Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I found the following quote in a review on 405 vapors' website. I was wondering if you have, or are planning to, make any changes to the Hippo's design to make it more user friendly?
Posted by Jonathan Carcopo on 17th Jan 2013

It works, & makes anything you put on the provari look great, but it is a bit fiddly. You will need to take it apart. Secure the piece to the Provari tightly (pliers may be necessary to tighten it down enough to make proper contact with the 510 connector)

You may need to adjust the + pin on your device if it doesnt make contact properly. This will not be an issues with a genesis atty with an adjustable + pin (AC9) or a spring loaded one like a ZAU, but if your atty has recessed or near recessed + Pin in the 510 connector then you may have firing problems because of this lack of adjustability inherent in the Hippo's design.

A revised version of the Hippo is probably a good idea. One that supports an adjustable + Pin in the 510 connection & the proper tolerance of the mating piece to the provari would make this a slam dunk product.

I still give it 4 stars, primarily because 405 Vaperz helped me sort this out and we got it working. I recommend them highly and would do business with them again in the future. Besides that, the thing looks boss with a Hippo, Gemini and a Twins installed on my Blue Mini Provari and AC9.
This is not a criticism of your product, and I'm sure I can get mine working fine when it comes, I was just curious.

billakosgr

Resting in peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2011
Athens,Greece
Yeah my friend i have read that review about it but in this moment we did not plan to make any changes regarding the pole to be adjustable.we have it in our mind but because of preparing some new creations this does not left us time for any change.

The most important thing is to first screw tight the adaptor to be stable on the provari and after the cap so after fitting your
atomizer or anything else to have the adjusting flow by turning left or right the cap which goes updise down.

Also we put in every hippo one more spare o-ring if that on the adapter cut off.

billakosgr

Resting in peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2011
Athens,Greece
New batch of Twins and Gemini is available....

Also a newest drip tip called ''Tapas'' will be ready in some days.....

ATMPART-pipe_item_1.jpg

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I just wanted to let you know that I received everything today. I'm at a loss for words, the fit and finish on everything is beautiful. I only have one issue and that would be that the Gemini Drip Tip does not work on the AGA or the AGA plus, the bottom of the tip touches the screw of the positive post. I don't consider it much of a downside as I plan to upgrade to something better next week. Again, I am surprised at how nice everything looks on the ProVari. It almost makes it look like a Hybrid. :D
I followed your instructions from the beginning of the thread and installed the Hippo with zero issues. The Twins also installed easily. Thanks.

EDIT: I rewicked the AGA-T Plus and removed one of the nuts, the Gemini now fits. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread