Not open for further replies.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Yes I did! 30ml Valhalla and 60ml Soulshine, thank you very much. I forgot to thank you due to being disposed because of health issues for a bit. Back up and running now, and thanks for reminding me about it!

Good to hear ! I just wanted to make sure you got it. I hope the health issues have cleared up.

This thread has become like a hospital ward. Everybody get better you hear!!

Bionic knees, ultra sonic energy, backs as strong as tree trunks and crystal clear lungs all round !

Last edited:

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
@I'mnotZak and @chanelvaps , best of luck on your surgeries! You'll do great.

@EKat thank you for the reminder on West Coast Chino! That has been on my wish list for some time now. I need to get on that.

Friends, I know this topic has been discussed before, but what's the deal with flying and your vape gear? I'm flying next week and haven't done so since I've started vaping. Thanks!

I will explain it all if you come to Australia ;)

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL
A few weeks ago, I posted about Philippine Mango ejuice from Vape Chemist and how much I love it. I still love the Philippine Mango, but I have a new Vape Chemist favorite, Mango Pound Cake (MPC). It's a mixture of their Philippine Mango juice with pound cake and it is exquisite!! It comes in a 60 VG/40 PG ratio. It is very natural-tasting and full of flavor.

I got my first 30 ml. bottle a little over a week ago, and ordered a 120 ml bottle right away. That's how good this stuff is. If you want to give it a try, it's on sale right now at eliquid.com and shipping is always free at eliquid.com. If you love it and want a larger bottle however, I'd go to vapechemist.com, because it's cheaper when you buy a large bottle, and with the large bottles, they offer free shipping. They also threw it a 50% discount on a 30 ml of their Strawberry Pound Cake as well.

If anyone wants to try the Mango Pound Cake, Vapecentric carries it and they're running a 25% off sale right now. Mango Pound Cake - M.P.C. | Vape Chemist | 30ml (Special Buy)

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Thank you so much everyone :) @chanelvaps I know you have flown a lot lately which is why I came here to ask.

By the way, I've never set off an alarm vaping in a plane toilet even when blowing the vapor right at the alarm sensor. I use ego batteries and high Nic liquid for flights. The trick is to either Vape at low wattage (no sub ohming as the heat from the vapor might set off the alarms) or vape stealth. That is, hold the vapor in your lungs and let it dissipated for a few seconds before exhaling.

bobhalford

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
NYC
I just got a bunch of juices from Centerfold Vape...pretty pretty pretty good! Not sure if they will get better with steeping, but I'll let em sit for a bit to find out.

My next Cloudride order will probably be for Figtastic and Share-A-Moya, the latter having improved quite a bit after sitting for a while. I didn't taste the cookie as much, but now the juice is amazing.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
@jrenae4 — The tank I use is known not to leak. I did however put it through a test earlier this year. To be safe I put the tank upside down in a pill bottle and then into the seat back pocket. It did not leak. You need to keep the juice level below the AF holes when it is upside down. I’m trying to remember but I think if it is going to leak
it is on the ascend but I just keep it in the seat back pocket the entire flight.

If you have a checked bag, do not put your batteries inside. If you want to put your mod though it is OK as long as you remove your batteries. All batteries should be in your carry on bag and placed inside plastic battery cases or sleeves. Ejuice can go inside your checked bag with no quantity limit. If they go in your checked bag you are limited to the TSA requirements for carrying any type of liquids. They all need to fit inside a one quart zip lock baggie.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
If anyone wants to try the Mango Pound Cake, Vapecentric carries it and they're running a 25% off sale right now. Mango Pound Cake - M.P.C. | Vape Chemist | 30ml (Special Buy)

Now that's a good deal!
I just got a bunch of juices from Centerfold Vape...pretty pretty pretty good! Not sure if they will get better with steeping, but I'll let em sit for a bit to find out.

My next Cloudride order will probably be for Figtastic and Share-A-Moya, the latter having improved quite a bit after sitting for a while. I didn't taste the cookie as much, but now the juice is amazing.

Their Apple Hooka is my favorite, if you want to pick up that one too!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Please see the most recent Vapor News & Views newsletter by clicking the link below. It's published by Americans for Tax Reform. This issue has a map of the U.S. with a color code illustrating the states and counties where anti-vaping taxes are in place or where legislation is pending. There's also an update on Ron Johnson, the new Secretary of Health & Human Services, Tom Price, and other stories of interest to vaping advocates.

Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email

I apologize for posting a link that doesn't work. Please see the newsletter below.

Volume 2 | December 6, 2016

Vapor News and Views

News and views on vapor tax and regulatory issues from across the United States. The best way to stay up to date with what's happening in Washington and in your state capitol.

Friends,

As we approach 2017, a few things are on our radar. The first remains assessing the strategy for modernizing the predicate date and reforming the Food and Drug Administration. Until personnel changes occur at the FDA and the timeframe for discussions on the 2017 budget are concrete, a lot remains up in the air.

Next, we're bracing for three major threats at the state and local level: Taxes, Tobacco 21, and Flavor Bans. In this News and Views, I've provided a map of which states considered and already do tax vapor products. Is your state next? Time will tell...

But read on! We've got continued leadership from Senator Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) and an announcement on the next Secretary of Health and Human Services, which oversees the FDA.

--
Paul Blair
State Affairs Manager
Americans for Tax Reform

Which States Tax Vapor Products?

In 2013, one state taxed vapor products at a rate of 75%. Today, five sates impose excise taxes on the products, with two more scheduled to take effect in 2017.

Those states include Minnesota, North Carolina, Louisiana, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania.
States with excise taxes scheduled to take effect in 2017 include Kansas and California.

15 states considered but failed to enact excise taxes on vapor products.

Click here to view a larger map that shows which states considered excise taxes this year and at what rate. And feel free to share!

Fun Fact: Minnesota is the only state with an excise tax imposed without a vote by the people or the legislature. A decision by the state Department of Revenue on October 22, 2012 expanded the definition of tobacco products to include vapor products.

California becomes the second state to impose a tax without legislative approval next year due to voter passage of Proposition 56. There is a long history and precedent on the mechanism for taxing other tobacco products in California, but the state is entering new waters with a new type of "tobacco" that is actually produced in the state. We'll explore Proposition 56 in a future News and Views.

Congressman Tom Price Nominated as HHS Secretary

This past week, President-elect Trump announced the selection of Georgia Congressman Tom Price as his pick for Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS). Price, an orthopedic surgeon was one of the first authors of legislation that would have replaced the Affordable Care Act/Obamacare with a more market-oriented solution. He also serves as the Chairman of the House Budget Committee and is a member of the powerful Ways and Means Committee.

As a Congressman, Price responded to a request to co-sponsor House Resolution 2058 by saying, "Fortunately, there are several alternatives out on the market to help those seeking a reprieve from cigarette smoking. It is vital that we continue to research and promote useful alternatives to help preserve the health of our nation."

It's not much, but it's not bad for now.

It's important to note that the head of the Food and Drug Administration doesn't directly report to the HHS Secretary, but there is a dotted line of oversight and authority, for what it's worth. While the relationship requires no top-down direction or guidance, it's likely the two will have a working and positive relationship.

It'll be some time before we hear more about who may head the FDA.

Senator Ron Johnson Doubles Down

In the last News and Views, I predicted that from Senator Ron Johnson we'd see "another follow-up letter to the FDA coming out very soon, this time with a focus on the outcome of the election and the message it should have sent to federal bureaucrats." I don't like to brag, but I was right...

Last week, Senator Ron Johnson released a letter he sent to the FDA in his capacity as Chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee. In the letter Johnson noted, "On November 8, the American people voiced their disapproval of the type of government that ignore the input of small businesses owners, consumers, and job creators." Election reference: check.

He continued, "In light of the significant economic costs on the e-cigarette industry and the substantial likelihood that the incoming administration and the 115th Congress will unwind this burdensome regulation, I call on the FDA to cease its implementation of the current regulation over e-cigarettes."Message to bureaucrats and possible action in the next Congress: check.

It's clear that Senator Ron Johnson isn't letting his foot off the pedal and one can hope that his colleagues are paying attention. A predicate date change is only possible with a broader consensus in the House and Senate. Don't expect much movement on the issue until the Spring though.

Hodgepodge to Sum It Up!

An emerging American embrace of reduced harm tobacco products that use nicotine? The Truth Initiative just released a new paper entitled "Re-thinking nicotine and its effects," which you can find here.

Some of the top lines include the acknowledgement that nicotine is not known to cause cancer and that it actually has some positive effects on cognitive processes. The paper recommends the use of the FDA-approved Modified Risk Tobacco Products (MRTPs) to help smokers switch to less harmful alternatives. Progress.

Our friends over at Citizens Against Government Waste have a piece up at the Washington Examiner that's worth a read, here: "Tobacco harm-reduction: Big league health care savings."

And check out this coverage of Vape a Vet's effort to highlight the negative effects of the deeming regulation on America's veterans.

Have suggestions on topics we should discuss in the future? Shoot me an email at pblair@atr.org.

If you think this email was brief but informative please do forward to friends or colleagues who might be interested in Vapor News and Views!

Paul Blair | Americans for Tax Reform | 202-785-0266 | pblair@atr.org | www.atr.org

STAY CONNECTED

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL
Now that's a good deal!

You know I love a good deal! :thumb: I actually just ordered myself some! Oh, and some juices for the momma for Christmas. I am really bad at this Christmas shopping thing. I just placed 3 different orders for gifties, and all three contained things for myself :rolleyes:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Good old NY -- 95% tax.

I am not against reasonable taxes on vaping such as whatever the local tax rate is for electronics and something similar for liquid. But trying to a) recoup all revenues lost on cigarette taxes and b) trying to kill an industry that is saving lives is ridiculous!

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
@tazzle— I have finally had a chance to try Mr. Meringue. I find the lemon to be just about perfect for my taste being not too sweet with just an ever so slight tartness to it. However since I am getting the lemon on the inhale followed by the ever so exquisite slightly toasted meringue it balances out nicely with a good aftertaste. It is a very smooth eliquid and not harsh at all. Now the question is which vendor produced flavor do I prefer — Dinner Lady or Mr. Meringue? I need to vape them side-by-side however my preliminary thoughts, subject to change, is that I prefer Mr. Meringue over Dinner Lady not including the DiY version I had a sample of.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Glad to see you posting, @chanelvaps . Wishing you a speedy recovery!
And good luck to @I'mnotZak with his surgery today.
Better days are ahead for you both!
get-well-soon-message-22981805.jpg

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
... I have a new Vape Chemist favorite, Mango Pound Cake (MPC). It's a mixture of their Philippine Mango juice with pound cake and it is exquisite!! It comes in a 60 VG/40 PG ratio. It is very natural-tasting and full of flavor

omg, that sounds amazing. I want. I even found a place in the UK that maybe carries it (Moonvapez), but it's out of stock. I've emailed them to see if they plan to restock. If not, I might have to seek out a DIY on this! *drool*

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Glad to see you posting, @chanelvaps . Wishing you a speedy recovery!
And good luck to @I'mnotZak with his surgery today.
Better days are ahead for you both!
Thanks Nanny. Wasted and bored. Forgot how lovely the opiates can make you feel.
Swore off of them years ago whwn I noticex the epidemic of addicts around me. My back is such that I am prescribed them often but do not even fill the script. I had to allow them now because 3 houes on my back on the operating table did me in. Not to memtion the knee.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Big congrats DEBBIE!

Thanks, @Poeia ! I had no idea that I would successfully quit smoking simply by using e-cigarettes (my first vape was using a KRAVE IT re-chargeable kit that I ordered online), so I wish I had done it sooner, but I guess I needed the right catalyst to push me there and being immobile (although drastic) was just the 'push' that I needed.

I was a Marlboro Lights Menthol smoker and their menthol (not the greatest by any means) satisfied me. Back then, I liked them, but there's probably no way I'd go back to their menthol today! :lol: I tried my first cappuccino flavor disposable from them, too, and oddly enough, I cannot replicate the nirvana I tasted with any cappuccino flavor liquid to this day. Granted, my taste buds are much better now, but the taste to me then was absolutely drool worthy... I was hooked! :hubba:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread