... Vaping is the future, and I am so glad to be a part of that.
Vape on!

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I have been only vaping since July, and I am already awaiting my 3rd Provari... Now, yes, they are pricey.. But I bought 2 new on sale on their website, and my 3rd one was from the classies. If I was looking to buy my first mod, it probably wouldn't be a Provari because I would have hated to have spent all that $$$ and not liked it...
With that being said, I am happy with my Provari. Once I get this 3rd one, I admit that I will be putting a stop to the spending, because now I have enough mods to have a constant rotation, tanks that suit me very well, and a good number of juices that I love.
I like the aesthetic form of the Provari. It slips into a pocket fairly easily, and ergonomically fits my little hand well! I honestly do like buying an American-as-possible made product, and I also like simplicity. I will probably not get into coil building, I currently prefer the pop-and-go Nautilus and Triton coils, because I want to just vape and not spend extra time building a coil (though I do appreciate the tinkering aspect of creating something). If I am ever in the mood to blow a big ol' cloud I do have one sub ohm tank for that, though it's not really my everyday thing.
Provaris aren't for everyone, and that's why we have such an awesome selection of quality mods and tanks to play with. I would never knock someone down for the choice of mod or tank they use; I am just glad to see ex-smokers using vaping to facilitate their choice to get off of cigarettes, I am glad to see people picking up vaping for the first time instead of picking up a cigarette for the first time... Vaping is the future, and I am so glad to be a part of that.
Vape on!
What ProVari's do you have?

Reactions: AstroTurf

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I've been around these parts a while now... Long enough to remember the days of variable voltage just hitting the market.

I remember the eGo spinner being THE device to have... LoL

When the ProVari hit the market, it was clearly above ad beyond what every other manufacturer was doing at the time. There were other VV devices, but none of them could touch the build quality or accuracy of the ProVari.

Then VW hit the market and Evolv started making a name for themselves. And for the first year or two after VW went mainstream, ProVape continued to stick with the tried and true ProVari logic of Variable voltage only, no need for VW. And we were all happy cause the atomizers being released at the time were still coming with coils in the 1.5-2 Ohm range, which worked great on a device that could fire at 6V.

It wasn't until the Kanger SubTank was released that I ever felt the need to use any device other than a ProVari.

Over the years I had an original V1 model ProVari that I had upgraded to the V2 board, a Mini 2.5, a standard 2.5, and I also got a P3. All are fantastic to this day. I still have them! And yes, they all still work.

To discredit these devices as anything other than stellar is pretty ridiculous. ProVape set the mark by which every other company followed for a long time.

Their current product line may not be for you, and that's completely fair. Maybe you don't use devices that can't hit above 20W anymore. To be honest, neither do I... But the fact is, there are a LOT of people that DO still use devices that are less than 20W! And that is the bread and butter target market for ProVape.

I anxiously await news from ProVape that they are developing a new mod that can push sub ohm coils at extreme power levels because their build quality is legendary... That said, they've never been one to cater to the enthusiast market.

So perhaps it's not so much ProVape that needs to change as it is you have just outgrown their product offering. Sometimes extreme performance isn't everything, and rock solid reliability and build quality is what you're after... That's where ProVape continues to be a market leader.

If you had a lot of ProVape devices break, you are certainly the exception rather than the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread