Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
I think true temp control, the way it's done now using existing attys, with Kanthal will never be a reality. Just too much electrical noise in the environment to ever make it possible in a practical device.

Why does anyone really care? Nickel and Ti work just fine. The aluminum oxide formed on Kanthal can't be so much more healthy that the wire makes a huge difference. Don't heat it to a temp too near melting and should be fine.

Reactions: Maverik_X

Maverik_X

Apr 30, 2015
Utah
plus.google.com
I think true temp control, the way it's done now using existing attys, with Kanthal will never be a reality. Just too much electrical noise in the environment to ever make it possible in a practical device.

Why does anyone really care? Nickel and Ti work just fine. The aluminum oxide formed on Kanthal can't be so much more healthy that the wire makes a huge difference. Don't heat it to a temp too near melting and should be fine.
I know innokin has that new one that will work with only their tanks designed for the device.
Personally I don't mind nickel or titanium, kinda hated nickel at first was a ..... to get right but over time it's become fairly easy. I even have tried the tempered stuff and its really not needed for 28g or 26g that wire is thick enough to hold its shape better.
You may be right about the noise but the Asolo is able to detect when I quit pulling on the topper. I know grace says its using other ways of detecting changes with coil will have to wait for Daniel to tear it apart to see it's internals and how it does on the scope.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I can say, after a few days with the Asolo, taste control is a real thing. There IS regulation going on like you would see in any TC device on ni or ti.
You can watch while hitting on it, if you stop drawing, power drops down, start drawing again, power ramps back up.
It has limitations, like you need to use spaced coils, and dry hit prevention doesn't work properly with dual coil builds on the unit I'm testing, but the darned thing does work, I've.been amazed.
:)

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread