Cloupor Mini Mod 30W

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheech226

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA. USA
well i'm just lovin' this little box. i only wish i could read the battery voltage and a puff count. the battery indicator didn't change until i removed the bat and put it back in. maybe you have to shut it off then turn on for the display to change? i put some 0 nic juice in the atlantis and WOW! big flavor!

Last edited:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
well i'm just lovin' this little box. i only wish i could read the battery voltage and a puff count. the battery indicator didn't change until i removed the bat and put it back in. maybe you have to shut it off then turn on for the display to change? i put some 0 nic juice in the atlantis and WOW! big flavor!

Lovin mine too. It's so small and works great. Still waiting for the silicon cover I ordered from GB. I liked the new one from FT and ordered one of those too.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com

The chip on the Cloupor Mini doesn't calculate/display the resistance of the atomizer coil until the firing button is pressed and held for a second or two. Same with the voltage. Once the resistance has been measured, the chip then uses the wattage setting to calculate/display the actual voltage being delivered. When the firing button is released, the displayed voltage goes to "0.00," since the circuit is open with no current flowing to the atomizer.

If the firing button is pressed momentarily (but not held down), the display turns on (i.e., awakens from sleep) and shows the selected wattage and the previously calculated resistance from the last firing, but again 0.00 for voltage.

A few regulator chips show the percentage of battery remaining, but the Cloupor Mini chip has the "battery bar" that gives only a rough approximation. Personally, I like the fact that it doesn't display a puff count.

Last edited:

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
Probably just a coincidence that the battery bars changed when you reinstalled the battery. Mine will occasionally drop as I'm vaping, I don't need to remove the battery for this to happen. thumbsup.gif

cheech226

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA. USA
The chip on the Cloupor Mini doesn't calculate/display the resistance of the atomizer coil until the firing button is pressed and held for a second or two. Same with the voltage. Once the resistance has been measured, the chip then uses the wattage setting to calculate/display the actual voltage being delivered. When the firing button is released, the displayed voltage goes to "0.00," since the circuit is open with no current flowing to the atomizer.

If the firing button is pressed momentarily (but not held down), the display turns on (i.e., awakens from sleep) and shows the selected wattage and the previously calculated resistance from the last firing, but again 0.00 for voltage.

A few regulator chips show the percentage of battery remaining, but the Cloupor Mini chip has the "battery bar" that gives only a rough approximation. Personally, I like the fact that it doesn't display a puff count.

sorry i wasn't clear. i'm a newb and have only owned a vamo v3 , v6. both of these mods allowed me to do a voltage check of my battery, that is the actual remaining voltage of the cell. i liked that feature but i like this little thing a bit more

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
sorry i wasn't clear. i'm a newb and have only owned a vamo v3 , v6. both of these mods allowed me to do a voltage check of my battery, that is the actual remaining voltage of the cell. i liked that feature but i like this little thing a bit more

You mean the actual remaining usable charge. Battery voltage does not change much from Full to depleted. about 1v max

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Probably just a coincidence that the battery bars changed when you reinstalled the battery. Mine will occasionally drop as I'm vaping, I don't need to remove the battery for this to happen. View attachment 427888

Not quite. Multiple videos have been posted on youtube of this issue (search "cloupor mini" and sort by upload date). Multiple recipients of the device have been posting on FT as well. I currently have one of the defective ones.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
after finding out this mod doesn't step down so basically it's a mech when you use .5 ohm coils, i still like it. fires my nautilus great and i can adjust the watts. next buy i will look more carefully into the specs.

Actually no, it is better than a Mech even at a locked minimum voltage. As soon as you start firing a Mech battery sag starts. No so with a regulated Mod.

Reactions: gerrymi

Flapstick

Jan 12, 2015
Europa
I had fitting problems only with the black one (bought from 3FVape) which, peculiarly enough, was from a newer batch than the FT plain silver one (according to the dreaded ”VIP cards”).
Due to some hot glue excess (immediately above the + pole, inside, under the lid) and some peculiar machining problems that I fixed with a single tiny strip of insulator tape.
Meanwhile, I sold the black unit and I'm considering buying another silver one.
Is there any other mod (VV/VW) better than this one, in this price range? I think not...
And as I'm not after higher wattage, this cute little box is perfect for me - size-wise, power-wise and in almost every other respect.

Reactions: SS stingray

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
My Gearbest silicone skin came in today. Decent quality, fits well, feels good in the hand, buttons work just as good as without the skin, and it's not that hard to remove to change battery. Worth a buck fifty, no doubt.

Cloupor needs to throw them in the box going forward, or with the Mini II if they do one.

Reactions: ricks

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
My Gearbest silicone skin came in today. Decent quality, fits well, feels good in the hand, buttons work just as good as without the skin, and it's not that hard to remove to change battery. Worth a buck fifty, no doubt.

Cloupor needs to throw them in the box going forward, or with the Mini II if they do one.
I have that one too and I ordered the one from FT to try next. $1.82 Protective Silicone Sleeve for Cloupor Mini 30W VV VW APV Box Mod - black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Bayou14

Feb 22, 2015
Bush, LA
Got mine today!!! It is really nice too. Had to remove the stupid sticker on the battery door and rub that glue it left behind, yuck!. View attachment 427710
I did the same thing in regards to the sticker. A little unnecessary to have the sticker on there. I love the Cloupor mini. I haven't had a lot of experience with 185650 mods, but I really enjoy this. Fiancee has the Sigelei mini and I prefer the Cloupor. I like hers, but just like the size of the Cloupor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread