Coppervape's Skyline Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
I also space my coils because it works better in TC so that's not the issue, tried different brands of 28 and 26ga, screws are tight as can be, wires cut flush with the posts, but the ohms just aren't stable on any of my dna devices, so there must be something wrong with the atomizer itself, which isn't uncommon in clones by the way. I know people who have completely messed up coppervape hurricane V2s with multiple issues, I have 2 that are pretty much perfect (in which I also use a 0.8 spaced 28ga SS316L 3mm ID coil like I have in the skyline and there it performs without issue in TC).
Resistance will fluctuate in TC are you locking your resistance ,
Are you using a good quality wire , I use 316L , but theres many have problems with it.

So its recommend by many to actually use 304 Grade SS wire, has a higher TCR for better stability
Different TCRs. 403 is the most responsive to temperature changes, then 304, with 316 & 317 last.
316 is the easiest to find, and the default for most mods.
If you can't set a custom TCR,
But the 304 or 403 will give you a lot better stability in TC over 316-317L

Maybe strip your deck down completely , take out the posative pin clean check its Actually is Isolated + ect the usual maybe an oring or peak is missing ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 52anddone

Dnns84

Aug 23, 2017
Are you using a good quality wire , I use 316L , but theres many have problems with it.

So its recommend by many to actually use 304 Grade SS wire, has a higher TCR for better stability
Different TCRs. 403 is the most responsive to temperature changes, then 304, with 316 & 317 last.

Maybe strip your deck down completely , take out the posative pin clean check its Actually is Isolated + ect the usual maybe an oring or peak is missing ,

Just bought some 304 the other week because of this, but I doubt that will solve my problem and yes I tried locking the resistance it's reading, tried dialing in my own resistance, but sitting on any of my dna mods, the ohms just fluctuate too much. At the moment I'm vaping it in wattage mode, but I don't have a bunch of DNA mods for wattage ;) But I was already planning on what you said, as soon as I need to rewick it, I'll strip it down, unscrew it all and see where I'm at.
The wire I'm using shouldn't be a problem, tried multiple brands and gauges and for instance the 28ga I have in there now, I also have almost the same build in my Coppervape Hurricane v2 which has been working fine in TC for months.
So a complete strip it is, otherwise I'll retire the desk

Dnns84

Aug 23, 2017

Yeah, I'm currently vaping it in wattage mode, works fine, but I don't have a bunch of DNA mods for wattage mode, I always prefer TC. But when this needs rewicking I'll strip down everything, check it and rebuild it, see if that fixes anything.
My problem shouldn't be the wire, got almost the exact same 28GA 316L build in my Coppervape Hurricane v2 and I have been using that one on TC for months without issue.
By the way, I just bought some SS304 the other day, but I have yet to do a build with it, but since it's the atomizer which is so crazy unstable I doubt that will fix anything. Either the strip + rebuild will fix it or I buy a new one. Clones tend to be quite inconsistent in quality, so perhaps I'm just unlucky here. I have 2 Hurricanes that are perfect, but I know a guy who bought 2 that were both crap...
Thanks for the reply :)

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I had this happen to me this morning, built a 316L and vaped great at .24Ω. Took my 10th hit and got burnt cotton and looking at the mod it jumped pretty drastically. When I broke it down, one of my wires wasn't captured well. Tightened it up, replaced the cotton and I was back in business.

The wire capture points have to be damn near perfect for TC.

Dnns84

Aug 23, 2017
Tear down might reveal something is missing or not once ypu decide to Replace the coil ,
If not
Maybe a redo of the build , Oknow you said you think its right the build, but heard other say the same then a different build ends up working,

I already tried multiple builds, screws capture the leads nice and tight, spaced SS316L coil 28ga or 26ga, no shorts, no wiggle room (also tried contact coils, same result) and I used various brands of wire. I have nearly the exact same build in my hurricane v2 and that one works fine on TC.
I'm not a new builder and not new with TC vaping, it's just that the skyline itself is very unstable I've put in 5 different builds, but the ohms are all over the place. Just hoping it's something I can fix when I take it apart completely again.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I already tried multiple builds, screws capture the leads nice and tight, spaced SS316L coil 28ga or 26ga, no shorts, no wiggle room (also tried contact coils, same result) and I used various brands of wire. I have nearly the exact same build in my hurricane v2 and that one works fine on TC.
I'm not a new builder and not new with TC vaping, it's just that the skyline itself is very unstable I've put in 5 different builds, but the ohms are all over the place. Just hoping it's something I can fix when I take it apart completely again.

Damn shame, sorry to hear that Dnns84 I was hoping it was something simple. It has to be in the atty itself because it seems like you tried everything else.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I'm with Marc on this Dnns, it has to be the atty, like a bushing or center pin (like benley just posted), or even a positive/negative post. Oh, and do recheck that little swing arm that the 510 pin screws into also. Outside of those things, I'm stumped, wish I could be of more help.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I just changed over to Rayon, from KGD, same coil though. I'll see what that brings me with this Skyline.

Edited on 08-31-17: I have a little bit more flavor with Rayon (not unexpectedly) and now it seems that my SkyLine and Hussar are neck and neck in the flavor department, that's with my Hussar wicked with KGD, and my SkyLine wicked with Rayon, and my Hussar's flavor is Great, both with the same juice BTW.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigbob2322

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
I just changed over to Rayon, from KGD, same coil though. I'll see what that brings me with this Skyline.

Edited on 08-31-17: I have a little bit more flavor with Rayon (not unexpectedly) and now it seems that my SkyLine and Hussar are neck and neck in the flavor department, that's with my Hussar wicked with KGD, and my SkyLine wicked with Rayon, and my Hussar's flavor is Great, both with the same juice BTW.
Had similar experience ,
when switched to Rayon on Skyline it did improve Flavours as i mentioned earlier in thread ,

Dnns84

Aug 23, 2017
Well, that sucks, completely took everything apart, cleaned it in the UC, but there is nothing I can see that's causing the jumping resistance. Put in a new build and the e-scribe atomizer analyzer shows it jumping with 0.02-0.03 ohms at a time which is way too much in cold conditions, without having fired it (apart from a quick glow before wicking). Screwing on an atty with a similar build in it only shows occasional jumps of 0.001-0.002 ohms.
Guess I'll order another one and hope that one is stable. I've encountered issues with clones before where 1 is perfect and another one, ordered at the same time, is really unstable.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Well, I got my second SkyLine from FT yesterday, this one the SXK (my first was a Coppervape). I thought I would try my second Cleito Bubble tank on it (my first Cleito tank was severely out of round if ya'll remember), I un-packaged the second tank and gave it a good once over, Not looking very good though. The very first thing I saw was a chip out of the glass on one end (right where the o-ring seals the glass and tank). I'm not even gonna try it. So, it looks like I got 2 bad Cleito Bubble tanks from Sweet-Vapes. Oh well, they were only $3 apiece, no great loss, though I was looking forward to having 1 SkyLine that held 3ml for out and about, and the other that held 5 or so ml's for use at home. Has anyone tried the Bubble tanks from FT yet for their SkyLine ?? If so, are they any good ??

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Reactions: bigbob2322

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
I just went ahead and ordered $7.31 Iwodevape Replacement Glass Tank for Aspire Cleito Clearomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - authentic / 5ml at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping as I want the bigger tank for my SkyLine. I hope they are in better shape than what I got from Sweet-Vapes.
Theres also the cleito resin bubble tanks on 2f deals fasttech 3f , they make the resin for Eleaf smok cleito ect an many others I'd assume that they hold same capacity but not clear ,

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Just Vaping on an ST RTA steam tuners one that takes the insider deck 3ml so far so good on my stripped down C1D2 , only testing if i like might oick up the Ultem tank kit for it, definitely a mini RTA almost RDA size nice Airflow can be shut fown for a restrictive vape and opened up to a nice draw, 3mm id coil SS spaced needs a longer tip though for me ,
Top fill , JFC by turning tip higher,s an lowers chamber for Juice channels
5218c5901b8d3b5ff797438b489c6b1d.jpg
8645abb49bde47bb0735a30fe66cd8d0.jpg

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Just Vaping on an ST RTA steam tuners one that takes the insider deck 3ml so far so good on my stripped down C1D2 , only testing if i like might oick up the Ultem tank kit for it, definitely a mini RTA almost RDA size nice Airflow can be shut fown for a restrictive vape and opened up to a nice draw, 3mm id coil SS spaced needs a longer tip though for me ,
Top fill , JFC by turning tip higher,s an lowers chamber for Juice channels
5218c5901b8d3b5ff797438b489c6b1d.jpg
8645abb49bde47bb0735a30fe66cd8d0.jpg

Definitely great Flavourful vape being so compact , but can get warm being small,

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Theres also the cleito resin bubble tanks on 2f deals fasttech 3f , they make the resin for Eleaf smok cleito ect an many others I'd assume that they hold same capacity but not clear ,

and they will fit my SkyLine ?? Links please benley. It looks like you did the same thing to your mod as I did to my HΩ Slice (which used to be Black, but turned out to be a Crap finish).

Last edited:

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
and they will fit my SkyLine ?? Links please benley. It looks like you did the same thing to your mod as I did to my HΩ Slice (which used to be Black, but turned out to be a Crap finish).
I'm going to spray mine up when i get time thinking metalic Hulk Green or something , just stripped the mods paint for now,

The cleito an others takes resin but you would need to use Google to find the right ones for the 22mm version

8bd480e100842fc37647b63470ab4123.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread