Attack of the (Kayfun V5) Clones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edi

Sep 5, 2015
since i dropped that coil in the airflow tube, no juice going near the air slots. almost a perfect vape. would be better with a solid piece like the original mtl kit, but im not paying 10$ for a drilled out screw. eventually i will find something solid that fits..

what the next kayfun should have is something like the digiflavor siren has. a couple little adaptors that you can screw on the airflow tube. or svoemesto will surprise us with a fully adjustable (built in) airflow. i i were in one of these companys i would be working on that..

Mary Lynn Z

Dec 6, 2016
I am hoping someone can help with this. I got my no name, $14.99 clone from 3fvape on Wednesday. It looks way better than I expected and I had no problem putting in a coil and it seems to be wicking just fine - The problem is the air flow. I have it all the way open and it is about like my Serpent Mini if the air flow was cut to maybe 10% (eg 90% closed).

If I was a MTL'r, I might be happy. But I'm more of a restricted DL'r.

Can anyone tell me how their K5 clone compares to the other tanks they have? Or perhaps has anyone else gotten one of the no name clones and had similar issues?
Thanks.

Reactions: Kenna

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I am hoping someone can help with this. I got my no name, $14.99 clone from 3fvape on Wednesday. It looks way better than I expected and I had no problem putting in a coil and it seems to be wicking just fine - The problem is the air flow. I have it all the way open and it is about like my Serpent Mini if the air flow was cut to maybe 10% (eg 90% closed).

Can anyone tell me how their K5 clone compares to the other tanks they have? Or perhaps has anyone else gotten one of the no name clones and had similar issues?
Thanks.
I use mine on either 3 or 4 setting. I DL. I get better flavor on 3, tho. Both of those are slightly restricted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Thanks.
Some clones have the dots miplaced. 4 is tight and 2 is loose. Try all four settings and see if one is loose enough. You don't even have to fire, just draw.

Mary Lynn Z

Dec 6, 2016
Some clones have the dots miplaced. 4 is tight and 2 is loose. Try all four settings and see if one is loose enough. You don't even have to fire, just draw.
I've taken it apart 3 times and reassembled with the 4 dots opposite the two largest air holes. After reassembling the largest opening is definitely the largest opening. I have also tried to see if anything is obstructing the openings and have not found anything that has improved the air flow. Darn I should have taken pictures.

Mary Lynn Z

Dec 6, 2016
Coil size matters. I originally used 3mm ID coils but switching to 2.5mm ID coils increased air flow.
I thought that was it for sure. I had a 3mm build with plenty of cotton, so I just put a 2.5 in and used Fiber Freak cellulose (a little less bulky) for wicking.
Poop. It might be a little better but not much. How high do you have your coil set above the air channel? Here is my rebuild:
20170101_195839_resized_1.jpg

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I thought that was it for sure. I had a 3mm build with plenty of cotton, so I just put a 2.5 in and used Fiber Freak cellulose (a little less bulky) for wicking.
Poop. It might be a little better but not much. How high do you have your coil set above the air channel? Here is my rebuild: View attachment 625549
That looks good. You may be using too much wick. As with any Kayfun, less is more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bigbob2322

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Poop. It might be a little better but not much. How high do you have your coil set above the air channel? Here is my rebuild: View attachment 625549
My coil is about that high. I use rayon. it's tight in the coil but doesn't fill the juice hole area. I leave one hole (nearest the side slot) open and it works very well.

I got 3 tobecos and wicking for me is hit or miss. I never flood. But I certainly am a custom to dry hit city.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
I have 4 tobecos in rotation along with a SXK and AngelCigs and they all work great using the method above. Too much rayon (cotton) and I got dry hits. I'm also using 90% VG juice.

Mary Lynn Z

Dec 6, 2016
My coil is about that high. I use rayon. it's tight in the coil but doesn't fill the juice hole area. I leave one hole (nearest the side slot) open and it works very well.

I have 4 tobecos in rotation along with a SXK and AngelCigs and they all work great using the method above. Too much rayon (cotton) and I got dry hits. I'm also using 90% VG juice.
Wow! 4 Tobecos and an SXK. I actually ordered an SJMY before I received this one, thinking this supper cheap version might not be any good, but it won't be here for a couple of weeks. This clone looks really good and I am currently using it MTL with no leaks or dry hits.

Once the SJMY gets hear I will have something to compare it to and I will update when I get the new one. I should also mention that I am very new to building so there certainly could be something wrong with the way I am doing this.

I appreciate everyone's help with this.

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Don't be shy Mary.Show us your wick!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread