Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Yep and just like many of um, they probably won't deliver on their promises and the people who pre-ordered off undeserved hype will end up paying the price.

I'm vaguely familiar with the company, sorry, replace "seemingly unknown", "not well known", honestly they're probably as well known for the video of them getting served back in the day as they are for their products.

Here's an example of why things like this bother me so much:
smok is a massive, established company, they claim the M80 will do TC, yet after multiple versions and 7ish firmware updates it's still unable to do the same thing cheap no-name DNA40 clones are able to do. It has no actual temp-control whatsoever, but you can still log onto SMOKS site and check out the fancy graphic explaining (re: lying) that the mod has TC. No retractions, no explanations, just more people buying a product that doesn't have a properly functioning TC, and possibly being scared away from TC without even knowing its true function/benefits.

I'm completely neutral regarding iJoy, but i'm pretty out-spoken when i see manufacturers making grandiose claims, and reviewing iJoy's most recent product catalog i don't see anything that screams 'bleeding edge innovation'.

Nothing personal against you obv, i'm just insanely skeptical, heck maybe it'll be best mod ever, and if so, i will happily eat crow.:vapor:
Bro I am with you. I been around vaping 5 years now. Maybe I'm just used to this. Too many well known companies fail, and several nobodies have changed the industry.

I'm just saying they said it, let em prove it.if not I'll be trashing them along with you.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
I have the much trouble trusting in who's sell me something in bad words. :lol:

It does seem odd that none of these Chinese companies utilize an English speaking marketing consultant. It would cost at most $500 to have someone rewrite one of these spec sheets. It's such a crucial part of sales to brand and market your products well. Many of these companies make great products but their marketing screams "cheap Chinese crap".

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
+1
A lot of people are throwing the towel in on temperature control without ever knowing what it is because so many are claiming it without providing it. Right now it feels like everything is faulty. They (manufacturers) don't explain how they manage power so I can figure out if it matches my vaping style and then tc feels like a gimmick. More trouble than it's worth. Add that to auto firing, charging explosions, melted battery sleds and it casts a bad shadow over the entire vaping industry. I know I'm back to looking for quality and warrenties with devices again.

Yep and just like many of um, they probably won't deliver on their promises and the people who pre-ordered off undeserved hype will end up paying the price.

I'm vaguely familiar with the company, sorry, replace "seemingly unknown", "not well known", honestly they're probably as well known for the video of them getting served back in the day as they are for their products.

Here's an example of why things like this bother me so much:
SMOK is a massive, established company, they claim the M80 will do TC, yet after multiple versions and 7ish firmware updates it's still unable to do the same thing cheap no-name DNA40 clones are able to do. It has no actual temp-control whatsoever, but you can still log onto SMOKS site and check out the fancy graphic explaining (re: lying) that the mod has TC. No retractions, no explanations, just more people buying a product that doesn't have a properly functioning TC, and possibly being scared away from TC without even knowing its true function/benefits.

I'm completely neutral regarding iJoy, but i'm pretty out-spoken when i see manufacturers making grandiose claims, and reviewing iJoy's most recent product catalog i don't see anything that screams 'bleeding edge innovation'.

Nothing personal against you obv, i'm just insanely skeptical, heck maybe it'll be best mod ever, and if so, i will happily eat crow.:vapor:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Somehow I am afraid it is just marketing tool. Why did they put "temperature control" in quotation marks?

Asolo, the ONLY mod can “temperature control” ALL tanks, all wire material

Their on-screen "thermometer" does not show real temperature.
Some programming quirks?

Because
1: we don't really need to precisely control the temperature, we just need the temperature to not get TOO HOT.
2: how HOT is too hot? Do we need the temperature to not rise by 10 degrees too high? How about 50 degrees? Wouldn't that be usefull?

puddinman

Jun 6, 2015
You have to operate in wattage mode first and get the vape to where you like it. Then you switch to TC mode and I'd bet all it's doing is calculating a power pulse based on how long you fired it and then using that pulse to keep the coil at about that level. It obviously isn't reading the actual temperature.

Not a bad way to implement it.

Reactions: pbxbelmar

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Seems to me with this All Atomizers claim/Hint, they may be actually reading changes in current flow +/- at the 510 connection.

We will see what the retail market has to say. I am personally already committed t other purchases.
I expect you are correct, get you coil up to temp and then set it and that is the maximum set current. Since the Kanthal has a positive temperature coefficient if the current drops it means the temperature of the coil has risen so it shuts down the current because a hotter coil indicates a dry wick.

the next evolution of this will have a microprocessor figuring out the maximum current for any connected atty with juice in it and then shutting down if the current goes above the learned maximum. Just vape for 5 seconds with a wet wick and it sets the max current level until it detects that you have changed the atty and then it does it again for the new atty. A simple bit of coding.

Loose connections in the 510 or coil connections will also shut down the current output.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I'd better test it on other vapers, not me. I am not in a mood to buy another mod for a long while anyway (1/2 year? 1 year?). Temperature coefficient of kanthal is so small... Temperature control is interesting, but no subohming for me, so waiting on field test results of how it works with kanthal. I am not a believer yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread