Not open for further replies.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Check out this site: Custom Firmware for Vape Mods

It explains how you can now customize your display for these 3 APV's, and has dozens of pre-customized versions of update 3.10 that other people have uploaded. Some of them are even pretty cool. I've got "Mixed reuleaux Splash" on my RX200 now.

I'll definitely have to make my own before long, once I determine exactly how I want to do the numerals. Y'all should do the same, and maybe share it here and/or upload it to that site, if you're so inclined. ;)

Last edited:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Check out this site: Custom Firmware for Vape Mods

It explains how you can now customize your display for these 3 APV's, and has dozens of pre-customized versions of update 3.10 that other people have uploaded. Some of them are even pretty cool. I've got "A Little Different" on my RX200 now, though I may switch back to "Terminator" or "Half Filled".

I'll definitely have to make my own before long, once I determine exactly how I want to do the numerals. Y'all should do the same, and maybe share it here and/or upload it to that site, if you're so inclined. ;)
Can you really get those bigger screens on the rx!?

Nevermind, the logos looked different on my smartphone. These are probably made with NFirmwareEditor. I've made my own for the Cuboid, rx, VTC Mini, and istick tc100w.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Can you really get those bigger screens on the rx!?

Nevermind, the logos looked different on my smartphone. These are probably made with NFirmwareEditor. I've made my own for the Cuboid, rx, VTC Mini, and istick tc100w.

They are. I've been running (i forget which one) for a few days on my RX from that site. They have a "how to make your own" page and show the download for NFE and an explanation of how it works. I'm glad they do, because I wanted to make sure I understood how it worked before I broke something.

Baseman

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2015
Munich, Germany
I'm a little disappointed then. We should start calling it a resource editor then. Firmware editor gives me the impression of being able to change more important variables :(
It's a proper Firmware Editor, it's possible to change and/or add functions to the device.

for example, check the third line (detailed realtime resistance) and the battery percentage.
vtc_custom01f0j73.jpeg

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
It's a proper Firmware Editor, it's possible to change and/or add functions to the device.

for example, check the third line (detailed realtime resistance) and the battery percentage.
vtc_custom01f0j73.jpeg

Ah ha. Nice!

I just thought it was cool that I could customize the alphanumeric characters and some of the other aspects of the display, and wanted to share a site where people have uploaded their creations so anyone can use em for free, if they so choose.

I believe it was only with update 3.10 that this became possible to do on the Evic, Cuboid, and RX200 mods. If I'm wrong and it's old news, please excuse me.

KevinACrider

Mar 5, 2016
I apologize for bumping an older thread but I just stumbled across this. The site that OP mentions is my site. It looks like, based on some of the replies, there are some custom themes for the iStick TC100/120 in existence? If you guys could send me the .bin files for those and some photos on them on the device (exactly like the red eVic posted above) I would love to add that device to the site! I want to add as many devices as possible but I want to have at least one existing theme/custom firmware to add when I add the device.

Thanks!

Reactions: Fullknight

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
I apologize for bumping an older thread but I just stumbled across this. The site that OP mentions is my site. It looks like, based on some of the replies, there are some custom themes for the iStick TC100/120 in existence? If you guys could send me the .bin files for those and some photos on them on the device (exactly like the red eVic posted above) I would love to add that device to the site! I want to add as many devices as possible but I want to have at least one existing theme/custom firmware to add when I add the device.

Thanks!
If you download the firmware program and load the stock 1.10 firmware you will be able to make those changes yourself.
From the looks of the preview, its mostly functionality and font changes.

KevinACrider

Mar 5, 2016
If you download the firmware program and load the stock 1.10 firmware you will be able to make those changes yourself.
From the looks of the preview, its mostly functionality and font changes.

I have NFirmware Editor but I am not a theme author. Travis Ward asked if he could use the preexisting setups for the iStick TC 100w/120w so I was asking if there was some place I could find these preexisting setups or if they could be sent to me so that I can add them to my website. I really want to expand on the devices that we currently have (RX200, Cuboid, and eVic-VTC right now) but I don't add new devices until I have at least custom theme to add at the same time.

So my question is, if there is already preexisting themes for the iStick TC 100w/120w could somebody please point me in that direction or be so kind as to send them to me directly?

KevinACrider

Mar 5, 2016
Any idea how to edit functionality? I can't find any way to do that with NFirmwareEditor.

As BlackCRX said, this is done through the use of patches. Patches are preexisting text files that makes changes to various hex characters in the firmware to add, edit, or remove features and functionality. NFirmware Editor comes with a fairly decent list of existing patches but there are others out there too. The eVic-VTC has the most patches available, by far. Devices like the RX200 only have 3 included - 2 of which deal with splash screen images just at different times. There are a few others that aren't included in the release zip for one reason or another.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
As BlackCRX said, this is done through the use of patches. Patches are preexisting text files that makes changes to various hex characters in the firmware to add, edit, or remove features and functionality. NFirmware Editor comes with a fairly decent list of existing patches but there are others out there too. The eVic-VTC has the most patches available, by far. Devices like the RX200 only have 3 included - 2 of which deal with splash screen images just at different times. There are a few others that aren't included in the release zip for one reason or another.
Ok, realised how the patches work. But for some reason I can't load any patches on the rx200 if I edit the characters or strings, and the VTC Mini and Cuboid firmwares show no available patches, even though there are plenty of them in the NFirmwareEditor patches folder. Perhaps I simply don't get how to load the patches/get them to work. I'd be very grateful if you or someone else could give me some detailed explanation on how to do this.

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
First you have to make sure you are loading the correct firmware for each device. VTC Mini, only the v3.01 firmware is supported. Cuboid v3.11 and 3.12 firmware. RX200 3.00 and 3.10. Official firmware can be downloaded from the manufacture.

For me I had a problem getting firmware 3.00 for the RX300 (14.04.2016) to work even tho in the change log it is suppose to be supported. I went and searched around and found the thread linked below and that 3.00 encrypted version worked.

Anyone dug into the RX200 firmware for possible hacks such as changing fonts, TCR, etc? • /r/electronic_cigarette

Open NFirmwareEditor
Click "file" and "open"
Select the firmware or device you want to edit
Strings and patches should show things you can edit if loaded correctly

Personally I am using RX200 3.00 firmware because it has the "clear saved resistance" patch which is not included in the 3.10 firmware. Plus I vape at 40-45watts anyways so ...

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
First you have to make sure you are loading the correct firmware for each device. VTC Mini, only the v3.01 firmware is supported. Cuboid v3.11 and 3.12 firmware. RX200 3.00 and 3.10. Official firmware can be downloaded from the manufacture.

For me I had a problem getting firmware 3.00 for the RX300 (14.04.2016) to work even tho in the change log it is suppose to be supported. I went and searched around and found the thread linked below and that 3.00 encrypted version worked.

Anyone dug into the RX200 firmware for possible hacks such as changing fonts, TCR, etc? • /r/electronic_cigarette

Open NFirmwareEditor
Click "file" and "open"
Select the firmware or device you want to edit
Strings and patches should show things you can edit if loaded correctly

Personally I am using RX200 3.00 firmware because it has the "clear saved resistance" patch which is not included in the 3.10 firmware. Plus I vape at 40-45watts anyways so ...
Thanks! Got it working. Did a version of v3.0 of for the rx200 (only uploaded to one of my four at the moment :) ) and of v3.12 for the Cuboid (would've prefered v3.02, but I don't need to use the 200w of course). Good thing that I can copy my nodded characters in batches with v3.8 of the editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread