Not open for further replies.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
To each his own.

For me they lasted about 2-3 days in both the Baby & Big Baby. Primed, waited, you name it. I had nothing but issues with them.

The Gnome tank I have had worked very well with it's coils. Still have the first set in it and used heavily for a little over a week. We can disagree, and I'd gladly see others have better experience. I won't be using them again.

Reactions: Letitia

jfcooley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
I realize that the typed words don't convey a sarcastic tone very well.

Now I realise what I say will be taken literally. In the future I'll be sure to avoid not only conveying my personal opinion about a product but I will also avoid sarcasm.

Hope this will clear up any future misunderstandings.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
If she's also making wardrobe suggestions and telling you how she likes your hair to be styled, run.

I had a girlfriend like that once and thankfully she's driving somebody else BSC now.

In the alternative, you could switch to Chantix and show her what the word "crazy" really means.

I vape where I would have smoked and I don't show off. That ought to be enough for anyone who appreciates the fact that I'm saving my own life.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I realize that the typed words don't convey a sarcastic tone very well.

Now I realise what I say will be taken literally. In the future I'll be sure to avoid not only conveying my personal opinion about a product but I will also avoid sarcasm.

Hope this will clear up any future misunderstandings.

Don't let OlderNDirt bother you. He is so old his sense of humor has already preceded him to the afterlife. :D
As for me I speak sarcasm fluently and totally got your meaning

PS. I hope OlderNDirt doesn't take the above personally it was all in jest and in the name of humor.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think the dude might have fled in terror?? From either ECF or his GF or both? LOL. I hope not, dear poster. Really, maybe your GF just needs some education. I for one, am waiting to hear how it turns out.... Good luck!

Older than Dirt has a nice, dry wit most of the time. I think he's just tired of smok hate, and I'm not sure I blame him. He does rightfully point out that there are TONS of satisfied smok users.

I will say, I think I had an aspire product early on (can't remember, it was during dual use blur days) that was just dreadful and I love their products now, so I think it's safe to say that every company puts out vapes that suck, or have QC issues, I mean we are talking electronics and.... freaking turning LIQUID into nicotinized VAPOR, I mean, that's kind of crazy unbelievable all in and of itself, we should cut our suppliers a break (I'll be happy to take a break from any supplier, too, LOL).

Anna

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Older than Dirt has a nice, dry wit most of the time. I think he's just tired of smok hate, and I'm not sure I blame him. He does rightfully point out that there are TONS of satisfied smok users.

I know, I was just kidding. While I have not used any SMOK mods, I have used SMOK toppers close to exclusively from their ARO's to the TFV4 series, and I have an TF-RTA + G1 deck on the way. I have used a few other things but I really like the SMOK tops and tanks so far.

jfcooley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
I have a Baby & Big Baby. Neither I use any longer. I did end up liking the BB with the RBA for times I needed a tank. I just refuse to sink another dime in any authentic (or clone) coil for either.

The first MOD I purchased was a SMOK qBox and it lasted a week. Every other brand I've owned has proven reliable.

Of course, I could have killed all those coils and MOD myself...

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I have a Baby & Big Baby. Neither I use any longer. I did end up liking the BB with the RBA for times I needed a tank. I just refuse to sink another dime in any authentic (or clone) coil for either.

The first MOD I purchased was a SMOK qBox and it lasted a week. Every other brand I've owned has proven reliable.

Of course, I could have killed all those coils and MOD myself...

Oh I never use "store bought" coils or heads I use the RBA heads. Even with the ARO's I rebuilt those coils myself using a 1/16in Kanthal micro coil and cotton yarn. I will not be beholden to a company for a constant cost for replaceable parts. Other than buying a new setup every 2 years my vaping costs have been pushed to near zero.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Cotton yarn?

Yes I was using Peaches and Creme cotton yarn (white) from Wal-Mart. I would boil a few ft of it at a time to remove "sizing". Then after it dried I would take 1 end, cut it to a point and roll a drop or 2 of Elmer's glue on it and let that dry. It made a nice easy to thread needle point with like 6 ft of yarn. Then once I made my coils I would just push the hardened needle end though the coil and draw it all the way through to the other end and just cut off what I needed. Leaving the needle end still on the main length of the yarn. This made wicking a new coil stupidly simple and fast.

Edit: I should say this only works for 1/16th in or 1.5 mm diameter coils.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Just to be clear, most people that know me know I have a great sense of humor. I'll even poke fun at myself if I think it will bring a smile to somebody else's face (see the Winter is coming thread). BTW, thanks Anna! I and my wife have even learned to laugh at my difficulties and frustrations dealing with essential tremors. But she knows not to serve peas for supper!

I even went back and re-read cooley's first post I quoted and sorry, I don't catch the sarcasm. Then again, there are a lot of U-tube posts that people proclaim as hilarious, but I don't see it. What I did see is an op from a new vaper of 3 days who presumably started with a Smok tank reading that his coils will/may only last 1 or 2 hits. Just not sure op will find that encouraging.

jfcooley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
You singled it out to nit pick what is clearly sarcastic. Wether you perceived the humor or not isn't my issue, the "disagree" and taking it as my own gospel on SMOK coils actually rubbed me the wrong way, but I attempted to explain it and let bygones be bygones.

The follow up was more of the same. Making it appear as if I'm just bashing and that I should just keep my opinion (apparently if negative) to myself. I usually have my thick internet skin on, but I honestly found it condescending and insulting. Shame on me.

If the OP feels I was trolling in the first comment, than I sincerely apologise.

You'll get more than a day out of the coils.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I even went back and re-read cooley's first post I quoted and sorry, I don't catch the sarcasm. Then again, there are a lot of U-tube posts that people proclaim as hilarious, but I don't see it. What I did see is an op from a new vaper of 3 days who presumably started with a Smok tank reading that his coils will/may only last 1 or 2 hits. Just not sure op will find that encouraging.

There are many different types of humor. Personally I like ironic funny and sarcastic funny, but I can't stand stupid funny (which seems to be the prevailing kind of humor in today's entertainment). As a result I love shows like 2 Broke Girls and Last Man Standing, but hate shows like Modern Family, Family Guy, etc. Not everyone gets sarcasm though it's not just you. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Yes I was using Peaches and Creme cotton yarn (white) from Wal-Mart. I would boil a few ft of it at a time to remove "sizing". Then after it dried I would take 1 end, cut it to a point and roll a drop or 2 of Elmer's glue on it and let that dry. It made a nice easy to thread needle point with like 6 ft of yarn. Then once I made my coils I would just push the hardened needle end though the coil and draw it all the way through to the other end and just cut off what I needed. Leaving the needle end still on the main length of the yarn. This made wicking a new coil stupidly simple and fast.

Edit: I should say this only works for 1/16th in or 1.5 mm diameter coils.
Oh, snap!

I never rebuilt the Aro coils because I broke the tanks before I used the stock coils I had. But I did rebuild and wick a jarful of Protank coils. I never used the glue trick and I think that's sheer genius.

Sadly, no one ever solved the leaking problem the DCT had. That thing would leak even when surrounded by a whole roll of duct tape. I still don't know why I ever thought something called a "carto-tank" sounded like a good idea.

I'm a fan of the Smok Baby RBA. It outperforms any of the stock coils I've used. And I've never had a dry hit on a properly primed Baby Beast coil. I've had one leak (more like a weep) through the wicking and into the air chamber.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Sadly, no one ever solved the leaking problem the DCT had. That thing would leak even when surrounded by a whole roll of duct tape. I still don't know why I ever thought something called a "carto-tank" sounded like a good idea.
Sounds like my early experience with carto-tanks. It turns out that the first carto-tank that I ever got had 3 pre-punched holes in the carto. That's right, 3! And, with me being a high PG vaper, it did not go well!

But, 3 holes is not the norm. So, all ended well eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread