Dec 27, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
Been a bit busy. Forgot to post an update.

IMG_1385.JPG

So far, I've only tried out the MTL tank with no insert and with the largest diameter one.
I'm liking it so far and I'd describe the vape as smooth, but it hits!. Have to set aside some
time to test out the smaller air hole inserts.

Might seem odd, but the tank seems to work better with fluffier cotton like Koh Gen Doh.
The Muji that I normally use seems a bit denser and doesn't work as well with this tank.
All subjective of course!.

NO flooding or gurgling! I don't over saturate the coil wick when priming.

Other than that:

- Filling near the top poses no problems. Wouldn't mind an extension ala the Atlantis EVO Adapter Kit to raise/increase it's capacity
- You can achieve a tight draw (Based on MY perception) even with the largest insert and an AFC adjustment
- Wick ends have to be flat, well fluffed up and the tips barely inserted into the juice wells. As well, the wick shouldn't fit too tightly inside the coil
- No wicking issues with 60 or 70% VG juice
- Taller drip tip would be nice, but that's personal preference and you can use your own
- The AFC section is removable and I would suggest giving the rubber o-ring a wipe with VG
or a non tank cracker E-Juice

That's it for now!

Last edited:

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
Just got it in today, after waiting for it since the beginning of december. First impressions:

I don't think the JFC is working. At all. I tried closing it completely, turning it so the chimney holes were as far from the juice holes as possible, and opened the top cap slightly. This was with a completely full tank. And what happened? Bubbles started popping out like crazy. So what I am thinking is that the juice travels in between the threads on the chimney/base, so that the JFC has practically no effect at all.

I find the air flow to be particularly turbulent, and flavor is very harsh for me. This is with the 2mm (I think) adapter and the AFC fully open. The 3mm is too loose for me, but I'll try it and close the AFC down to match my taste. Maybe it will not be as turbulent then.

So based on first impressions a thumbs down from me, but I'll experiment a bit more and update if I make more findings.

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
Just got it in today, after waiting for it since the beginning of december. First impressions:

I don't think the JFC is working. At all. I tried closing it completely, turning it so the chimney holes were as far from the juice holes as possible, and opened the top cap slightly. This was with a completely full tank. And what happened? Bubbles started popping out like crazy. So what I am thinking is that the juice travels in between the threads on the chimney/base, so that the JFC has practically no effect at all.

I find the air flow to be particularly turbulent, and flavor is very harsh for me. This is with the 2mm (I think) adapter and the AFC fully open. The 3mm is too loose for me, but I'll try it and close the AFC down to match my taste. Maybe it will not be as turbulent then.

So based on first impressions a thumbs down from me, but I'll experiment a bit more and update if I make more findings.

JFC works perfectly fine on mine.

Turn the glass completely clockwise to close and then turn the glass a little to the
left until you see the opening (opened). If I completely close it (Accidentally did that
once), I'll get burnt/dry hits.

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Got mine in today. Here's a pictorial for references.
Unboxed.
V4IG.jpg

Deck, chimney/barrel, three restrictors, and two drip tips.
V4I0.jpg

3×28g ss316l twisted, 3.2mmID. Be careful and cut leads tight or wrap them around the screw. If any hangs out, they will contact the barrel and short.
V4IM.jpg

V4Iv.jpg

V4I4.jpg

Forgot a wick pic!
V4ki.jpg

Comparison with the Merlin Mini.
V4IB.jpg

Last edited:

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
Got mine in today. Here's a pictorial for references.
Unboxed.
V4IG.jpg

Deck, chimney/barrel, three restrictors, and two drip tips.
V4I0.jpg

3×28g ss316l twisted, 3.2mmID. Be careful and cut leads tight or wrap them around the screw. If any hangs out, they will contact the barrel and short.
V4IM.jpg

V4Iv.jpg

V4I4.jpg

Forgot a wick pic!
V4ki.jpg

Comparison with the Merlin Mini.
V4IB.jpg

Nice pics MMW! :thumb:

Reactions: MMW

Daniel Wilson

Multiple ID Suspension
Dec 27, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1

Daniel Wilson

Multiple ID Suspension
Dec 27, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1

Daniel Wilson

Multiple ID Suspension
Dec 27, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015
I like the atty. easy to coil and wick, good flavor, inexpensive. Solid construction. And no leaks.

It is mysterious how some (like me) seem to have massive leaks from this and some seem to have none. I wonder if maybe the first batches had flaws which have been corrected.

On mine there is no way around it: It will leak massively when I fill it. The JFC does not work a bit, I have tested it with water and it is always leaking when filling from the top.

I bought mine early (pre-order on Fasttech) and have leaks. Someone bought theirs early and have no leaks?

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Outskirts of Detroit Rock City
I believe I'm using a 3mm id coil to increase wicking. I also move the jfc to the closed position (not sure if it actually works) and close off the afc. I also fill past the tank supports, put the top on, open her back up and I'm vaping.

Could very well be you have an earlier batch. I received mine only a week and a half ago.

Edit: just recently changed to Cotton Bacon v2 from using KGD in the past month. Really liking the stuff. Probably not relevant to the leaking, but I thought it warranted a mention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: 52anddone

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Outskirts of Detroit Rock City
This may sound silly. I have seen people do this in videos for years but never gave it much thought until recently. Combing the cotton/rayon before you trim it to length. Always thought it was nothing to even give a thought to. I was once again proven wrong (happens a lot to me).

It might be the placebo effect but I swear it makes a difference. Not sure of the reason, possibly bunched up wick doesn't absorb well??? For me fluffing, combing, whatever you want to call it makes a world of difference. As always YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Daniel Wilson

Multiple ID Suspension
Dec 27, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread