Biggest pet peeves

Discussion in 'ECF Vaping Singles' started by DemonCowboy, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DemonCowboy

DemonCowboy Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Redd suggested posts that will help us get to know 1 another and it's always great to know what sets ppl off.

I'm a very ethical person, I can't stand liars, thieves, and have a special loathing for people abusive to women or kids.

I find people who don't listen irritating and it really puts me on edge.
    I also don't like being told what to do, I'm not a slave and a little politeness goes a long way.

well yeah that makes me a jerk...lol

what are your pet peeves?

2. maureengill

maureengill Moved On ECF Veteran

People being impolite....is it really that hard to excuse yourself when you burp????

I'm also going to add...bad customer service to the list. It agitates me that the customer is always right has moved to who gives a crap...as long as they keep paying the bill.

3. Redd

Redd Super Member ECF Veteran

Being that I work in the mobility industry, it gets me in the heart every time I see someone parked in a handicap space who shouldn't be. And in addition to that, persons in sporty little cars with the tag, but they take up the stripped space indicated for the deployment of a ramp or lift.

I've talked to many of my customers who park far to the other end of the lot just to attempt to ensure there will be room to deploy the lift or ramp when they get back to their vans. Sad...

4. NCC

NCC Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

When turning onto a highway, driving directly to the far lane. Not safe, illegal in many places, and 90% of drivers do it. So much so, you'd almost think they thought it was the right way to do it. (You're supposed to enter the NEAR lane)

Tailgaters. Dangerous, irritating, and pointless. I am NOT a pokey driver, my right foot is composed of black hole material. But, I can't go faster than the car in front of me, Jacka$$. And, even if I WAS driving too slow, what exactly does threatening me accomplish? (besides getting me to slow down)

Pseudo-courtesy drivers. In slow moving traffic, stopping and encouraging someone on the side to pull out, crossing lanes ... even though they can NOT see what might be coming down the pipe in the fast lane. Dangerous, fake courtesy ... particularly when there's NO traffic directly behind them (happens all the time). Just pull up so the person can SEE and get out safely.

Weaving through traffic. Who knows how many accidents happen every day due to this stupidity. It ain't no video game kiddies, there's no re-do, no reset.

Well, I'd better leave this at just my driving pet peeves, LOL. Don't want to seem too .....y. I'm a safe driver. Dangerous drivers irk me. Maybe I should've just left it at that, huh?

5. firhill

firhill Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Anyone ....

• Arrogant
    • Ignorant
    • who's a know-it-all
    • that won't admit wrong/say sorry
    • snobs

In a nutshell...those who think their .... don't stink

6. FlyerTom

FlyerTom Senior Member ECF Veteran

7. whiskey

whiskey Moved On

I agree with Firhill's...nothing worse.....Oh and Dc too

8. NCC

9. DemonCowboy

yeah, i don't see that happening even though i've personally given up on that thread myself, i don't see that getting matched by many threads any time soon - perhaps 1 of the games if ppl step up on those but even that's not so likely.

and i gotta ask, whiskey, aren't u happily married or something and basically NOT single/looking? :p:laugh: :lol:

10. Vic l

Vic l Senior Member ECF Veteran

Biggest pet peeve would be people that misrepresent themselves or feel the need to not be themself

11. Redd

I tend to set people off because I AM myself all the time. Of course I keep it professional during the 8 to 5, but I don't cover/hide my tattoos. I simply wear them with pride and conduct myself in the manner the situation requires of me. Never a single complaint, other than stick up their asses corporate yes man-agers.

12. Zelphie

Zelphie Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I dont like those who are to polite or optimistic,.....OK, dial it down sunshine!

13. DemonCowboy

amen, although, i don't want anyone who can't see anything good either though. I'm a depressive, if some1's deflating the few times i'm excited then there's something wrong....lol

14. NCC

Well, this IS a thread about things which people don't like. Not a positive subject, exactly.
    I mean, it's hard to "see anything good" in that which is your pet peeve, LOL.

Or, do I just need another cup of coffee? :p

15. Redd

Have a Margarita instead...keep you cool, and is sooo refreshing.

16. VpnDrgn

VpnDrgn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Uhmm..

People who can not articulate themselves properly and then get mad at you because you can't understand them.

People who ask you a question and then say"naw, that's not right".

Biggest all time pet peeve-
    The double standards in our society when it comes to ethnicity.

17. DemonCowboy

double standards and hypocrisy in general i say, there's just way too much of that in general methinks.

18. Vic l

Vic l Senior Member ECF Veteran

I completely agree

19. Kizmara

Kizmara Full Member

I dislike lairs, people who meddle in your business. Back stabbers. Friendly people with unfriendly motives.
    I dislike people that wont comply with what they say.

And little hairs covering the bathroom sink..... major pet peeve.

20. NCC

There must be a quality to my voice which is to blame. It would appear that whenever I begin to speak, it triggers a powerful, irresistible impulse for any woman in my presence to immediately vocalize something, anything, no matter how trivial. A good 40% of the time this involuntary speaking takes the form of finishing my sentence (quite frequently incorrectly), which is irritating even when their assumption IS correct. The other 60% or so seems, to the best I can determine, random brain farts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.