The future of vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorddeff07

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2013
St Kitts & Nevis
Heres an open discussion :). Simple question.

Where do you see vaping going in 10yrs?

My take on this is that its actually surprising that none of the really big analog brands (with exception to newport?) have actually come out with their own branded vaping alternatives. Kinda strange when you think of it. However, with how mainstream it seems to be becoming, I expect to start seeing more and more commercials of vapers on tv (the blu commercial got me looking into vaping and ultimately led me to buying an eGo kit) and in a few years time, I dare say we would probably see more e-cigs than analog cigs generally. I think a turning point will be when there is actually a standardized battery system in the form factor of the analog look alike cigs, then everyone can have their batteries and just walk into a gas station or convenience store and pick up a pack of cartos from their trusted brand.

So as it stands, the mostly proprietary nature of the medium is doing more harm than good for its growth. I believe at some point, vaper manufacturers will/should come together and make certain standards. Standards that will ensure cross compatibility.

Imagine buying a blu/apollo/green smoke kit which will be nothing but a PCC case with two batteries and a pack of sample cartomizers. Then when you run out, you can simply walk into a store and buy a pack of flavored cartomizers from Marlboro/camel/newport/salem....etc and just screw those onto your batteries.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
The 2 biggest tobacco companies are in the market, Lorillard with the Blu and Phillip Morris are in development. I doubt that they can come out with anything decent and will continue with the crappy cig-a-likes.

As for standardization, that would be the 510 connection. And there are many, many great PV's and mods out there that can deliver.

As for just going out and buying something to just screw on them, go to walgreens and buy the Blu cartos if you want to spend a lot of money for barely any juice.

Last edited:

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
The 2 biggest tobacco companies are in the market, Lorillard with the Blu and Phillip Morris are in development.

Yeah but that doesnt mean they are going to corner the market on all things vapor either. At the rate theyre going they MIGHT have their own PV by then but its doubtful.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Yeah but that doesnt mean they are going to corner the market on all things vapor either. At the rate theyre going they MIGHT have their own PV by then but its doubtful.

LOL, you are so right. All they are going to make is a weak cig-a-like that will put out low wattage overpriced prefilled cartos and tell everyone they are worth 2 packs :lol: :lol:

Erncig

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2013
AUS
I cant wait for big tobacco to get more involved.

I want everything standardized. But of course mods to still legal.

I don't like:

No mods
No big ugly devices
No refilling
No charging

I want GOOD performing Cigarette sized ecigs

Just go to a shop and buy disposables or prefilled carts.

That is true future of vaping and what the big tobacco are striving for as well as consumers.

It seems we are getting closers with the Njoy Kings. Just need the price to come down.

Last edited:

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California

I want everything standardized.

No mods
No big ugly devices
No refilling
No charging
Cigarette sized ecigs

Just go to a stop and buy disposables or prefilled carts.

That is true future of vaping and what the big tobacco are striving for as well as consumers.

It seems we are getting closers with the Njoy Kings. Just need the price to come down.

You guys can keep playing with your big mods, but they are not the future of vaping.

:lol: That there is funny.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009

No mods
No big ugly devices
No refilling
No charging
Cigarette sized ecigs

Just go to a stop and buy disposables or prefilled carts.

You guys can keep playing with your big mods, but they are not the future of vaping.

Someone like you should do us all a favor and go back to smoking. Thats one of the most insulting comments I think Ive ever read on these forums and Ive read more than a few.

Erncig

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2013
AUS
Someone like you should do us all a favor and go back to smoking. Thats one of the most insulting comments I think Ive ever read on these forums and Ive read more than a few.

LOL how is it insulting?

I didn't mean I want mods/egos etc banned, I just know they are not what is the average smoker on the street wants.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
It's also the truth.

People on this forum are not the mainstream.

Every single vaper I have come across who uses cig-a-likes tries something that actually gives good flavor and vapor and wastes no time upgrading from them. The only exception is Smokeless Image, and even they offer a better battery than can be overpaid for in a gas station. Of the ones that didn't upgrade, they quit ecigs because they couldn't deliver.

It's just a matter of letting them try some real vapor and flavor.

SoberSnyper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
Maurice, La.

No mods
No big ugly devices
No refilling
No charging
Cigarette sized ecigs

Just go to a shop and buy disposables or prefilled carts.

Wow, your bar is really set extremely low. I don't think I can agree with hardly anything you wrote above.

ThetaReactor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2012
GA, USA
I don't see any harm in the big guys standardizing systems for the casual users. But I don't think the enthusiast niche is going away. Even in the analog realm, you've got people rolling their own and smoking pipes and cigars. Vaping is much more DIY-friendly, too. Growing and curing your own tobacco is quite difficult, but as long as nic bases and these beautiful nutters with machine shops are around there will be a small crowd of hardcore folks with mods and funky juices.

Erncig

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2013
AUS
Every single vaper I have come across who uses cig-a-likes tries something that actually gives good flavor and vapor and wastes no time upgrading from them. The only exception is Smokeless Image, and even they offer a better battery than can be overpaid for in a gas station. Of the ones that didn't upgrade, they quit ecigs because they couldn't deliver.

It's just a matter of letting them try some real vapor and flavor.

I understand that BUT thats only because the cigalike ecigs don't perform very well so far.

If you had a small device that looked like a real cigarette and performed as well as the larger devices who on earth wouldnt choose the smaller device and blend in with the crowd?

The mainstream wants GOOD performing cigarette sized/looking ecigs, but the technology hasn't provided that so far.

Lorilard CEO said it himself.

His mission is create an ecig where the user can't tell the difference between an ecig and a real one.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
LOL how is it insulting?

I didn't mean I want mods/egos etc banned, I just know they are not what is the average smoker on the street wants.

Im going to assume by your join date and number of posts that youre new to all of this and take it easy on you.

Most new vapers come to a forum like this for a couple of reasons but the main one is because they are looking for something better than what they picked up in a gas station or convenience store.

The vast majority of come in here saying they want something that looks and feels like a cigarette but end up changing their minds once they realize that they cant get what they need in that small of a form factor.The technology doesnt exist yet and it might not 10 years from now either.

Mods and APV are the future and the reason why your comment was insulting is because it discounts all the hard work and progress thats been made (mainly by fellow vapers on THIS forum) in those areas in favor of YOUR preference for a cig-alike.

You have things a little backwards in regards to vaping. The people on this forum are the mainstream of vaping. Most of those buying cig-alikes try em once or twice, end up dissatisfied and throw em into a drawer somewhere and forget about em.

Last edited:

Rosenhave

Jan 8, 2013
Danmark
If we ARE allowed to vape at all!

So many companies are doing there best, trying to kill vaping. Well, at least they are doing that in Europa.

In Denmark, is so close to be forbidden to smoke normal cigz every where, and now they freaking doing the same with e-cigz!
Goverment don't think we can think our self, and doing all possible crazy laws to stop peoble doing anything at all :-(

With kind regards

Rosenhave, Denmark

PS: Sorry for mis-spelling, haven't learn english at all.

Erncig

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2013
AUS
Most new vapers come to a forum like this for a couple of reasons but the main one is because they are looking for something better than what they picked up in a gas station or convenience store.

The vast majority of come in here saying they want something that looks and feels like a cigarette but end up changing their minds once they realize that they cant get what they need in that small of a form factor.The technology doesnt exist yet and it might not 10 years from now either.

Sorry I didn't mean to insult anyone. The improvements in mods are important as they will also help the progress of mini ecigs I imagine.

I agree most users end up looking to upgrade from mini ecigs but thats not because they don't want a cigarette sized/looking ecig (they do), it's because as you said technology doesn't allow them to perform well enough so far.

Yet I believe that's the future.

Last edited:

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I understand that BUT thats only because the cigalike ecigs don't perform very well so far.

If you had a small device that looked like a real cigarette and performed as well as the larger devices who on earth wouldnt choose the smaller device and blend in with the crowd?

The mainstream wants GOOD performing cigarette sized/looking ecigs, but the technology hasn't provided that so far.

Lorilard CEO said it himself.

His mission is create an ecig where the user can't tell the difference between an ecig and a real one.

Me for one. I don't want anything that can look like a cigarette. If it looks like a cigarette, people equate it with smoking. I am not smoking. I don't want them banned because antz think they are too cigarette like. People see a cigarette looking device putting out something that looks like smoke and think "eeek, 2nd hand cancer" and "YOU CAN"T SMOKE HERE"

So of course the CEO of Lorilard would say that to further his brand. He would be a fool not to say that. His shareholders would be ...... if he insulted his own product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread