Burning Lips?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by walk1191, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walk1191

walk1191 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm trying to get my significant other interested in vaping, but when he vapes his PG "Wensten" he says his lips burn and feel numb. He tried some VG Boba's Bounty and said his lips didn't burn, but he just didn't care for it (never heard of anyone who didn't like Boba's Bounty). Nic level is 24 mg on both.

Has anyone else had the sensation of burning lips or numbness when vaping PG? Could the nic level be too high?

2. LastoftheBreed

LastoftheBreed Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sounds like he's having leaking or "blowback" problems and he's getting the juice directly on his lips or mouth. Check for over-filling, don't hold the PV with the mouth-peice end down, and watch for leakage would be my advice.

3. Rosa

Rosa Vaping Master ECF Veteran

+1, when I get juice on my lips it's a burning/numbing sensation.

4. walk1191

That never even occurred to me. Thanks guys!

5. MJBinNM

MJBinNM Senior Member ECF Veteran

Not sure what PV you're using, but you could try adding a drip tip to the carto...I find I get a lot less lip burn when using one compared to just sucking on the carto.

6. base234

base234 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Yep. Switched to 100% VG. Problem solved.

7. Beez

Beez Senior Member ECF Veteran

Yep, getting juice on your lips will definitely do just that! Sucking too hard or flooding the atty will cause it. I hope he gets where he likes it, I know it has been great that my husband has completed this change with me.

8. walk1191

Thanks for your help, guys. I want so much for him to get into vaping and give up traditional cigarettes. I ordered my kit, jumped right in head first and haven't looked back, and Tuesday of next week will be three weeks for me without analogs. It won't be that simple with him. I'm trying to be supportive.

9. son et lumiere

son et lumiere Vaping Master ECF Veteran

If you are using a lr atomizer it will hurt. Best thing to do is keep some chap stick handy and an anasecptic non alcohol mouthwash. It will help the pain.

10. Rosa

It's nice that he's making some sort of effort anyway, right?

Maybe he's puffing on it wrong, watch him next time... long, slow, easy drags? or quick hard puffs?

11. walk1191

You're absolutely right, Rosa, I have to give him credit for making the effort. And I'll make a point to observe him next time.

12. walk1191

Update: Looks like the burning and numbing of the lips was a reaction to the PG. He tried straight VG flavors all day and no reaction. Mystery apparently solved. Thanks for everyone's input.

13. LastoftheBreed

LastoftheBreed Senior Member ECF Veteran

If he isn't getting the throat hit from VG that he needs to avoid real cigarettes, you may want to try some juice vendors that mix in percentages...

14. cyberwolf

cyberwolf Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    +1 Often as litle as 20% VG will eliminate a bad reaction to PG.

15. dormouse

dormouse ECF Guru ECF Veteran

PG lets through all of the irritation of nicotine. Makes my tongue sore and numb.

Look for some nice 70pg/30vg juice or somewhere around there. If that still causes numbness then try 50/50.

16. base234

base234 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I tried that, dormouse. I finally had to go to 100% or close to 100% VG. Darn shame because there are a lot less juices in 100% VG but it is what it is.

17. Rosa

You could always try some DIY for him. 100%vg and add a little something to give it some kick, I know there are things you can add (vodka???) something to provide some TH. Someone else could tell you what it is for sure..

Good luck :)

18. dormouse

There is something called Qhit for hit too - OneStopDIYSHop sells it as does FreedomSmokeUSA

19. Wate2028

Wate2028 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mine are torn up right now, vaping straight from the atty w/o a drip tip causes it for me but they didn't send me any tips with my attys like usual this time.

20. dormouse

BTW You can get more of FreedomSmokeUSA's tobaccos and many of their other juices (I think all on the Flavor Range section) in lots of PG/VG mixes including all VG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.