Digiflavor Siren GTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Citrus, banana and methol juices can cause some pc tanks to crack, so not recommended to use them type of juices in them.

I think that you can take Menthol off the list as possible tank crackers, as Menthol is about all I mix and vape. I have several PC tanks and run Menthol thru them every day, when starting with my first PC tank I asked several folks on here and they said that Menthol should be OK to use with a PC/PMMA tank, and I even went to Mt. Baker and found where they had a list of Tank crackers listed and Menthol was not on that list. Citrus, Spices (Cinnamon especially) are bad for PC/PMMA tanks though Nailz. You said Banana will also, I hadn't heard that that one did bad things either, but....

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I like a tight draw also hopefully you can see in the picture where I have it set, it's like half of the Sirens smallest hole. View attachment 660365

That Black Siren looks really good on top of your, what is that a Smok, anyways it looks like it was meant to be on there.:thumbs:

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I think that you can take Menthol off the list as possible tank crackers, as Menthol is about all I mix and vape. I have several PC tanks and run Menthol thru them every day, when starting with my first PC tank I asked several folks on here and they said that Menthol should be OK to use with a PC/PMMA tank, and I even went to Mt. Baker and found where they had a list of Tank crackers listed and Menthol was not on that list. Citrus, Spices (Cinnamon especially) are bad for PC/PMMA tanks though Nailz. You said Banana will also, I hadn't heard that that one did bad things either, but....

Yes I just checked and didn't see anything on Menthol, so I was wrong on that one, but banana I have heard a few times, and don't think it is as bad as say cinnamon juice, but banana is on Mt, Baker's list though - E-Juice Flavors That May Break a Plastic Tank - Mt Baker Vapor

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Yes I just checked and didn't see anything on Menthol, so I was wrong on that one, but banana I have heard a few times, and don't think it is as bad as say cinnamon juice, but banana is on Mt, Baker's list though - E-Juice Flavors That May Break a Plastic Tank - Mt Baker Vapor

I see. I forgot that one (the banana), and surprised to see that on the list really.

The base unscrews and fill it up, bit like a taifun way of filling.

OK, that makes sense now. Thanks Nailz.:thumbs:

Yea, that cinnamon I have read is a real bad one for plastic tanks.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    I see. I forgot that one (the banana), and surprised to see that on the list really.

OK, that makes sense now. Thanks Nailz.:thumbs:

Yea, that cinnamon I have read is a real bad one for plastic tanks.

And yet, I use it consistently, but again, I'm not quite sure on the meaning of PMMA tanks. I do know they are acrylic, but that's the extent of my 'expertise'.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    OK, here it is:

Poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA), also known as acrylic or acrylic glass as well as by the trade names Plexiglas, Acrylite, Lucite, and Perspex among several others (see below), is a transparent thermoplastic often used in sheet form as a lightweight or shatter-resistant alternative to glass. The same material can be utilised as a casting resin, in inks and coatings, and has many other uses.

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Polycarbonates (PC) are a group of thermoplastic polymers containing carbonate groups in their chemical structures. Polycarbonates used in engineering are strong, tough materials, and some grades are optically transparent. They are easily worked, molded, and thermoformed. Because of these properties, polycarbonates find many applications. Polycarbonates do not have a unique resin identification code (RIC) and are identified as "Other", 7 on the RIC list. Products made from polycarbonate can contain the precursor monomer bisphenol A (BPA).

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Ultem
    Ultem is a family of PEI products manufactured by SABIC as a result of acquiring the General Electric Plastics Division in 2007, developed by Joseph G. Wirth in the early 1980s. Ultem resins are used in medical and chemical instrumentation due to their heat resistance, solvent resistance and flame resistance. Ultem 1000 (standard, unfilled polyetherimide) has a high dielectric strength, inherent flame resistance, and extremely low smoke generation. Ultem has high mechanical properties and performs in continuous use to 340 °F (170 °C). Ultem 1000 has typical thermal conductivity of 0.22 W/(m·K) (but some sources give 0.122 W/(m.K)). It has "Questionable usage on alkaline solutions."[2]

MoodyB

Jan 10, 2015
    Scotland

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I just finished doing the o-ring treatment on my Siren 25mm as well, but didn't think to document it with pic's. My Bad !:(

Edit: pic's would have come under the heading of Multi-tasking (doing more than 1 thing at once), and in that I am simply terrible at.

No problem bob, hope it helps ya out.:thumb:
    I did one today. 20170529_122850.jpeg 20170529_122850.jpeg 20170529_123902.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread