Status
Not open for further replies.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
when I told my regular supplier about the BVC aspire coil holes ( the ones with bigger holes tended to flood) she told me those were the old style Aspire has changed the holes to smaller ones so they don't flood and some for other tanks have a size change

Please let us know which supplier said that --- as this is certainly not what we've been hearing to date.

I've been using Nauti coils for over a year starting with BDC's and then to BVC's and they have always had small holes until the last month or so. If these large hole versions are now being called the old style, I guess I'll have to call the originals the ancient style. :)

Plus, as I understand it, there are 2 large hole versions.....and without being dismantled, one can not tell the difference. :facepalm: That label in the box MIGHT be a clue as to which one --- but which one? :laugh:

Last edited:
My experience is similar to Daniel. The new larger hole coils simply don't last as long for me. I tried 2 with the exact same result -- beautiful for a day or two and then flooding and all sorts of messes, that the fixes only helped very briefly. I'll try again later, but I'd also love Aspire to offer both the old style as well as the new style coils.

Aspire got me to like "clearo tanks" with their first version -- and, until now, each improvement has been super for me. But, alas, not this one or the sub ohm style.
10icheo_zps1e076015.gif

Yep, i'm hoping Aspire offers the smaller hole coils in the future for those of us that have issues with the larger ones.

rocketman29

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2014
Melbourne, FL
Plus, as I understand it, there are 2 large hole versions.....and without being dismantled, one can not tell the difference. :facepalm: That label in the box MIGHT be a clue as to which one --- but which one? :laugh:

I am waiting for the stock to clear of the reported larger hole old wicking material coils so I can get the new new ones and see how they work for me.

In the mean time I just bought a GS Air to see how it works in case I have no luck with the new BVCs. Read the GS Air thread, pulled the trigger, am vaping on the coil that came with it and lo and behold in that thread someone posts that the coils have changed and the new one is causing issues.

I bust out the two 5 packs of GS Air coils that came with my tank and 7 are the old style, 3 are new.

IMG_20150322_195450.jpg IMG_20150322_195640.jpg IMG_20150322_200254.jpg

I can't win.

1. Company comes out with good tank and coil combo.
2. Everyone raves about it and they sell a lot of them.
3. Company changes coil, issues ensue.

Why do they have to mess with a good thing?

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Just so you know -- I've been doing fine with the "new" GS Air coils. I see no difference in performance between the replacement coils I bought weeks ago and the one that came installed with the little topper. One person having a problem does not make a situation.

BTW, I have had a bad coil within a box. It is, unfortunately, sometimes common.

So it seems like I'm having the worst issues with these new coils. I replaced an old coil with the new ones and went to sleep, woke up the next morning with an empty tank and a puddle on my table. I replaced it again with the same issue. I'm using a 50/50 juice as of last time I tried replacing one of the coils.

Is anyone else having this much of an issue?

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
So it seems like I'm having the worst issues with these new coils. I replaced an old coil with the new ones and went to sleep, woke up the next morning with an empty tank and a puddle on my table. I replaced it again with the same issue. I'm using a 50/50 juice as of last time I tried replacing one of the coils.

Is anyone else having this much of an issue?

I've read about someone else having the same problem. To make sure I didn't have the same thing happen, the first night I stored my pv upside down (took the drip tip off), on a paper towel, the next night I closed off the airholes. Both ways worked for me. I didn't wait for the problem, so don't know if it actually did anything.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
Anyone try this yet? He's using a seal from another coil to stop leaking. Not sure which coils these are- new or old ones...

Well I guess I'll give it another shot and see if it was just a bad couple coils. Maybe I bought the coils during a transition period of some kind and they were just screwed up.
Hopefully this time will go better, I've been using the same coils for a month or two now.

You also need to watch the video and do as he says with the o-ring. I haven't had nearly the problems I was having, since doing it. :)

Hmmmm..... that's interesting.
I just woke up, left my tank on my battery with a new coil in it and had no leaks overnight. Tank is still full, chimney is clear, the vape is good.
If it starts leaking or a different coil or tank develops this problem I will definitely give this fix a shot.

Thanks for all the info, it has been very helpful. On the upside, in my frustration I went and bought a couple Kanger Subtank Minis and an iStick 50W. Couldn't be happier with that setup, so if I need to use this fix I'll have 2 good sets. Thanks again.

killatoyota4569

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2014
United States
well I am having bad issues with these coils. I got my from my freedom smokes. they have bigger holes and all the right stuff on the coil. but they r only la sting a day or two. then I get that really nasty burnt taste. usually a coil will last me 2 weeks mb sometimes more. I'm using provari v2 on 4.1.1volts.

anyone else have these issues?

and where can I get the new coils with cotton and that card that comes in the package??

uusually my coils r 10.99 for a 5 pack.

any advice will be helpful as I'm ready to move on with this tank Cuz aspire seems to be going down hill and there cs sucks ....

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    well I am having bad issues with these coils. I got my from my freedom smokes. they have bigger holes and all the right stuff on the coil. but they r only la sting a day or two. then I get that really nasty burnt taste. usually a coil will last me 2 weeks mb sometimes more. I'm using provari v2 on 4.1.1volts.

anyone else have these issues?

and where can I get the new coils with cotton and that card that comes in the package??

uusually my coils r 10.99 for a 5 pack.

any advice will be helpful as I'm ready to move on with this tank Cuz aspire seems to be going down hill and there cs sucks ....

Evape.us has the new coils for $9.95. I have them and have had no issues with them.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    Illinois
    I had a breakthrough with these gurgly coils. Seems the o-ring trick doesn't fix that. Closing the airhole, when filling, doesn't seem to do anything either.

What I did today is....

1. fill as usual - I did keep the air hole closed and kept the o-ring on

2. screw on the base

3. turn it right side up - probably have to clean out the drip tip end 1st

4. open up the air hole

5. attach to pv

6. puff :vapor: gurgle :mad:

7. turn pv, with atty attached, upside down

8. press the fire button and blow easily through the driptip making the vapor go through the air hole - I did this a couple of times until it
    didn't sound so wet

9. turn the pv right side up and vape :vapor: vape :vapor: vape :vapor: away happily :) (til the next time you have to fill)

You will have to do this every time you fill it, but so far, so good. And boy, when this thing is working, it is the best vape I've had!

Reactions: HitShane

killatoyota4569

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 2, 2014
    United States
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread