Cthulhu RTA V2 (similar posts to the velocity rda)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

May 27, 2015
Only when I take the tank off to look at the coils.... I found it does it less or not at all if I let it sit upside down longer before taking it apart, letting it sit longer after taking it apart or drying the inside of the chimney and the surface with the three slits in it....

Are you screwing it down super tight? I still get weeping around the knurled juice control ring. Maybe I need to change the o-rings.

Reactions: 52anddone

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
Are you screwing it down super tight? I still get weeping around the knurled juice control ring. Maybe I need to change the o-rings.
No, if I tighten too much, I can't move the juice control.... My "weeping and seepage" is only during the process of screwing the tank back to the deck....

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Does anyone have problems of spotting or seeping juice from the knurled juice ring area? It happens with or without the inner juice control ring.

Yes, I'll signify on that. I have both the Black and the Stainless V2's and both do that, the Black one a little more than the Stainless version. I was also thinking of replacing the O-Ring, but in the Black one first just to see if it worked. I will be watching to see how ya'lls are coming along. My Stainless serial # is 19xx and my Black is 52xx, so the Black is newer.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Only when I take the tank off to look at the coils.... I found it does it less or not at all if I let it sit upside down longer before taking it apart, letting it sit longer after taking it apart or drying the inside of the chimney and the surface with the three slits in it....

That's something I might try before replacing the O-Ring, Thanks rhm.

Edit: It's been so long since I have done a re-build that I don't remember what it does at that point (my last re-wick was like November-ish ?). Mine weeps at the same place but all I have done is Top re-fills, then when I open the juice control back up (wide open) it weeps then.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I'm doing a test. I don't burn my cotton, use the same Unflavored Nic 50/50 or 60/40 PG, no burnt/dry hits, have it set up at 1.5Ω, 12-12.5 watts. I switch between that and my Lemo Drop through out the day, so it hasn't been exclusive. I am curious as to the longevity of coil/wick setup when done as proper as I possibly can make it and NO gunky juice. Just to fill and go, how long can I make it last before flavor or coil craps out on me. Just a little experiment of mine. Yes, I have no life. ;) So far it's just the Juice Flow Control Ring weeping that is not going good with this tank.

Reactions: stormjib

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I find less weeping happens if I place the JC ring onto the base first, and then screw the tank on, as opposed to having the ring attached to the tank. You've probably noticed that already but if not, try it.

Yeah, I have always assembled the JC ring assembly onto the Base first, I hadn't thought of doing it any other way as that is how they showed in the Cthulhu V2 video. But thanks. It's really no big deal, just a little annoying that's all.

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
That is weird. If you ever get that one figured out as to why it's doing that, let me know, Please. I'm curious about it.
Must have just been the build, being borderline on the resistance.... Finally got around to putting a new build on.... Went with a simple 28g dual coil 0.5 ohm build and it is the same on both the mech and the kbox....

khrone

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2014
Finland
What might be the problem, i have the black v2 cthulhu and only real issue is the juice control ring getting stuck and real hard to turn for refill and vaping. Without the tank section on it it spins around quite nice, put the tank section on and it gets stuck. Serial numb is in the 1****. Tried lubing o rings, changing o rings and even dry turning the ring around

Lähetetty minun SM-G901F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Must have just been the build, being borderline on the resistance.... Finally got around to putting a new build on.... Went with a simple 28g dual coil 0.5 ohm build and it is the same on both the mech and the kbox....

Sometimes it don't take much for one to just go goofy on ya, and for no reason at all. Thanks for the follow up though. If we're reading x.xΩ then if the second digit to the right of the decimal point is at the cutoff then we will never know it. That's why I like the mods with an x.xxΩ display, even for Power mode builds.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
What might be the problem, i have the black v2 cthulhu and only real issue is the juice control ring getting stuck and real hard to turn for refill and vaping. Without the tank section on it it spins around quite nice, put the tank section on and it gets stuck. Serial numb is in the 1****. Tried lubing o rings, changing o rings and even dry turning the ring around

On both of mine, Stainless and Black, the JC ring is stiff, even after a few months of use. On mine I find that if when twisting the ring and I get to the stop and have been twisting too fast, it will be a Royal Pain to get it to move. I have learned with the ones that I have to turn the JC rings slowly and when I get to the fully closed or opened stop just to gently bump the stop and it won't be so hard to turn the opposite direction. If I hit that stop too hard, like in the beginning when I first got it, I would have to take the tank off my mod, disassemble it and reassemble the tank and be mindful to use a lighter touch. That's how mine work. Each one of these are different though, I have found, so a slightly different technique is warranted for each. Good ole Chinese Quality Control gives us No 2 Alike. If you use a slightly bigger o-ring then it will prolly start to leak from the JC control. It's like a suction type of effect is happening almost, IDK, wish I could help you though.

khrone

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2014
Finland
On both of mine, Stainless and Black, the JC ring is stiff, even after a few months of use. On mine I find that if when twisting the ring and I get to the stop and have been twisting too fast, it will be a Royal Pain to get it to move. I have learned with the ones that I have to turn the JC rings slowly and when I get to the fully closed or opened stop just to gently bump the stop and it won't be so hard to turn the opposite direction. If I hit that stop too hard, like in the beginning when I first got it, I would have to take the tank off my mod, disassemble it and reassemble the tank and be mindful to use a lighter touch. That's how mine work. Each one of these are different though, I have found, so a slightly different technique is warranted for each. Good ole Chinese Quality Control gives us No 2 Alike. If you use a slightly bigger o-ring then it will prolly start to leak from the JC control. It's like a suction type of effect is happening almost, IDK, wish I could help you though.
Its strange, on my ss version i didnt have that stiff turning problem, its only on the black version. Everything else works fine on it except for the jc. Could try the slower turning, when it gets eventually going it stops around halfway and then keeps on turning until its completely open. Might have to sand down abit from the tank section to see if it helps. Tried bigger orings and smaller too lined and not lubed.... real pita to work with. Otherwise liking this lot and it matches nicely with my reuleaux silicone cover. The vendor says it should loosen up over time but i doubt that, spent last night at work turning the ring around nonstop for near 6h

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada

I gave up on juice control with this one. I just removed the ring and have had no problems since. With it gone, I lead the wicks down to the bottom of the juice channels. I close off the airflow when refilling. Will get a bit of gurgle to start but no major leakage. I was ready to give up on this tank but with the ring gone, it has become one of my favorites.

khrone

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2014
Finland
I gave up on juice control with this one. I just removed the ring and have had no problems since. With it gone, I lead the wicks down to the bottom of the juice channels. I close off the airflow when refilling. Will get a bit of gurgle to start but no major leakage. I was ready to give up on this tank but with the ring gone, it has become one of my favorites.
I managed to get mine working now better then before. Dismantled everything, gave it a good wash all around and put each piece back together. Every single o ring lubed with vaseline and now the jc works nicely unless i twist it with force

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
You should at least try it without the ring. Really no particular reason for it other than refilling. I am a MTLer so have most of the airflow turned off. Thought I might get a lot of gurgling without it but it seems perfect for me.

Are you talking just the inner, or inner/outer JC ring assembly ?

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
spent last night at work turning the ring around nonstop for near 6h

Good Golly Miss Molly, 6 hours :shock: ?? I would have had to go to the Dr. after that just to get my fingers untangled so I could straighten up my hand again, Cramp City :cry: , But if it worked, then it's time well spent I guess :thumb: . I couldn't do it for that long, that's for sure. I applaud you're tenacity :thumbs: . I imagine you we're about ready to throw that tank thru the window if you saw no change after all that messing around to get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread