So I have had my Chuck for almost a year and after several drops, she lost her prom dress. Also I have finally beat the switch into submission. It is totally dead. I decided to do a switchectomy and figured I would put a new skirt on her while I was at it so here goes... First, I took the nut off of the outside of the switch and pushed the switch through the hole. Then, unscrew the top cap completely. (mine was loose already) Unsolder the wire from the top cap to the switch. Push the other part of the assembly through the bottom of the Chuck housing. unsolder the other lead from the switch Clean Everything! as you can see, there was a lot of filth inside the threads. I used scotch pads to clean all the threads and contact surfaces. NEW SKIRT! I found this material at Lowes: I liked the woodchuck that someone posted earlier so I thought why not try it on mine. I bought the 12 x 48 inch (enough to do at least 20 chucks) piece in red oak. It was all that Lowes had at the time but if you go to the website : Band-It® Products | Real Wood Veneer There are all kinds of exotic and purty woods to choose from. Then I cut a piece and dry fitted it. This veneer has a heat activated glue backing material. I used a hobby iron to Iron it on to the Chuck housing. (you can use a regular clothes iron also.) Cut the hole for the switch: sanded the crap out of it.. And she is ready for stain and varnish. I will post pics of the reassembly and finished product when she is done.