57eb99328be9f41141031abf70e27267.jpg

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
Looks like opus already have this chip in their mod

I can't wait to see the interface. What I'm imagining after seeing dr. G and retired' posts is Java pages through the usb that allows interactively setting up ramp profiles and showing real time temp/time graphs, etc. Maybe even built in Wifi so no usb cable needed.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Just the facts:

Input voltage requirement 9-12.6vdc
Input current requirement 23A
Output voltage 9vdc
Max Output current 50A continuous (55A instantaneous)
Batteries supported: 3s Lipo - 3S LifePO4 - External Power Supply, and Evolv engineers speculate that 3 high quality 18650s should work.

No wattage presets. Total scroll time from 1w to 200w was 20seconds, with it accelerating the scroll rate after the first few tenths.

You can use multiple wire types. The only TCR that is preprogrammed is the NI200 however you can add your own TCR. Think of it as a graph. On the Y axis you have resistivity on a scale of 0.1 to 10, on the X axis you have Temp on a scale of -100 to 800F. You input different points into that plot to represent the TCR. You can put as many points in the curve as you like, but the curve has to be ascending. You can save/load your curves to/from csv files, but not as a preset.

The software is by far the most customizable solution I have seen to date from any board Mfg. There are something like 80+ variables that you can customize.
  • Battery Meter, Error Flashes, Orientation, Brightness (active, idle, & charging), Fade, Active Time, Battery Chemistry, Battery Cutoff, Ohm lock range, Preheat Time/strength, and much more are customizable.
  • Customizable screens. There are 20 different possible screens generated by the board. You can change them to say or look however you want within the limitations of a 128x32 mono screen. Don’t like the term “Stealth Mode” change it to “Hiding” or whatever.
  • You have 3 pieces of information you can display on the left of the DNA screen, and another 3 while charging, and you can choose any of 10 different variables to display there, like ohms, voltage, temp, etc.
There are several built-in analyzer tools.

· Device monitor
o This is real sweet! It monitors over 20 variables in realtime and shows them numerically as well as allowing to graph as many of them as you want. The graphs updates every second, maybe less.

· Atomizer Analyzer
o Monitors your atty in realtime to allow to observe resistance stability.

· Case Analyzer
o Monitors several variables within your enclosure to predict performance under various charging situations.

The Balancing connector at the bottom is a "JST-XH".
Evolv is recommending a minimum of a 25A connector for the battery +/- connector.
The fave amongst the Evolv engineers is the XT30 connector.

Sirfuji

Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Red Deer, AB Canada
Wow, as I read through this I feel like some people just can't be made happy.

First of all, with regard to the 200 watt issue. So you may not ever use 200 watts, I know I probably won't. However, it does provide you with a greater amount of flexibility than a 40 watt device. I sometimes like to drip between 60-80 and when I do I have to switch from my Hana to my Sigelei. If you will only use the lower end of the wattage spectrum, no worries!

Secondly, the LiPo issue. All of us, literally all of us, carry a LiPo with us every day in our cell phones. We are talking millions of people. They are probably the safest battery that you could carry with you. It cracks me up when people claim 18650s are safer because "they only vent". I've seen plenty of 18650s explode. Plus, with the way we vape now we are at the bleeding edge of what a 18650 is capable of handling. They were never designed for our application and any time you take a technology to the edge of its abilities it inherently becomes more dangerous. 18650s are a technology that is hampering our movement forward like a boat anchor.

Finally, several people have written about how "huge" the test mule for this board looks. Really?! The picture of the mod in the hand provides some perspective and it looks no taller or thicker than my Hana V4d. Plus, it is a test mule. No doubt device manufacturers will find better way to package the board.

I for one am excited about the DNA200. Everything negative that has been said so far sounds like nit-picking. The fact of the matter is that we now have more options, more competition and this will result in even more vaping progress. We all win!
Well Said

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
Just the facts:

Output voltage 9vdc
Batteries supported: 3s Lipo - 3S LifePO4 - External Power Supply, and Evolv engineers speculate that 3 high quality 18650s should work.

No wattage presets. Total scroll time from 1w to 200w was 20seconds, with it accelerating the scroll rate after the first few tenths.

You can use multiple wire types. The only TCR that is preprogrammed is the NI200 however you can add your own TCR. Think of it as a graph. On the Y axis you have resistivity on a scale of 0.1 to 10, on the X axis you have Temp on a scale of -100 to 800F. You input different points into that plot to represent the TCR. You can put as many points in the curve as you like, but the curve has to be ascending. You can save/load your curves to/from csv files, but not as a preset.

The software is by far the most customizable solution I have seen to date from any board Mfg. There are something like 80+ variables that you can customize.
  • Battery Meter, Error Flashes, Orientation, Brightness (active, idle, & charging), Fade, Active Time, Battery Chemistry, Battery Cutoff, Ohm lock range, Preheat Time/strength, and much more are customizable.
  • Customizable screens. There are 20 different possible screens generated by the board. You can change them to say or look however you want within the limitations of a 128x32 mono screen. Don’t like the term “Stealth Mode” change it to “Hiding” or whatever.
  • You have 3 pieces of information you can display on the left of the DNA screen, and another 3 while charging, and you can choose any of 10 different variables to display there, like ohms, voltage, temp, etc.

· Device monitor
o This is real sweet! It monitors over 20 variables in realtime and shows them numerically as well as allowing to graph as many of them as you want. The graphs updates every second, maybe less.

· Atomizer Analyzer

· Case Analyzer
o Monitors several variables within your enclosure to predict performance under various charging situations.

Evolv is recommending a minimum of a 25A connector for the battery +/- connector.
Bummer about the lack of presets. I never use them but I'm sure many do.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Just the facts:

Output voltage 9vdc

· Device monitor

· Atomizer Analyzer

· Case Analyzer

Mike, if you can confirm, does the screen on the DNA200 have the same dimensions as the one on the large screen DNA40? I'm trying to modify one of my DNA40 faceplate designs to get the rough orientation set. I will be refining it once the datasheet is made public, but I wanted to get a jump on it. :)

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK

This sounds fabulous for tweakers.

My concern is, it also sounds overly-complicated for normal users. On a Dicodes and the SXK mods, one can simply enter in a value on the scale representing the TCR. This may not be absolutely perfectly accurate - if the TCR really is a curve for that material, though generally they are so slightly curved as to make no difference, eg Titanium - but it is very simple and user-friendly.

If the only way to configure a TCR is to plug it into computer software (PC only? or Mac as well?) then that could put off a lot of the more casual users. Especially if they have to repeat this every time they switch back and forth between Ni200 and Titanium, or other material.

If there's no Simple TCR entry then that's a shame, but perhaps that might come in future revisions.

Can you confirm if there will be a Mac version of the software? Because if not that's 15% of the userbase excluded immediately.

· Device monitor

· Atomizer Analyzer

· Case Analyzer

Yeah that's pretty awesome!

Can you confirm if any of the modes show live updating ohms during TC vapes? Rather than just showing the fixed base resistance measured for that coil?

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Can you confirm if any of the modes show live updating ohms during TC vapes? Rather than just showing the fixed base resistance measured for that coil?
Yes, Device Manager provides realtime monitoring and graphing of resistance while you vape, if you so choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread