Cthulhu RTA V2 (similar posts to the velocity rda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
So I put in 2 mm coils in my hulu like I did with my 3 Bellus' and now it has taken #1 spot with me.
I real pain to work that juice shut off but doable. (dual deck)

Yup, That juice flow control ring is looser on some than it is on others, and doesn't seem to loosen up much with use. I have noticed that when I either open or close the juice flow control that if when I get it almost opened or closed fully to NOT hit the stop hard (at end of travel) it will not be so hard to work. If I hit the stop very hard then it can be a real Bear to get it to move after that. I've even changed o-rings and didn't notice much difference.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I took a look at maybe Dremeling a hole in one of the feed slots so to be able to bottom fill but there isn't enough "meat"
Edit: Well I just did it but it's only fits one of those really small needle bottle tops, 1 mm od (19.5 gauge)
If my juice was high VG I doubt if it would be filled by now, pretty slow even with 75/25.

Last edited:
Reactions: 52anddone

darknecrotic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 6, 2014
    Columbia, SC
    www.caraudioinc.com
    Is it just me or is the single coil deck a royal pain to wick without dry hits? I've spent hours trying to get this thing to wick properly, different diameter coils, lower vs higher off the deck.. wick resting on the deck, ends in the juice channels, pancaked, shoved into the juice channels. It's a nightmare!

Steamer861

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    Is it just me or is the single coil deck a royal pain to wick without dry hits? I've spent hours trying to get this thing to wick properly, different diameter coils, lower vs higher off the deck.. wick resting on the deck, ends in the juice channels, pancaked, shoved into the juice channels. It's a nightmare!

All though I mostly use the velocity deck I had no problems with the single coil either :)
    I built it like a Kay-Fun 3mm spaced coil cotton wick not too tight and cut just right so it landed on the deck :) Maybe the problem is your JC? could it be closing off the Juice flow?
    The JC ring has to be turned counter clock wise till it stops to be wide open :)

ian91

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 14, 2013
    Westbank, BC Canada
    I only use the single coil deck. Almost threw mine out a few times during the first week. Finally got rid of the juice control ring. I run my wicks right down the juice channels to eliminate leaking. Took a few times to get the right thickness. Wicks need to be tapered. My coil is 26ga, 2.4mm, 8 wraps. Comes out to just less than 1 ohm (.97). Run it at 17.5 watts. I don't have any troubles with dry hits and can still top fill without leaking. I am using a 55pg/45vg mix so probably thinner than most. Have had it for over a month now.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    I only use the single coil deck. Almost threw mine out a few times during the first week. Finally got rid of the juice control ring. I run my wicks right down the juice channels to eliminate leaking. Took a few times to get the right thickness. Wicks need to be tapered. My coil is 26ga, 2.4mm, 8 wraps. Comes out to just less than 1 ohm (.97). Run it at 17.5 watts. I don't have any troubles with dry hits and can still top fill without leaking. I am using a 55pg/45vg mix so probably thinner than most. Have had it for over a month now.

I taper my wick ends like you, but I separate the wick ends in half (the thickness) and put the top half down the wick channel, and the bottom half (the underneath layer) to lay on the deck. The top layer that's down the wick channel I cut so the length is just at the bottom of the wick ring. I use 65%PG/35%VG, No dry hits, No flooding. My build is 1.5Ω, 16 watts, and either 2.5mm or 3mm ID coils with Twisted 30g Kanthal, using KGD. As they say across the pond, "Works a Treat". ;)

Edit: I should add that I am a MTL'er and set my Cthulhu up with the airflow control just about closed (very tight) on one of them, and completely closed on the other one (my stainless has a bad case of Blow-By). All I use is the single coil decks.

Last edited:
    Reactions: ian91

darknecrotic

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 6, 2014
    Columbia, SC
    www.caraudioinc.com
    I don't use this tank much anymore, but what I do use.. is that delrin drip tip!

20160328_234810.jpg

It was a little wobbly so I changed out the o-rings Drilled it out and shaped it a little. I know I'm a crack head, just figured I'd share.. lol

20160328_234955.jpg

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Reactions: darknecrotic

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 18, 2015
    Newcastle, UK
    Way too long of a thread now to read through....

Anyone, especially those who got the initial release and still using it have a problem with the threads on the copper 510 screw?
    My Cthulhu v2 was took out of action around two weeks after it was purchased as the chimney threads were terrible and that stupid jfc ring kept krunching oh then there were leaks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread