• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Biggest pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
I'm a very ethical person, I can't stand liars, thieves, and have a special loathing for people abusive to women or kids.

I find people who don't listen irritating and it really puts me on edge.
I also don't like being told what to do, I'm not a slave and a little politeness goes a long way.

I'm with you 100% on the politeness thing (also called common human courtesy), and I think there's a special hell reserved for those who target children, or anyone vulnerable, really.

My particular pet-peeve is closed-minded mouth-breathers. Wow... that's a lot of hyphens for one sentence! lol I have little tolerance for those with no tolerance toward others. I just flat out can't understand it, really. Can't imagine how you could go through life not meeting and getting to know people who've had different experiences, thus different outlook, on things than you have. So any sort of bigotry or hatred targeting a specific 'group' of any variety just makes my blood boil. Another thing that irks the hell out of me is drama-mongers. Seems like there's at least one in any group who just has to stir up trouble, and that person usually irritates the heck outta me. Lastly, people who have no sense of personal accountability. Its not ALWAYS someone else's fault. ;)

Last edited:

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
*lol* @ ORachel. The Drama Queens, ever notice how it's usually the ones who say they hate drama (but in fact create most of it)?

I pride myself on being an equal opportunity bigot. Everyone is an idiot till they prove me different. Besides if being an ...... was indicative of a group of people they would have been killed off as civilization was starting to grow.

For the most part (outside of OUTSIDE) actually seem to be a friendly bunch of folks around....

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
There must be a quality to my voice which is to blame. It would appear that whenever I begin to speak, it triggers a powerful, irresistible impulse for any woman in my presence to immediately vocalize something, anything, no matter how trivial. A good 40% of the time this involuntary speaking takes the form of finishing my sentence (quite frequently incorrectly), which is irritating even when their assumption IS correct. The other 60% or so seems, to the best I can determine, random brain farts.

Oh, you aren't married. If you were you would know :)

P.S. The exact reason why I am NOT married :)

Timothy Moore

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2011
N Las Vegas, NV
My biggest pet peeves are lying and selfishness. The lying because I try not to judge and am very forgiving, so there isnt a reason to lie. The selfishness because I often watch certain people's selfishness hurt those that I care about. But I dont consider either one unforgivable.

Now are far as things that are like nails on chalkboard to me, but arent technically bad, are when people pronounce it eXpecially. I just want to scream ESSSSSSSpecially. Its not that im high brow when it comes to "proper pronunciation." Its just that word in particular.

Wondering now if I should have shared all that. :unsure::unsure:

Last edited:

Wolf308

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
NC
www.into-the-fog.com
I work in retail, so believe me, there isn't enough room on this forum to discuss impolite, rude, etc. LOL!

My major pet peeves:
1. Obviously, impoliteness
2. Being talked down to like I'm an idiot. That's a super perfect way to make sure you get onto my bad side... talk to me like I'm stupid.
3. Being issued orders if you aren't signing my paycheck.
4. I ride a bike and also jog, so I throw out there... putting your high beams on at me when you are driving on the other side of the road and coming in my direction. Seriously... it makes me lose control of the bike. I don't ride on major or narrow roads, and usually take roads with a bike lane, but have been known to jump a curb to get out of a car's way. If you have two lanes to chose from, your car shouldn't be in the bike lane. And please don't jump the curb with me (had this happen three times this past year alone!). I know some bike riders are idiots, I do my best to not be one of them. Don't be one of those idiots in a car, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread