Not open for further replies.

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA
Clapton wire is going to be a significantly different vape than a single coil of just 28g Kanthal, way more metal to heat up, needs more watts. I've used a 26g wrapped with 32g and it's a good, flavorful, cloud making, juice drinking vape. I still fall back to my twin 28 or 26g coils, though, and get great flavor from those, too, with about 1/2 the juice consumption (I'm too old to be in the cloud crowd). I'd start with one roll from Lightning Vapes to see if you like it (and if it'll fit your atty).

Reactions: Bonskibon

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Clapton wire is going to be a significantly different vape than a single coil of just 28g Kanthal, way more metal to heat up, needs more watts. I've used a 26g wrapped with 32g and it's a good, flavorful, cloud making, juice drinking vape. I still fall back to my twin 28 or 26g coils, though, and get great flavor from those, too, with about 1/2 the juice consumption (I'm too old to be in the cloud crowd). I'd start with one roll from Lightning Vapes to see if you like it (and if it'll fit your atty).
Great, thanks a lot. I'll get some to try out. :)

Njsm

May 9, 2017
Alberta, canada
I personally like UD nichrome clapton. But ill tell you to find stuff by the roll.

Geekvape has some nice clapton as well.

26/32 is pretty standard and works well. If youre going to go single coil id probably get some fatter wire if you can. Like a 24/32 or 26/30. Slightly lower resistance will help push some extra heat through with lower voltages.

Claptons have a slower ramp up time but ultimately higher surface area.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
If you like SS, which can be TC or wattage, check out Advanced Vape Supply, very solid choices for spools and wrapped coils. Prebuilt SS Coils
Great, thanks so much for the link. Was concerned about resistance and they have the specks all right there. :) Bookmarked.

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread