Can you believe this _________?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
Well excuse me for being an adult that likes flavored things, since apparently as an adult I can't do that. If the FDA or any of these other lunatics need me, I'll be right here vaping my moo juice.

Sent from the mothership.

I do not see the same media circus about flavoured vodka, or even flavoured Nicorettes ("Never success tasted so SWEET")...!

On the other hand, FDA allowed a menthol exception on the tobacco cigarettes 'flavour ban'... "We are concerned because flavoured tobacco cigarettes are more attractive to youths, but we will allow the ONE flavour that is used by more than half of youth smokers..."

The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: Senators Calling for Ban on Flavors in E-Cigarettes are Full of Disingenuous Baloney

Money, money, money... this all comes down to it.

Bontasia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2014
Texas
For those without the time or inclination to read the whole article, I'll provide the highlights:

“People are not using e-cigarettes to quit smoking but are using them to maintain their smoking habits.”

“Some studies suggest they are about as effective as a nicotine patch. Other studies suggest they are not helpful at all.”

“There is, literally, nicotine juice sloshing around in peoples’ homes,”

“It seems to me clear that the marketers have kids on their minds,”

“We are seeing flavorings that are most appealing to kids — cookies and cream, strawberry. These are not flavors that are going to appeal to adults who have been smoking for decades.”

Researchers have also proven that nicotine is one of the most addictive substances known, and that tobacco companies deliberately manipulate nicotine levels in their products to get people hooked for life.

I just....I don't even have words.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
On my roku I have a daily news section and the other day I saw that it was labled Ecigs not as safe as you think. I procceded to watch it and they were claiming that since it takes such a high level of heat to vaporize the liquid that it causes the liquid to admit carcenigans into the user's lungs.

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
The part about nicotine in the liquid beeing extremely addicting is laughable, the amount of post on here about people dropping down to 0 nic every week is outstanding. If it were as addicting as their 'studies' show you'd think everyone would be increasing not dropping down.

My gears grind everytime I hear the 'addictive nicotine' lie...

"Kids are going to be addicted to nicotine, and then move to smoking"...!

It's not going to happen. The last paragraph makes it clear.

"There is no evidence that nicotine is dependence-forming except in tobacco smoke along with a mix of 9,600 other compounds including multiple synergens and boosters. Describing one item from a list of 9,600 as responsible for the whole is a gross logic error. Ketchup could be made to create dependence with such an ingredient profile.

"There is no evidence whatsoever that nicotine has any significant potential for dependence outside of tobacco smoking, and anyone who tells you that it can create dependence is offering an unsupported personal opinion, or is badly misinformed. In the case of a well-informed expert who would know that there is no evidence that nicotine (by itself) is dependence-creating and that in contrast there is a body of anecdotal evidence that it isn't, then it may be hard to avoid the interpretation that the statement is a deliberate lie (...)"

"There is not a single published clinical trial of nicotine administration to never-smokers for the purpose of determining its potential for dependence. Anyone claiming expertise in the area who tells you there is such a published trial is badly misinformed (or a liar)"

"Ask for a reference to a clinical trial that examines the potential of nicotine to cause dependence in never-smokers (the only valid method); there is no such trial. All citations lead to trials of smoking dependence or where the subjects are smokers (or ex-smokers)"

"However, there are around six clinical trials identified so far, of this type, where nicotine was administered to never-smokers, for other purposes. (Administration to ever-smokers is irrelevant.) These trials took place in order to evaluate nicotine's beneficial effects on medical conditions such as cognitive dysfunction and auto-immune diseases. Despite high doses administered for several months, no subject experienced withdrawal effects, or symptoms of dependence, or continued to use nicotine afterward. In these trials, nicotine was demonstrated to have no potential for dependence. It must be stressed that this is pure nicotine, not tobacco with nicotine or tobacco smoke with nicotine (...)"

Nicotine Propaganda

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
The problem is that people still can't tell the difference between real information and propaganda.

smoking.jpg

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
Well excuse me for being an adult that likes flavored things, since apparently as an adult I can't do that. If the FDA or any of these other lunatics need me, I'll be right here vaping my moo juice.

Sent from the mothership.

Right there with ya man...... Sitting here reading ECF vaping a tank full of moo juice myself at the moment. :toast:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Would you expect an accurate, fair and unbiased story from NBC, creator of MSNBC on vaping? That would be like expecting a lion to be a vegetarian. NBC is fully aware that some of their favorite politicians, specifically, Sens. Durbin (D-Ill.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), Edward Markey (D-Mass.), Tom Harkin (D-Iowa), Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.), and Rep. Henry A. Waxman (D-Calif.) have all called for vaping to be banned. NBC is simply doing their part to support these politicians in their efforts to protect the country. Should we really expect anything different from a national news organization like NBC?

Last edited:

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
For those without the time or inclination to read the whole article, I'll provide the highlights:

“People are not using e-cigarettes to quit smoking but are using them to maintain their smoking habits.
a. It's not smoking, it's vaping.
b. 6% of smokers RE-Quit every year, using NRT's. 84% of smokers habe an opportunity of switching over to HARM REDUCTION products, leaving both the tobacco and the NRT's behind. This equals to a future consisting of: 6% off and on smokers and 84% ex-smokers. Why is there a problem with this scenario?

“Some studies suggest they are about as effective as a nicotine patch. Other studies suggest they are not helpful at all.”
a. Other studies prove that smokers who switch over to vaping do indeed enjoy it more than smoking and are less likely to light up a real smoke. Why does this article leave these studies out?

“There is, literally, nicotine juice sloshing around in peoples’ homes,”
INSERT RED LETTERS HERE.
a. And Clorox, prescription Meds, Tylenol & Advil, pointsettia plants, ... where there is a home, there is like
y either a responsible parent or an irresponsible parent. Shouldn't the ALA, ACS, anti-tobacco agencies be holding tutorials for stupid people or are they too stupid to figure out how to educate?

“It seems to me clear that the marketers have kids on their minds.
a. Because most vendors use age restrictions, child proof bottle caps and go to lengths to educate the educatable? Are you educatable?

“We are seeing flavorings that are most appealing to kids — cookies and cream, strawberry. These are not flavors that are going to appeal to adults who have been smoking for decades.”
a. It takes an ex-smoker, now Vaper to make such conclusions. It takes individuals to make personal statements. Saying that adults don't like Flavors is akin to saying that pilots don't like airplanes. Don't you like Flavors?

Researchers have also proven that nicotine is one of the most addictive substances known, and that tobacco companies deliberately manipulate nicotine levels in their products to get people hooked for life.
a. Perhaps the researchers who proclaim that should be researched. All genuine studies I've seen, show that Unadulturated nicotine is no more addictive than caffeine. It is a dependence drug, not an addiction drug. It's also a beneficial drug. Taking it out of the hands of consumers and into the pharmacies makes for a huge monopoly on a product. Why or who would ever want to do such a thing?

I just....I don't even have words.
I can't comment on the article, and am even having jumping cursor problems here, but here's my so far 2 cents worth fwiw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread