Catfish Atty Mods the next Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
The CAM-M trials are under way. So far so good. I have different tubing on order to simplify filling. Other than that and the fact that below .25 ohms is a no go everything looks good. I will be monitoring battery discharge rates.

The Squonk hole came out great btw.

I'm rocking it with a black Dark Horse at .33 with 6mg (instead of my normal 12mg) so I use it much more and push it harder than you will. The current pair of batteries has been in for 11 hours so far and still going. I will change them in a few minutes to check the balance.

Last edited:

Hemptation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Ridgeland,MS
posting for participation for keep up with the new boat everyone is in. its nice and shiny, and look.....there is a bathroom now.

no go below .25 CH ? that is interesting, I figured your mod to be stable a bit lower....but it is what it is...no worries. thank you for all you do

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I had a momentary rush of excitement when you said testing on the CAM-R which is the regulated device. Correct? When you said two batteries and it wouldn't run below .25 I knew you were referring to the CAM-M (mech) Still anxious to get mine but really looking forward to a 26650 regulated;):D

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
I had a momentary rush of excitement when you said testing on the CAM-R which is the regulated device. Correct? When you said two batteries and it wouldn't run below .25 I knew you were referring to the CAM-M (mech) Still anxious to get mine but really looking forward to a 26650 regulated;):D

I didn't even notice the "R" - we're just all so excited about this brave new frontier. Keep it comin', CH. :thumb:

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013

Whoops... My bad.. CAM-M.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
The Actual CAM-R will be a while, it just dawned on me that if I build a prototype I can have the bodies made by a machine shop (outsourced) much like Reos and Sunboxes are. It would take me months to machine each one freehand to perfection. These are coming and will be awesome. 1 can do it that way or I can do the typical Hammond box cop out. I'm not big on the cop out concept.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Is the Cam R going to be 26650? :( Say it ain't so...
That's the plan... Sx350j is a power hungry chip. With 18650 even using 50 of the upcoming 70 watts would leave you changing batteries every 2-3 hours. If you can't get 4-6 hours before changing batteries I just don't see the point. 18650 isn't off the table but I want to shoot for the stars first. Even my Sunboxes at 32-35watts will crush a battery in 6hrs. Double that and factor in the inefficiency of any boost circuit and your in 2.5 hour range. Even with the 26650 a moderate to heavy user would be changing batteries every 4-5hours. The power always comes at a price.

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
That's the plan... Sx350j is a power hungry chip. With 18650 even using 50 of the upcoming 70 watts would leave you changing batteries every 2-3 hours. If you can't get 4-6 hours before changing batteries I just don't see the point. 18650 isn't off the table but I want to shoot for the stars first. Even my Sunboxes at 32-35watts will crush a battery in 6hrs. Double that and factor in the inefficiency of any boost circuit and your in 2.5 hour range. Even with the 26650 a moderate to heavy user would be changing batteries every 4-5hours. The power always comes at a price.

I hear what you are saying and battery life is not my concern. ( I happen to have over 50 18650's) It's just that I've been avoiding the whole 26650 thing because of the extra bulk. Good thing I have big hands me thinks. I put myself on the list but, I'll hold off to see the prototype before making the final decision.

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
The Actual CAM-R will be a while, it just dawned on me that if I build a prototype I can have the bodies made by a machine shop (outsourced) much like Reos and Sunboxes are. It would take me months to machine each one freehand to perfection. These are coming and will be awesome. 1 can do it that way or I can do the typical Hammond box cop out. I'm not big on the cop out concept.

Go big or go home. Make your dream machine, CH. :thumb:

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Posting Against ECF Supplier TOS

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Thanks for that input. Seriously thank you! I will revisit the 18650 concept. I would love to do a dual 18650 j box but we will see how the first regulated mod goes. Who knows maybe I will have to change the name to: Catfish Atty &Mods. The future is bright.

Thanks again Tom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Posting Against ECF Supplier TOS

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
I'm down to help, the board is huge btw, it's 17mm thick ...nit wide, thick, plus you need room for wires Yaya why I didn't go with the 26650 I just didn't want to make a mod that big. Mine is absolutely as small as you can get a 10ml bottle a 18650 and that board packed together. If you go with dual 18650s, which is what I would have done, it takes up as much room as 4 18650s ..... pretty big not to mention heavy. That's why I went to a lipo. I'm doing that right now. But again the board is so big it's a pain.

Email sent btw...

RobbieVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2015
Bristol - England
if i can get 5mls out of a single 18650 then I would be very happy.

I would agreed with this but others may want to consider.... 2 x 18650, how easy is it to change batteries in and out. If it's a magnetic cover that pops off or another type cover thats easy to remove one 18650 suits me as I've always got batteries on me however if you need to start getting screw drivers out or Allen keys to remove covers then maybe 18650 x 2 would make more sense.

I know with the reported Eco setting on the SX350J chip on the new update which is supposed to extend battery life again could have an input as to whether two batteries are really required.

I've always got 2-3 devices with me so normally changing a battery outside of my home never happens, the smaller the device the better for me so would be happy with one 18650 for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread