Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Oh, no! Been there, done that (almost)... I tore my ACL and both meniscus (one was repairable). They used part of my hamstring tendon to reconstruct an ACL and my knee/hamstring has never been the same since. :( As there was no way I was going to be able to get up/down my stairs to smoke outside, I had my 1st vape (cig-a-like) the day of my surgery and haven't gone back to analogs since then... It's been 4 years TODAY (to be exact)! :thumbs:

Do everything the doctors and physical therapists tell you. It will be a long road to recovery, but maybe yours will be a bit easier with a 'bionic' knee, as opposed to my battered old 'real' knee.

Best of luck, @chanelvaps !!! :nun:
Happy 4 years, @DebbieNY ! Very inspiring!
5403db4303eed9d1c1d71998d6285d6a.jpg

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ! ! !

I suppose your story falls into the "every cloud has a silver lining" category.

Thanks, @Poeia ! I had no idea that I would successfully quit smoking simply by using e-cigarettes (my first vape was using a KRAVE IT re-chargeable kit that I ordered online), so I wish I had done it sooner, but I guess I needed the right catalyst to push me there and being immobile (although drastic) was just the 'push' that I needed.

I was a Marlboro Lights Menthol smoker and their menthol (not the greatest by any means) satisfied me. Back then, I liked them, but there's probably no way I'd go back to their menthol today! :lol: I tried my first cappuccino flavor disposable from them, too, and oddly enough, I cannot replicate the nirvana I tasted with any cappuccino flavor liquid to this day. Granted, my taste buds are much better now, but the taste to me then was absolutely drool worthy... I was hooked! :hubba:

Last edited:

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
:lol: It was a moderator that deleted my post along with several other people’s post for the same reason — vendor bashing. I am really a nice person most of the time however I was so annoyed at what was happening that I couldn’t stop my fingers and it just appeared but then disappeared.

Oh I see.

Well we won't need any vendor bashing this time. I will deal with any vendor exploitation before it becomes an issue and we won't all need to feel frustration about it :)

In the meantime if anyone becomes aware of a vendor soliciting votes, including sending emails to their subscriber list about voting, please let me know :)

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I'm thinking Mini means the people with that little moderator sticky under their names. Some comments were deleted with the reason: "knock it off". (can't remember if they were Mini's)

I wasn't privileged enough to see what was said, just the aftermath.

Hey Skeebo did you end up getting my Stash order a few months ago? It consisted of a bottle of Valhalla and a bottle of that butterscotch one.

jrenae4

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
ES, MD
@I'mnotZak and @chanelvaps , best of luck on your surgeries! You'll do great.

@EKat thank you for the reminder on West Coast Chino! That has been on my wish list for some time now. I need to get on that.

Friends, I know this topic has been discussed before, but what's the deal with flying and your vape gear? I'm flying next week and haven't done so since I've started vaping. Thanks!

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
Friends, I know this topic has been discussed before, but what's the deal with flying and your vape gear? I'm flying next week and haven't done so since I've started vaping. Thanks!

Aww come on now Jenna, call the Airport you flying out of. :D

Last edited:

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Hey Skeebo did you end up getting my Stash order a few months ago? It consisted of a bottle of Valhalla and a bottle of that butterscotch one.

Yes I did! 30ml Valhalla and 60ml Soulshine, thank you very much. I forgot to thank you due to being disposed because of health issues for a bit. Back up and running now, and thanks for reminding me about it!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Surgery Tuesday folks. Whole new knee. I am so scared I am not eating or sleeping.

Best wishes for a very successful outcome that will put a new spring in your step!!

I've had some serious knee issues as well, and will have to have knee replacement at some point too. I'll say a prayer for you!!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Haven't posted in a while but I have found a fantastic company, vapewell supply! They have some pretty tasty juices, I haven't had a bad juice from them yet. Right now I have tanks loaded up of the double barrel "oak" which is a hazelnut ry4. A tank of "baebac" which is a strawberry tobacco and it is amazing not a candy strawberry but a actual strawberry. And a juice called summer 16 it's a strawberry limeade. If your looking for a great 1 stop shop check them out at vapewellsupply.com

Glad to hear you found a vendor you like. I haven't tried the ones you mentioned, but I am a big fan of their Tao, which is taro and coconut. I've had my eye on their Mangolito, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet because it doesn't come in 12 mg. nic. Hopefully I'll be able to reduce my nic level in the future and then, I'll give the Mangolito a shot.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Sue, warm, best wishes and positive thoughts and energy sent your way! As you know, my back surgery is on Wednesday and I share in your current feelings. Thus, I am awake and posting this message at 1:13am on a "school night." Very soon, we both will be all shiny and new!

Good luck to you too, not Zak! I'll send a prayer up on your behalf as well.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia

@EKat thank you for the reminder on West Coast Chino! That has been on my wish list for some time now. I need to get on that.

I flew a lot in August and Sept. Everything is supposed to be in carry on.
All gear and tanks on carry on. Tanks in clear bag, they can count as your liquids you are allowed (like mini shampoo's etc.) I used a baggie and had 3 tanks, full (that leaked) I also had one 30ml in this baggie.
Another baggie (gallon size) with mods, batteries removed and in a plastic battery box.
They pulled my stuff out each time, looked at it and waved me through.
I did stash bottles of liquid in my checked baggage but I hear you are not supposed to.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts

And, to add to what others have posted: if you vape with tanks, they will leak [though not lose all their juice] as the air pressure changes during the flight, so if you want to carry a tank with juice in a plastic baggie, carry some separate paper towels to clean it up on arrival; never vape in the plane's toilets, as it can set off the alarm; but if you are so inclined, do carry a low cloud set up and in the airport restroom do an inhale, hold it as long as you can, slow exhale to hide the cloud--worked for me.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Please see the most recent Vapor News & Views newsletter by clicking the link below. It's published by Americans for Tax Reform. This issue has a map of the U.S. with a color code illustrating the states and counties where anti-vaping taxes are in place or where legislation is pending. There's also an update on Ron Johnson, the new Secretary of Health & Human Services, Tom Price, and other stories of interest to vaping advocates.

Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
A few weeks ago, I posted about Philippine Mango ejuice from Vape Chemist and how much I love it. I still love the Philippine Mango, but I have a new Vape Chemist favorite, Mango Pound Cake (MPC). It's a mixture of their Philippine Mango juice with pound cake and it is exquisite!! It comes in a 60 VG/40 PG ratio. It is very natural-tasting and full of flavor.

I got my first 30 ml. bottle a little over a week ago, and ordered a 120 ml bottle right away. That's how good this stuff is. If you want to give it a try, it's on sale right now at eliquid.com and shipping is always free at eliquid.com. If you love it and want a larger bottle however, I'd go to vapechemist.com, because it's cheaper when you buy a large bottle, and with the large bottles, they offer free shipping. They also threw it a 50% discount on a 30 ml of their Strawberry Pound Cake as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread