Authentic Merlin MTL from Augvape

Status
Not open for further replies.

rifky

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2014
Indonesia
I think nowaday the MTL rta is start to shine again. Share your tough about Merlin MTL. I think with 22mm and 4 airplug slot varian I definitely say: Yesssss
Screenshot_2017-10-05-07-09-55~2.png

Reactions: Katya

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    To me it looks like they designed it as a DL tank, and then as a afterthought, they said, hey let's throw some air plugs in it and call it a MTL tank, don't even include a MTL coil, but provide a coil for DL :nah:

Good to see more MTL tanks, but really don't think this started being designed for that and a lot better options out there, just IMO :)

• Agree
    Reactions: dsheik

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    To me it looks like they designed it as a DL tank, and then as a afterthought, they said, hey let's throw some air plugs in it and call it a MTL tank, don't even include a MTL coil, but provide a coil for DL :nah:

Good to see more MTL tanks, but really don't think this started being designed for that and a lot better options out there, just IMO :)

That's not all that different than the original Merlin. An air reducer was used to get a "loose" mtl, which could be removed for more of a restricted lung tank. Depending on the reducer chosen you have more options over the v1 which had only one reducer available.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Well I just bought the available 1.5 mm airhole screw for the standard Merlin V1 so I don't see any advantage of this version. And with no JFC it's even worse. The JFC of the standard Merlin is simple and effective. Only downside is the press fit base.

I didn't realize they had another air reducer for it. Always nice to have different options, and this range of multipliers seemed like the one improvement.

Walee

ECF Veteran
    Oct 6, 2017
    Just got one in the mail, so here are first impressions.

Could not find a build that would work as traditional MTL at low wattages e.g. 5 to 15W. That's a large vapor chamber and it takes forever for the thing to heat up. Ramp up time is huge at low wattage.

Played around with different orifices and side air adjustments and never really got a decent MTL experience.

Settled for a restricted DTL with the largest orifice and side air flow about 50% open.

Wicked lightly, to the point of having a little juice being pushed out during filling, I got great flavor. Settled for a .25Ω build of 2x26+36SS parallel fused clapton.

Enjoying the atty for what it is. Closest comparison I have is the Serpent SMM.

rifky

ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2014
    Indonesia

Could not find a build that would work as traditional MTL at low wattages e.g. 5 to 15W. That's a large vapor chamber and it takes forever for the thing to heat up. Ramp up time is huge at low wattage.

Played around with different orifices and side air adjustments and never really got a decent MTL experience.

Settled for a restricted DTL with the largest orifice and side air flow about 50% open.

Wicked lightly, to the point of having a little juice being pushed out during filling, I got great flavor. Settled for a .25Ω build of 2x26+36SS parallel fused clapton.

Enjoying the atty for what it is. Closest comparison I have is the Serpent SMM.
    Thank you for your information. Its really helping people decide their choice. This is what I like in this forum. Helping each other sharing information. Thx Sir!!

Kusie

ECF Veteran
    Jun 21, 2017
    Germany
    Hi,
    just to make sure things don´t get mixed up: you´re talking about the standard Merlin RTA or the new Merlin MTL RTA? I suppose the normal one. Unfortunately this only comes with the 2,4 mm reduction screw, which is in fact too airy for MTL, you have to get the additional 1,5 mm screw that only SOME variations of the Merlin package seems to have included:

005-Augvape-Merlin-Mini.jpg

I run this with a 1,8 ohm Kanthal coil and that 1,5 mm screw (bought for 2 Euros) as a very nice MTL tank with only 12 watts and LOTS of vape. Much more vape than the Berserker for example...
    K.

• Informative
    Reactions: stols001

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I just saw this one in an email from 3f this morning. They are doing a giveaway. I have been waiting for a long time for this new one to come out. I loved the flavor that I got from the original but had seeping issues on all four of the originals that I bought. I went ahead and ordered one and am excited to try it. I don't plan on using it for mtl. I prefer a restricted dtl.

MMW

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    I just saw this one in an email from 3f this morning. They are doing a giveaway. I have been waiting for a long time for this new one to come out. I loved the flavor that I got from the original but had seeping issues on all four of the originals that I bought. I went ahead and ordered one and am excited to try it. I don't plan on using it for mtl. I prefer a restricted dtl.
    Did you get it from eciggity?
    Looking forward to your thoughts sir.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Did you get it from eciggity?
    Looking forward to your thoughts sir.

No, I went ahead and ordered one from 3f. I may regret it after waiting a week or two. It was only 20.99. How much is it at eciggity?

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread