DNA 200 Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
OK thanks. So yeah that's a strong pointer that key features really need to be available purely within the mod itself, not via the software - an increasing % of users simply won't be able to use the software.

I would say TCR adjustment is absolutely a key feature, so with that only available via external software that's a fairly significant downside at this time. The mod will only be usable with Ni200 for users who don't have a PC (15-20%), and/or who don't feel comfortable filling out a graph (50% ?).

At least the ability to upload CSVs might help a little, as these can be published on forums for (hopefully) easy access by non-technical users. I hope the software is relatively user friendly in that regard.

I do hope that on-board TCR adjustment, with pre-sets, is strongly considered for a v1.1 update. It's really important to mainstream the use of non-Ni200 wires.

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
OK thanks. So yeah that's a strong pointer that key features really need to be available purely within the mod itself, not via the software - an increasing % of users simply won't be able to use the software.

I would say TCR adjustment is absolutely a key feature, so with that only available via external software that's a fairly significant downside at this time. The mod will only be usable with Ni200 for users who don't have a PC (15-20%), and/or who don't feel comfortable filling out a graph (50% ?).

At least the ability to upload CSVs might help a little, as these can be published on forums for (hopefully) easy access by non-technical users. I hope the software is relatively user friendly in that regard.

I do hope that on-board TCR adjustment, with pre-sets, is strongly considered for a v1.1 update. It's really important to mainstream the use of non-Ni200 wires.
It would be a shame if they have it setup for updates and don't utilize it. My guess is that it'll happen.

Reactions: TheBloke

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
Still forming my opinion on the chip (waiting to see more) as well as the whole LiPo battery topic.
I do however know that LiPos used in Electric RC car racing have ratings of up to 55C for 5800mah 2S configurations, which sure is a whole lot of current capability. These are 100$+ batteries however.

Ditto here, never had a need to learn much about Lipo batteries. Some initial searches show 20C discharge rate is common enough and 3S packs are not expensive. I like them already lol.

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Not a rwise choice of battery for a 200 watt mod. 5c? That's a 12.5 amp continuous :facepalm:
This would be a more likely choice
HOBBY ZONE - LiPo Batteries: 3-Cell (listed in descending mAh order) - LiPo 3S 11.1V 1600mAh 30C Elctrfly w/Ult Plug
Would explain why you fear li-pos, no experience with them. How many MVP's hand you heard about blowing up/catching on fire? That's li-po in action. There is even a video out of a guy really torturing his MVP, like shooting it with a bow and arrow... Not only did the battery not blow up, the mod still worked through it all.
As far as 18650 imr batteries being ssafer... They don't just harmlessly release a little gas when they go, they can often turn into projectiles, and heaven forbid your mod doesn't have adequate venting....or it could be torn apart adding shrapnel to the mix

I'm considering designing a beast box around this one: MultiStar High Capacity 3S 5200mAh Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack

52A continuous (104A peak for 10 seconds). I guess the only concern would be if one of the cells go bad there isn't much margin of error at 10C. In any event I'll be investing in a good LiPo analyzer charger once this board is released.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
I'm considering designing a beast box around this one: MultiStar High Capacity 3S 5200mAh Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack
I guess the only concern would be if one of the cells go bad there isn't much margin of error at 10C.

The board continuously monitors all 3 cells individually in realtime, if a cell fails it will prevent the board from firing.

The voltage of each of the three individual cells can be monitored/graphed via the software, or displayed directly on the mod, however displaying them on the Mod eats up all 3 of your information slots.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California

52A continuous (104A peak for 10 seconds). I guess the only concern would be if one of the cells go bad there isn't much margin of error at 10C. In any event I'll be investing in a good LiPo analyzer charger once this board is released.
That's a lot of volts in an unregulated mod :p
Something like this would be
awesome for a mech box
ZIPPY 6000mah 2S2P 35C Hardcase Pack

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
A size comparison for you all:

From left to right: iStick20, Beyang30, Invader mini, DNA200, Tibs2, Hanna, Gdeal Squonker
All have almost identical battery life except the Tibs which is double the rest.

upload_2015-6-14_8-37-39-png.464089

upload_2015-6-14_8-43-12-png.464090
No pics are showing

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Been using Lipos in the Mods I build for 2 years now. Just a word of warning, the "ZIPPY" brand is notorious for failures amongst the RC hobby crowd.

That's definitely good to know!

Will you be posting any kinds of recommendations and/or "these brands are good/bad" etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread