Chuck switchectomy and new skirt step by step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxology

Verified Member
Apr 9, 2010
alabama
I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to say thank you for the how-to on replacing the switch on a chuck. I had been fighting with my switch for a few months now but didn't want to send it off to be fixed an be chuckless. I went and got the switch at RadioShack and had it replaced in about 10 min. It wasn't that hard at all. Now my chuck is hitting like a champ again. Thanks.

joelongwood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2010
East End of Long Island
Another successful switch replacement here! I had sent my Chuck back to Jeff a few months ago for a switch replacement, as it wasn't firing consistently at all. About a week ago, the same mis-fires appeared. So I decided to replace it myself, using the Radio Shack switch mentioned here. I was quite surprised to find, when I removed the old switch, which had just been replaced by Jeff, it seems to be the same as the .5A RS switch I just purchased at Radio Shack. I thought the switch supplied in the Chuck was a better grade 3 amp switch? In any case, no big deal.....it fires consistently now, and replacement was fairly easy. I just need to grow a few more hands for the next replacement. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread