Brand compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodsKidBrother

Dec 6, 2015
I have a few questions about brand compatibility.

1) Will Apollo Extreme cartomizers work with Blu Plus, Green Smoke, Fin, 21st Century Smoke, Seminole, Vuse, Mark Ten or any other brand's batteries?

2) Will Victory cartomizers work with Fin batteries? They're sold in the clearance section on Fin's website.

3) Is there an up to date compatibility chart of the major e-cig brands anywhere?

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Only up to '13. Most people now use at least an ego battery. Good luck!

E-cigarette battery threads
    This entry was posted on October 3, 2013 by admin.

Ecigarette Thread Adapters
    adapters-300x300.jpg

The Most Typical Threads
    E-cigarette battery threads - The list below contains some of the most popular brands of electronic cigarettes and the model types they are compatible with. The most important aspect of compatibility is the connection between the atomizer/cartomizer and the battery. Each of the following types refer to a particular design of that screw-on attachment.

The vast majority of electronic cigarettes on the market now have either 510 or KR808D-1 threads, but are marketed as a brand name with no reference to the standardized connection. Sticking with one of these two makes it very easy to interchange parts and upgrade batteries or accessories. It is probably a good idea to steer clear of any electronic cigarette that does not use one of those standards.

• Threads on battery are female, threads on atomizer/cartomizer are male.
    • Most eGo/Riva/VGo models have 510 threads, but with outer threads for a cone or larger cartomizer.
    • Also compatible with 306 models.

KR808D-1/E-8
    (often shortened to KR8 or 808)

• Threads on battery are male, threads on atomizer/cartomizer are female.

E-Cigarette Standards
    We are occasionally asked whether our products (batteries, atomizers, cartridges, cartomizers, etc.) will work with another brand of e-cigarette. After all, who wants to spend their hard-earned money on an e-cig product only to discover after it arrives that it doesn’t fit the product you already have. Sure, most reputable e-cig web sites will allow you to return an unused product and will return the money you paid for it. But, it’s still a pain to package it up and ship it back hoping the people you bought it from will actually process a credit to your visa card like they promised, bummer! And, even after you’ve taken care of the return, you have to order something from another web site hoping that it will work better than the first one did. Let’s look into this dilemma and see what we can do for you.

The first part of the problem is that there are no openly published standards specifications for the various e-cig products. Another part of the problem is that there are about twenty different Chinese manufacturers of e-cigs and it appears that there is very little communication between them. Add to this, the fact that there are a number of different form factors of e-cigs, including (but not limited to) pen style, mini, super mini, full size, cigar, cigarillo, and e-pipe. The most important factor for interoperability, however, is the thread design for the connection between the battery and the atomizer/cartomizer. Most e-cigarettes conform to one of six connection thread specifications. However, just to keep the confusion level up, there are multiple designations of each of these thread specs.

The Basic Six The six most common connection thread types are 401, 510, 801 (Penstyle), 901, 4081, and E9. So, what is the difference between these? There are three characteristics that determine each of these types: Barrel size (diameter of the threads), thread pitch (the spacing of the threads), and gender of the battery connection (male if the battery screws into the atomizer and female if the atomizer screws into the battery). Here is a table showing these characteristics of the six thread specs.

Thread Spec Barrel Size Thread Pitch Battery Gender Other Names by Which The Standard Is Called
    401 7 mm .5 mm male 402, 403
    510 7 mm .5 mm female KR808-A, KR808-B, L88B
    801 9 mm .75 mm male Penstyle, BE112, DSE801, E11, Joye302, Joye304, KR108, M201, RN112
    901 8 mm .75 mm male DSE901, DSE508, DSE568, KR808-D, KR808-D1, RN4075
    4081 8 mm .75 mm female DSE103, RN4081
    E9 7.5 mm .75 mm male KR808-D2, V0

Product Compatibility

Now, even with all this information, you may still not know what to buy because you don’t know what thread spec the e-cig in your hand conforms to. So, to help you out, here is a list (admittedly incomplete) of e-cigarette products and the thread spec they conform to. Please note: we have not tested the compatibility of all these products. This information is provided based on empirical data and may not be completely accurate.

401: Onlyecig–Smoore

510: blu, eGo, ECI–Storm, ECI–Vapor King, Joye–510, Joye–306, Janty–Dura, LeCig–Boss, Luci, Wicked–Titan, Wicked–Tornado, Modern Vapor–Sidesho, T-Rex, Titan–510, Vapor Kings–eGo, Vapor Kings–eGo-T, Vapor Kings–Joye 510, Volcano–Inferno, Volcano–Magma, Yeti

801: Bogey–Classic, Janty–Kissbox, Njoy–Ncig, Rivo

901: Bedford-Slims, Cig2o, ePuffer, Halo, LeCig–D1, LeCig–PigCig, Premium, Smokeless Image-Volt, SmokeTi, V2-Cigarette, Vapor4Life, Vapor Kings–Mini DSE901, Westflame-Hydro, White Cloud

4081: Apolo Standard, Cloud9, Logic, Njoy–Pro, SafeCig, Smoke51–Trio, SmokeTech, Smoke Stik, Smoking Everywhere-Gold

E9: Bloog, E-Cigs–E-9, ePuffer-EAZE Magnum, Esmoke–Sensation, Green Smoke, LeCig–Vapriot, Loong-Totem, Red Dragon, Smoke51–Duo, South Beach Smoke, Vapure, V9

This entry was posted in on October 3, 2013 by admin.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    For any mini ecig you are looking into, it's useful to do a google search with the name and the word threading. Searching for "Apollo Extreme threading" led me to multiple sources indicating it is 901/KR808-d1 type threading. There are a number of brands which use that threading, although the 510 threading is more common now and offers more choices. Thread compatibility is what you are looking for. Good luck with your hunt and I hope a little legwork pays off.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    All these brands are the pinnacle of greedy corporate junk selling. They deliberately stay with outdated thread sizes to protect their markets and over-priced nonsense.

(Ouch, that was heavy)...

Now, if you are looking to bulk buy heavily discounted stocks of this hardware, I say that is intelligent and a great tactic. :)

@r77r7r has done a really amazing job of outlining the massive variations.

if you know what you're doing... I think that's great.

What are you planning, I'm intrigued?

GodsKidBrother

Dec 6, 2015
    For any mini ecig you are looking into, it's useful to do a google search with the name and the word threading. Searching for "Apollo Extreme threading" led me to multiple sources indicating it is 901/KR808-d1 type threading. There are a number of brands which use that threading, although the 510 threading is more common now and offers more choices. Thread compatibility is what you are looking for. Good luck with your hunt and I hope a little legwork pays off.
    I've been using Bing for searches, but maybe I should switch to Google. I had trouble finding that info. Thanks.

Reactions: 440BB

GodsKidBrother

Dec 6, 2015
    All these brands are the pinnacle of greedy corporate junk selling. They deliberately stay with outdated thread sizes to protect their markets and over-priced nonsense.

(Ouch, that was heavy)...

Now, if you are looking to bulk buy heavily discounted stocks of this hardware, I say that is intelligent and a great tactic. :)

if you know what you're doing... I think that's great.

What are you planning, I'm intrigued?

You might be disappointed. I was only asking about the Apollo Extreme carts because there are some super cheap ones on their site and I was wondering if I could use them without having to buy new batteries. I already own batteries from several different companies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    You might be disappointed. I was only asking about the Apollo Extreme carts because there are some super cheap ones on their site and I was wondering if I could use them without having to buy new batteries. I already own batteries from several different companies.

Not disappointed at all. Totally sensible.
    Take advantage when you can.

GodsKidBrother

Dec 6, 2015

adapters-300x300.jpg

The Most Typical Threads
    E-cigarette battery threads - The list below contains some of the most popular brands of electronic cigarettes and the model types they are compatible with. The most important aspect of compatibility is the connection between the atomizer/cartomizer and the battery. Each of the following types refer to a particular design of that screw-on attachment.

The vast majority of electronic cigarettes on the market now have either 510 or KR808D-1 threads, but are marketed as a brand name with no reference to the standardized connection. Sticking with one of these two makes it very easy to interchange parts and upgrade batteries or accessories. It is probably a good idea to steer clear of any electronic cigarette that does not use one of those standards.

• Most eGo/Riva/VGo models have 510 threads, but with outer threads for a cone or larger cartomizer.

KR808D-1/E-8

E-Cigarette Standards
    We are occasionally asked whether our products (batteries, atomizers, cartridges, cartomizers, etc.) will work with another brand of e-cigarette. After all, who wants to spend their hard-earned money on an e-cig product only to discover after it arrives that it doesn’t fit the product you already have. Sure, most reputable e-cig web sites will allow you to return an unused product and will return the money you paid for it. But, it’s still a pain to package it up and ship it back hoping the people you bought it from will actually process a credit to your visa card like they promised, bummer! And, even after you’ve taken care of the return, you have to order something from another web site hoping that it will work better than the first one did. Let’s look into this dilemma and see what we can do for you.

The first part of the problem is that there are no openly published standards specifications for the various e-cig products. Another part of the problem is that there are about twenty different Chinese manufacturers of e-cigs and it appears that there is very little communication between them. Add to this, the fact that there are a number of different form factors of e-cigs, including (but not limited to) pen style, mini, super mini, full size, cigar, cigarillo, and e-pipe. The most important factor for interoperability, however, is the thread design for the connection between the battery and the atomizer/cartomizer. Most e-cigarettes conform to one of six connection thread specifications. However, just to keep the confusion level up, there are multiple designations of each of these thread specs.

The Basic Six The six most common connection thread types are 401, 510, 801 (Penstyle), 901, 4081, and E9. So, what is the difference between these? There are three characteristics that determine each of these types: Barrel size (diameter of the threads), thread pitch (the spacing of the threads), and gender of the battery connection (male if the battery screws into the atomizer and female if the atomizer screws into the battery). Here is a table showing these characteristics of the six thread specs.

Thread Spec Barrel Size Thread Pitch Battery Gender Other Names by Which The Standard Is Called
    801 9 mm .75 mm male Penstyle, BE112, DSE801, E11, Joye302, Joye304, KR108, M201, RN112

Product Compatibility

Now, even with all this information, you may still not know what to buy because you don’t know what thread spec the e-cig in your hand conforms to. So, to help you out, here is a list (admittedly incomplete) of e-cigarette products and the thread spec they conform to. Please note: we have not tested the compatibility of all these products. This information is provided based on empirical data and may not be completely accurate.

510: blu, eGo, ECI–Storm, ECI–Vapor King, Joye–510, Joye–306, Janty–Dura, LeCig–Boss, Luci, Wicked–Titan, Wicked–Tornado, Modern Vapor–Sidesho, T-Rex, Titan–510, Vapor Kings–eGo, Vapor Kings–eGo-T, Vapor Kings–Joye 510, Volcano–Inferno, Volcano–Magma, Yeti

901: Bedford-Slims, Cig2o, ePuffer, Halo, LeCig–D1, LeCig–PigCig, Premium, Smokeless Image-Volt, SmokeTi, V2-Cigarette, Vapor4Life, Vapor Kings–Mini DSE901, Westflame-Hydro, White Cloud

4081: Apolo Standard, Cloud9, Logic, Njoy–Pro, SafeCig, Smoke51–Trio, SmokeTech, Smoke Stik, Smoking Everywhere-Gold

E9: Bloog, E-Cigs–E-9, ePuffer-EAZE Magnum, Esmoke–Sensation, Green Smoke, LeCig–Vapriot, Loong-Totem, Red Dragon, Smoke51–Duo, South Beach Smoke, Vapure, V9

Thanks for all the info. I have found a few of these charts, but they're mostly from 2011 or before. It seems like a lot of the vaping companies from 5+ years ago have fallen by the wayside and new ones have popped up. And the older brands that were successful have made major changes to their products in the last couple of years. Some of the companies seem to be using proprietary thread types on their products now. The only major companies who's products I've used that is still using the same threading as 2+ years ago is Green Smoke. I already own soooo many batteries (from various companies) and I was hoping to avoid buying any more.

GodsKidBrother

Dec 6, 2015
    Not disappointed at all. Totally sensible.
    Take advantage when you can.

I'm tempted to just order some of the cheap Apollo Extreme carts and try them with some of the batteries I already own. I don't like the idea of wasting even small amounts of money, though. They only offer free shipping on orders over $30.

Some of the companies had really great Cyber Monday deals, but I was broke at the time and didn't get paid until a couple of days later. I may wait a few weeks and see if any of them break out any more good deals before the end of the year. I have enough Fin, Blu, and NJoy carts to last a couple of weeks, I think, and I have two packs of Green Smoke carts on the way.

GodsKidBrother

Dec 6, 2015

adapters-300x300.jpg

The Most Typical Threads

KR808D-1/E-8

E-Cigarette Standards

Product Compatibility

I've looked at thread adapters a bit, but it seems like they would make the e-cigs look super long. I guess it's almost like a weird vanity issue. Lol. Some of the batteries I have are already pretty long. The Green Smoke designer batteries are already longer than a 100 cigarette, I believe.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    I'm tempted to just order some of the cheap Apollo Extreme carts and try them with some of the batteries I already own. I don't like the idea of wasting even small amounts of money, though. They only offer free shipping on orders over $30.

Some of the companies had really great Cyber Monday deals, but I was broke at the time and didn't get paid until a couple of days later. I may wait a few weeks and see if any of them break out any more good deals before the end of the year. I have enough Fin, Blu, and NJoy carts to last a couple of weeks, I think, and I have two packs of Green Smoke carts on the way.

Good for you. :)

I would say that although I don't approve of any of these companies, if they work for you, they work.

Blu are a truly sickening (tobacco) company. They are supporting the European ban on refillable e-cigs (TPD 2014/40 EU.) whilst aggressively pushing the UK shops for market share. The end game is the removal of all refillable products leaving <90% of retailers (not including independent vape shops) only stocking Blu cartomizers.

I know a great deal about Fin and Victory too from an investors point of view.

Anybody who can vape the necessary amount to keep them smoke free should feel good about their efforts. If you are achieving this without being taken advantage of (financially) then fair play.

I wish you continued luck with your vaping. :)

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes

No Way. Too Early:) I'll cite the source if I can find it, perhaps it can direct OP to what he needs.

Edit: Here we are-http://ecigarettevapeshop.com/blog/e-cigarette-battery-threads/

GodsKidBrother

Dec 6, 2015
    Good for you. :)

I would say that although I don't approve of any of these companies, if they work for you, they work.

Blu are a truly sickening (tobacco) company. They are supporting the European ban on refillable e-cigs (TPD 2014/40 EU.) whilst aggressively pushing the UK shops for market share. The end game is the removal of all refillable products leaving <90% of retailers (not including independent vape shops) only stocking Blu cartomizers.

I know a great deal about Fin and Victory too from an investors point of view.

Anybody who can vape the necessary amount to keep them smoke free should feel good about their efforts. If you are achieving this without being taken advantage of (financially) then fair play.

I wish you continued luck with your vaping. :)

Thanks. I didn't know about Blu's political activities. I have mixed feelings about their products. Their stuff is all sleek and cool-looking. And their tobacco, vanilla, and java jolt (which is being discontinued) flavors are all really good. On the downside, their stuff is expensive and their disposables are kind of disappointing. Also, their rewards program and website gitches can be annoying. I've found that Fin carts will work with the Blu batteries, but Fin isn't doing so well, from what I hear. Do you know if the Victory carts fit on the Fin or Blu batteries?

I've only been smoking about one actual cigarette per week for the last six months. I vape almost non-stop, though. I've been going through about 2-3 carts per day. I know a lot of experienced vapers prefer the fancier, non-cigalike products. I like the slim batteries and ease of just screwing a cart on. I've tried a few brands that had bad vapor production, but I've had no problem with most brands I've tried, at least until the carts get low on juice. I've noticed that disposables have that problem more than rechargeables.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    I'm sorry I can't help 100% with the Fin/Victory/Blu compatibility other than what I can find.

Fin and Victory were reputed to use the standard 510 fitting.
    Blu in the UK also uses 510. All that should match.. but I wouldn't put my money where my mouth is.

2-3 carts a day doesn't surprise me. The ex-top brand in the UK would be making $6,500 out of me (a year) if I hadn't realized the system I was using was so expensive. I was $800 in and still smoking.

If you have 510 batteries (whichever ones are 510) you could conceivably buy "blank" 510 cartomizers and fill them yourself.

I 'get' the attraction of the system. If Fin fits Blu and Victory is 510, then Victory will fit Blu too.

Most of what you have seems 510. It'll be (KR)808 that will mess you up.

In early 2014, I bought a Joyetech 510 complete cig-a-like system. The running costs were 20% of Greensmoke at that time. I just needed to buy blanks and refill.
    I also had a KR808D-1 Kanger system. Less then 10% of the running costs of the UK top brand.

GodsKidBrother

Dec 6, 2015
    I'm sorry I can't help 100% with the Fin/Victory/Blu compatibility other than what I can find.

Fin and Victory were reputed to use the standard 510 fitting.
    Blu in the UK also uses 510. All that should match.. but I wouldn't put my money where my mouth is.

2-3 carts a day doesn't surprise me. The ex-top brand in the UK would be making $6,500 out of me (a year) if I hadn't realized the system I was using was so expensive. I was $800 in and still smoking.

If you have 510 batteries (whichever ones are 510) you could conceivably buy "blank" 510 cartomizers and fill them yourself.

I 'get' the attraction of the system. If Fin fits Blu and Victory is 510, then Victory will fit Blu too.

Most of what you have seems 510. It'll be (KR)808 that will mess you up.

In early 2014, I bought a Joyetech 510 complete cig-a-like system. The running costs were 20% of Greensmoke at that time. I just needed to buy blanks and refill.
    I also had a KR808D-1 Kanger system. Less then 10% of the running costs of the UK top brand.

I've heard of Joyetech, but I've never seen any of their products.

I wonder if the regular Blu cartridges would work on the Blu Plus batteries. The regular tobacco-flavored carts are only about $6 per pack of five on their website because they're fazing out the original Blu products in favor of the Blu Plus tank system, at least in the US. I bought the Blu Plus charging pack, which is very handy, but I'd like to find some cheaper carts or tanks that actually fit in the pack. The Fin carts fit the Blu Batteries, but they're just slightly too thick to fit in the slots of the Blu pack. I usually only use the actual Blu tanks once in awhile, as a treat. The Blu tobacco tanks are the best e-cig flavor I've tasted, but there are plenty of e-cigs I've never tried. In my opinion, the ultimate cigalike would combine the best aspects of the Blu and Green Smoke products.

GodsKidBrother

Dec 6, 2015

I emailed Apollo customer service a few days ago. They emailed back today. They said that the Apollo Extreme uses 906 threading. Is that similar or the same as 901?

GodsKidBrother

Dec 6, 2015
    I had never heard of 906 or DSE906 threading, but it may be pretty much unique to the Apollo Extreme. I found this thread - DSE906 Cartomizers vs Blu Cartomizers

It probably isn't going to be worth the trouble to find an alternative 906 threaded option, if there is one.

Thanks for your help. :) There's a few different options I may try and some of the customer service reps from companies I've emailed have finally started replying with answers to some of my questions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread