Aspire Nautilus Coils: BVC vs BDC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark1963

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2014
Minnesota
well, I've been in love with my Aerotank Mega but I have 3 Nautilus tanks that were in retirement due to the coils I had not working. I ordered a 5 back of the BVC and hope they revive my Nautilus tanks

That sounds like me. My Nautilus was sitting in my vape cabinet collecting dust. I had a 5-pack of the old coils. I gave up after 3 burned out. The new coils are a definite improvement.

DarkfireAnn

Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Planet Earth
The 3 nautty's 5ml's we put BVC 1.8ohm coils in still taste as good as day 1. We pump about 5ml's of juice through each every 2 days.

The hubby thinks the things are using less power. I think he's vaping less but he isn't charging his ego's every day anymore more like every other day so who knows maybe that is possible. He's vaping at 12 watts on a vv v3 exclusively.

The only flooding I got was when I was laying down without using a knuckle bone drip tip. Using the stock drip tip I was holding it wrong and I might as well have taken a drink out of the juice bottle yum...not.

The aerotank hasn't fallen apart again yet but still is no where near the fantastic flavor of the new BVC coils.

McDude

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2010
Oregon
Though I'd chime in with all this talk about the Nautilus. I personally have three of them (different flavors) and recently just scored a fourth that I'm going to use with the metal tank for outdoors. They are by far the best "stock setup" that I've ever used. I've had no problems with the standard BDC coils - in fact I get about 3 weeks out of a head on average and I go through a lot of juice. The only problem I had honestly was with my second kit flooding and leaking a bit. Turned out it was just a bad head which the vendor replaced at no charge. I have some BVC coils on order though just to see what all the fuss is about. Oh head's up, I my fourth setup I got from here: http://www.rockbottomvapes.com/product-p/aspire_nautilus.htm

Last edited:

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
Belle Rive, Illinois, United States
I'd givin up on the nautilus due to dry hits and wicking improperly. I tried the bvc coil and let me tell ya it's a huge difference in flavor and vape experience it's what I expected outta the nautilus to begin with:p

Didn't know Aspire bvc were ceramic coils

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I got tired of buying coils for my Kanger Aerotank Mega and my Aspire Nautilus, so I ordered a Kayfun and I've been thoroughly satisfied. I picked up some of the new BVC heads for the Nautilus and installed one last night. Flavor is great and it sounds like a good carto should if you hold it to your ear and press the fire button. It's a nice cracking sound that equates to good vapes.

They didn't have the newest Kanger heads for the Mega. I got a pack of V2 heads that the owner has been vaping with great results, but haven't tried them yet. Kayfun is hard to put down! Kanger has a V3 head out that is supposed to be equal to the new Aspire head. Those are getting good reviews if you can find them.

Carry a pocket magnifier to the store if you want to prove that you are getting Nautilus BVC coils. BVC is laser etched on the side of the coil barrel. It's worth checking. My B&M store sells them singly in zip lock bags in the original Aspire foil bubble pack, so there's no box to verify.

Last edited:

maraud

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
I'd givin up on the nautilus due to dry hits and wicking improperly.

I just find that really surprising. I literally have 5 tanks in "production" and I've never had an issue with dry hits and I use an 80% VG juice. Off the shelf wise this is the #1 for me. #2 being the original aspire BDC line (main problem is tight draw can make for hot hits) and my trust PT II. I tried the PT3, and Aero and really was less impressed with their vapor production than the PT 2.

I wonder if this is "early adopter" kind of stuff. Meaning I have found a definite difference in the Nautilus coils I get now from those available at launch.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I just find that really surprising. I literally have 5 tanks in "production" and I've never had an issue with dry hits and I use an 80% VG juice. Off the shelf wise this is the #1 for me. #2 being the original aspire BDC line (main problem is tight draw can make for hot hits) and my trust PT II. I tried the PT3, and Aero and really was less impressed with their vapor production than the PT 2.

I wonder if this is "early adopter" kind of stuff. Meaning I have found a definite difference in the Nautilus coils I get now from those available at launch.

Nautilus and Kanger both went through early failure problems back in April-May-June. There's hundreds of posts on ECF describing similar problems. Change a coil and it's dead in a day with low vapor and burnt taste and failing solder joints on where the non-resistive legs meet the coil. The telltale is that resistance rises gradually over a day or two and some fail open when the solder joint weakens and one leg loses contact. That problem affects both Kanger and Aspire. I wonder if they were both getting their hybrid wires from the same vendor.

The new Aerotank and Nautilus coils are said to be the working fine.

Last edited:

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Anyone here have one of the Mini Kayfun clones? I generally like the Nautilus Mini and its BVC, still going strong after a few days of vaping, but it's a bit big for my iTaste v3. The Mini Nautilus is a bit power hungry for the iTaste as well, at least when I have it set at the higher voltages that the BVC performs best at. Even at its best, though I like it, I wouldn't say it is amazing - other than how long the head is lasting. I've become interesting in re-wicking some of my other clearomizer heads to do dry burns and make them last longer. That's one step closer to going the RBA route, so I'm wondering if I should?

Mark1963

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2014
Minnesota
I guess I spoke too soon. The BVC coils are good when the tank isn't flooded.

I'm having the same problems in the last day or so as I did with the old coils; tank always floods and I'm always having to turn it on its side and blow to clear the coils out. Let it sit to prime and still flooded. Junk. The coils are still good compared to the old style though. No dry hits.

Back to the drawer this thing goes. Seriously, I haven't had 1/10th the trouble with Kanger tanks. The Giant takes a while to prime, but once it does, it's great.

I have the new Joyetech Delta and have had NO troubles whatsoever with it. That's my go-to tank now.

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
I guess I spoke too soon. The BVC coils are good when the tank isn't flooded.

I'm having the same problems in the last day or so as I did with the old coils; tank always floods and I'm always having to turn it on its side and blow to clear the coils out. Let it sit to prime and still flooded. Junk. The coils are still good compared to the old style though. No dry hits.

Back to the drawer this thing goes. Seriously, I haven't had 1/10th the trouble with Kanger tanks. The Giant takes a while to prime, but once it does, it's great.

I have the new Joyetech Delta and have had NO troubles whatsoever with it. That's my go-to tank now.
You sure you got good coils not crap copies? I have not had a single flooding issue with the bvc vaping at 5.5v on my ProVari

Mark1963

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2014
Minnesota
You sure you got good coils not crap copies? I have not had a single flooding issue with the bvc vaping at 5.5v on my ProVari

Nope, they're legit. I even checked them on Aspire's site.

The coils aren't burning out like the old ones did. It just takes a day and a life before ya can vape off of it.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
MissBlue, no, sorry, I don't believe the Nautilus BVC heads will fit in the Davide, but I could be wrong. I know that some Mini Davides can take either Kanger or Aspire bottom coil heads, but only those Aspire BDC heads that would fit in older model Aspire clearomizers (like the ET and ET-S models, etc.). Those heads are not interchangeable with the BDC (or BVC) head used in the Nautilus. However, if you are talking about maybe a larger model Davide (this Anyvape Davide tank, perhaps?) that happens to be able to take the Nautilus BDC head - yeah, that might work. Keep in mind, there are two different fit Aspire BDC heads, those for the older model Aspires, and those for the Nautilus models. They are kind of close in size (and moderately similar looking), but not the same. The Nautilus ones (BDC or BVC) are bigger, so they probably would not fit on a Davide (of any sort I know of), especially if it is the type that can also take "regular" Kanger heads (in addition to older style & type Aspire BDC heads).

Last edited:

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I would also like to see more clearomizer tank models that fit the Nautilus Mini BVC head. I think we will eventually see that, or competing versions, but it may take a little while - assuming this newer Nautilus head is successful. The form factor of the Nautilus and Nautilus Mini don't really work for me, not on an iTaste v3. I need something a little slimmer and better suited to an average eGo type battery, for on-the-go vaping. So far, I'm liking the Kanger EVOD (BSC), T2 (TSC) and the Innokin iClear 16 (TDC). The iClear 16 is fast becoming my favorite, though it isn't terribly beautiful and it only holds about 1.6ml of juice (in a high juice burning DC design at that!). Plus, I do have occasionally flooding and minor leak issues with it, but I've only just started trying them out. I will probably learn to use them a bit better with time. The iClears, EVODs and T2s are actually pretty cheap and readily available. I just prefer the iClear 16 and the T2 because they are easy to check the fluid levels on, and are both quick, easy to use top fill designs. The iClear 16 and the EVOD both provide good vapor and flavor delivery, though not as good as either of the bigger Nautilus tanks with a BVC head. The Nautilus BVC head clearly lasts a lot longer, which is a big economic plus in its favor. Despite that, I still don't use the Nautilus Mini much, even at home, just because of the form factor issue.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
There's an ebay seller taking pre-orders for Aspire BVC heads that will be direct replacements for the BDC's that are used in all of the non-nautilus Aspires and the BDC Davides. He says they'll be shipping at the end of this month. I searched here and googled and couldn't find any other information.
I hope he's right these could be a plus for those of us that like the Aspire line of devices....

Coppercustomz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2012
NC Coast
www.numbejuice.com
Lots of people like the Aerotank and Aerotank Mini, and they use fairly cheap and easy to find replacement heads, so you may still end up liking it, and may even want to hold off on a BVC until you've tried the Aerotank. That being said, I don't have an Aerotank, but was previously considering the Aerotank Mini if my other options didn't turn out well. Reviews on the Aerotanks are mixed, but a few people don't like the Nautilus Mini either, so it sometimes just comes down to personal taste in these things. Please let us know how you like your Aerotank when you get it. I'm sure we'd be interested in a direct comparison if you end up getting a Nautilus with BVC as well.
Love the aerotank used those all the time BUT it does have its downsides, priming on & off all the time, occasional gurgling..BUT great flavor & the coils usually last me a week with a 50/50 blend...NOW the BVC coils have no downside imo & the flavor & vapor are pretty amazing!! So my aerotanks are not gonna get any love for a long time to come:D Aspire also sales a stainless steel T sleeve that replaces the old top & glass, looks 100% better...

Last edited:

MissBlue

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2014
Lansdowne, PA, USA
However, if you are talking about maybe a larger model Davide that happens to be able to take the Nautilus BDC head - yeah, that might work.
Thanks billybc ... i already have the Anyvape Davide tank, the regular size, not the mini - and it DOES take the Aspire BDC coils. I have some for it , they just suck, LOL. Since the new BVC ones are supposed to be better will get some for this tank, IF they will fit it. :D

Sounds like jjcordone has the pertinent info ... you got a link for that by any chance, jjcordone? I can go look around on ebay of course, would be easier with the link though. :D

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
Thanks billybc ... i already have the Anyvape Davide tank, the regular size, not the mini - and it DOES take the Aspire BDC coils. I have some for it , they just suck, LOL. Since the new BVC ones are supposed to be better will get some for this tank, IF they will fit it. :D

Sounds like jjcordone has the pertinent info ... you got a link for that by any chance, jjcordone? I can go look around on ebay of course, would be easier with the link though. :D
I see no reason why if the bdc coils fit why the bvc wouldn't the only thing they changed was the inside the housing and threading are the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread