Not open for further replies.

Prism

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wisconsin
I would not have told myself anything (who listens to anyone my age in high school anyways). I had to do the stupid things I did and live the experiences to be who I am now. My last high school years were not easy going to school, being married with a baby, but I made it through and I wouldn't change a thing because it all brought me to where I am and I have the greatest family and friends in the world that it took those exact circumstances, experiences, and people to produce.

Dragunlady

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
United States
I would tell myself not to worry that dad moved us while I was in 7th grade and couldn't graduate in the 8th grade with my friends, not to worry that dad moved us in the middle of my high school year and I couldn't graduate with my friends again.

I would tell myself to snap out of it, speak up, meet people, they don't usually bite, don't be so shy!

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA
There's a very good chance that the people you interact with or run into everyday of your life, will have more issues and inner demons than you ever will. So don't let things like self esteem, second thoughts, and "what ifs" hold you back. Many have the same concerns, thoughts, ideas, and desires, that you do. They're just waiting for someone to take the lead.

Last edited:

Darkwitless

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2010
KY
Thanks for the contest!

what would I tell myself?

I'd tell myself to live in the moment. Plan for the future, but live and enjoy today. Time really does have wings and flies by so quickly.

Take a co-oping job in college for at least one term. Waiting tables may have been good money, but the job experience would have been a better option.

Save more for rainy days because when it rains, it really does pour!

And never buy something on credit you can't pay for when the bill comes.

And never finance a car for more than 4 years. Even at 0% interest. lol (got lucky on that one, but still one of the stupidest things I've ever done)

Crystalownsyou

Aug 13, 2012
Leitchfield, KY
If I could go back and tell myself 1 thing I would tell myself to lighten up and not take everything so serious. I was a very intense kid back in high school took a lot of things to heart and spent a lot of time alone because of bullies. I just wish I hadn't wasted so many years alone and just learned to not sweat the small stuff and enjoy it while it lasted! I missed out on so many different experiences and friends!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread