Complete paranoia? Reflection needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
I know exactly what you're talking about even though that person takes it to the next level. He could complain about some smells and that would be understandable as some vapours actually stink (even if they taste good) and some people have more sensitive noses. He could have an intolerance to something. But he seems to be intolerant of basically everything! I've seen my wife coughing with Halo and/or complaing about smells. It's annoying but I can understand it; I mean, I don't know how much is actually real, but enough probably. But your mate seems to have a severe case of hypocondria.

Reactions: mauricem00

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Some people go through whole life complaining about everything. These people are not happy in their own skin and if they cant make everyone else just as unhappy, they feel a need to at least tell them about it.

I learned early on that is it a very ineffective method of change.
Truth!!!!!!

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
My GFs dog gets puke sick and my GF gets naushed out when I vape at her apartment. I go out on the porch[emoji17]

My ex could smell a smoke in the next car over with the windows closed traveling 70 mph. Now that was nauseating.

:D

Good luck.

Reactions: WharfRat1976

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hmmm... Speaking as someone with a keener sense of smell than most non-smokers even when I smoked 2 pks a day, I'd say it's possible the person is one like me, "super-taster" or "super-smeller" who perhaps also suffers from both allergy, and hypochondria -- having this extreme reaction to smell, and having allergies, tends to lead one to varying levels of hypochondria about strong odors and allergens. So it probably is some of both: outrageously keen sense of smell, and somewhat psychosomatic. And no, nothing much can be done about people like that, except avoid them, or if one of them oneself, become a virtual hermit.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread