CigRX launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

t9c

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2010
Houston
:laugh: quote from the text: "Anatabine has been combined with an extract of the leaves of the yerba mate tree to temporarily reduce the urge to light a cigarette in any environment where smoking is prohibited or unacceptable."
So...I wonder if the product reduces the urge to smoke where smoking is allowed? Part of my tobacco addiction was always wanting a ciggie when I saw someone enjoying theirs. Especially prevalent when I was attempting a quit. E-cigs solved that problem.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
Yerba Mate is a popular tea in South America, no health problem issues known on that. I do wonder what health benefits/risks there might be in vaping it. Probably none, but it is just one more chem that we are envibing. Not that I'm opposed to that, I've smoked combinations of passionflower and damiana...very relaxing(read...mellow...man. lol). I have some of that on hand, maybe I'll play around w/ it tomorrow and try and get a decent extract to add to my juice.

KathyD26

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Calif.
Well I ordered it Monday and got it today. It has a nice mint flavor( a tablet that dissolves in your mouth). It did seem to relax me when I used it. I will experiment more this weekend and use it along with vaping. I have a surgery coming up in two weeks and I need to get serious about getting off all analogs. Wish me luck!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Well I ordered it Monday and got it today. It has a nice mint flavor( a tablet that dissolves in your mouth). It did seem to relax me when I used it. I will experiment more this weekend and use it along with vaping. I have a surgery coming up in two weeks and I need to get serious about getting off all analogs. Wish me luck!

Good luck!

Hope your surgery goes well.

And keep us posted. I can't wait to try that pill.

coralie

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
USA, Chicago area
I drink Yerba Mate every day. I started drinking it every morning instead of my coffee to reduce calories and caffeine intake. It has about 1/3 the caffeine of a cup of coffee, but I don't need the sugar and cream with it. I don't know about vaping it...I am not opposed to it and might give it a try if an extract of it were readily available.

I've also tried an herbal remedy to stop smoking before I found out about ecigs. I still have the Lobelia and some other herb, can't remember what it was. I can only say that it didn't work for me, because I needed something that mimicked the action of smoking more than taking a pill. Ecigs work much better for me, but I am still looking for that missing ingredient. I'm down to 1 or 2 a day and holding steady at that for several months.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Thanks TBob. That offer wasn't there before. I have been off my ecig for 2 weeks. I'm still using 1-2 stonewall or snus a day. I don't think I need them as much as I enjoy them now.
I switched over to 100% VG in July, and in about 2 weeks, my liquid use dropped from 3ml to 1ml and then I just put it away. I was really suprised since I couldn't put the thing down for 16 months.

tescela

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Hi 42109,

I ordered the sample well before you did, and I still haven't received anything, either.

Has your CC been billed? Also, when you called to order the sample, were you given a "hard sell" to purchase a bulk order instead of the sample?

In light of the overbilling issue mentioned here...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...sion/113536-watch-out-cigrx-over-billing.html

...and the difficulty jamesam1243 had getting it reversed, this strikes me as a second red flag for CigRx.

We should keep comparing notes. If anyone receives their order -- including you TB (where are you hiding?) -- please let the rest of us know.

Because Star is the company behind CigRx, I am -- for the moment -- chalking this up to them simply having some difficulty launching a direct-to-consumer product channel. The real test will be the effectiveness of the product.

Now deliver it to us already, Star!!! :)

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
So I got my sample.
Shipped from Van Nuys, Ca. That suprised me.
It's an aspirin size tablet marked "CigRx".
The container isn't really childproof but is designed to only dispense 1 tablet at a time so it is 3x as big as it needs to be.
The taste is unremarkable, much like a Tic Tac or an Altoid small. About half way through, I bit into it and when it was gone I just wanted another "mint". The disappointment is that there is no tobacco taste/reference/association.

The problem is I have stopped smoking, stopped vaping, and I am not snussing enough to want to stop. So I can't really evaluate their effectiveness. I don't know that I have cravings, or that I want to stave them off. So I'll keep them in my arsenal until their time is right.

I did notice that they are being marketed as a "Dietary Supplement", so they do not require FDA Approval.
Anatabine is found in many plants, like nicotine, so it isn't specifically a tobacco product.
It's "for those times you can't smoke" so it's not a smoking cessation product.
Good thinking Star.

I found some "GUAYAKI'" Yerba Mate tea in a local health food store. I chose it because it wasn't blended with other teas.
The label touts the following:

Yerba mate was discovered centuries ago by the indigenous people in South America and has been revered as the “drink of the gods” and consumed to enhance, vitality, clarity, and well-being. With 24 vitamins and minerals, 15 amino acids, 11 polyphenols, caffeine, and is high in antioxidants, yerba mate triumphs as nature’s most balanced stimulant.

Of the six commonly used stimulants in the world--yerba mate, coffee, tea, kola nut, cocoa, and guarana--yerba mate is the healthiest, delivering both energy and nutrition.

•Helps Stimulate Focus and Clarity*
•Boosts Physical Energy*
•Traditionally Used to Support Weight Loss Programs that Include a Balanced Diet and Exercise*
•Aids Elimination*
•Contains Antioxidants*

( I thought "Aids Elimination" was probably thought to be important to anyone considering quitting tobacco!)
I am not yet sold on these claims yet, but Star definately put some thought into this product.

Another thought: After Michael Douglas' announcement of throat cancer, I did some googleing and found "Mate' " listed as a risk factor along with alcohol and smoking.... you can do your own search on this as much is vague and still unknown... heat, quantity, mechanisms...

Anyone else with a review, thoughts?
Where are you TBob?

coralie

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
USA, Chicago area
That's the Guayaki Yerba Mate I drink everyday. Especially the Mate Chocolate, and the Chai Mate.

I didn't think about it having any effect on cravings or cigarette smoking at all until this thread... But I like the taste and the alertness and it works for me (not for cigarette cessation specifically by in general, as a coffee substitute).

It certainly hasn't impeded my reduction of cigarettes. I've only had 4 or so in about 2 weeks. So I'm down from 1 or 2 a day to 1 or 2 every 4-8 days...

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I've been using the CigRx for over a month now, on occasion, in conjunction with vaping, snusing and sucking on my Ariva and Stonewalls. I don't quite know what to make of it, especially considering that I'm using pretty much everything that's available out there to help me curb my urges, but I've noticed that I'm reaching for those little pills more and more often recently. I didn't expect much at the beginning, but I'm finding that I really like those things. They definitely work, in a different way that snus or dissolvables, and they are perfect as a supplement to vaping. The interesting thing I noticed is that while snus is somewhat relaxing, the CigRx is both calming and stimulating, not unlike cigarettes. I now always have a box in my purse and pop a pill whenever I have to sit through a lengthy meeting or other social gathering where vaping or even snusing would not be practical. It calms me down and sharpens my faculties in a very pleasant way. As a matter of fact, it's become my favorite way of fighting cigarette cravings.

I'm not sure how and why it works, but it seems to be working very well for me. YMMV, of course, but I highly recommend ordering at least a sample box. I was pleasantly surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread