DNA 200 Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
My only quibble with Lipos is that most of the time they are sealed up in a device so they cannot be easily replaced. If they are conveniently replaceable then I have no problem with them.

Duane
Imagine this chip in a variant type box....replaceable lipos... But unlike the variant, you could also charge with the mod thanks to evolv adding a balancer......quite exciting really

Take it for what it is, suggestions to evolv (mainly an ability to use only one 18650.) That should be easy right? If evolv does allow more options for different markets on one chipset, they would be more profitable. This seems like it's what a lot of people want. I like where hana modz is going with their new mod allowing the user to use 1 battery, 2 batteries and even maybe 3. Options options options, one mod to do it all.
Not very profitable at all. People will only have to buy one device for all their needs. If you put differant specs in 3 differant devices then they will buy 3.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
Sigh... how many times does it need to be said? It doesn't NEED to be larger. You don't NEED 3 batteries to use this board. A 3S Lithium Polymer battery will work, too. Look at the picture of the beta test rig. It's pretty small, and could be made even smaller with a different LiPo in it. LiPo's come in all shapes and sizes. LiPo's are the future, you can get just as many C's and mAh and take up a lot less space than if you were using 18650's. Think about it like this: Everyone raves about how great Sony VTCX's are, how great Samsung 25R's are, but a good LiPo puts any of those to shame. Not saying that those are bad cells,,,I love Samsungs 25R's and 30Q's, but my 1800mAh LiPo in my Hana v4m lasts longer than either of them. This unwarranted LiPo-phobia really needs to stop. Yes, they can vent and explode. ANY battery can vent and explode. Your friggin car battery can explode, it happens quite often, believe it or not. If anyone is afraid of thermal runaway, maybe you should refrain from vaping. Or using a cell phone, for that matter.
If they produce a mod with functioning tc and a reasonable size (even the sx mini is huge for my taste) then I would give it a try.

Reactions: windxrunner

YMe1121

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
usa
since there is all of this Lipo talk on here, can somebody either A) Show me a place as to where i can learn more about them, without having to read a 500 page book about them or B) Give me a crash course in them.

i have been wanting to tinker with them, but so far al of the lipos i have ever seen(all be it very few) have always been less than 200mAh, or the size of my fist, which is not something comfy to carry around with me.

and the other thing i had head is that charging them vs. the imr's we use now is extremely more dangerous, since they can become overcharged EXTREMELY easily....

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
since there is all of this Lipo talk on here, can somebody either A) Show me a place as to where i can learn more about them, without having to read a 500 page book about them or B) Give me a crash course in them.

i have been wanting to tinker with them, but so far al of the lipos i have ever seen(all be it very few) have always been less than 200mAh, or the size of my fist, which is not something comfy to carry around with me.

and the other thing i had head is that charging them vs. the imr's we use now is extremely more dangerous, since they can become overcharged EXTREMELY easily....
You need a good balanced charger for multi cell lipos. That can be found on hobby lobby, or at any rc car shop.
This is a good site for battery info....
Basic to Advanced Battery Information from Battery University

Another source is rc hobbyist sites, they have been using them for some time.

windxrunner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Portland, OR

I can't suggest a single site that will educate you on LiPo's, as I didn't learn what I know about them from a single site. What I can tell you is that they generally maintain their mAh at higher C's than 18650 IMR batteries do. So, like, a 2500 mAh Samsung 25R isn't going to give you anywhere close to 2500mAh if you're discharging at 20A; those figures are usually done at a continuous rate of 1 to 2 amps, if not less. So, a LiPo discharging at 20 amps will maintain its nominal mAh capacity better than any IMR/INR/ICR battery. They do require separate chargers, but you can buy them online just like you can buy 18650 chargers. 3S LiPo's are 3 cells in Series, just like 3 stacked 18650's. If you want more info about size and capacity and all that (it can all vary greatly depending on each individual LiPo) I would suggest checking out the Turnigy Nano-tech's on Hobbyking.com. You can select if you want a 1s (like what you'd use for any 4.2v confiiguration) or a 3s (like what the DNA 200D apparently needs) and you can check out the differing levels of mAh, C, height/width and all that. As this thread has already derailed more than most of us would like and I'm sure I'm partly to blame, I will leave my LiPo info at that.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal

Check this site:
Understanding RC LiPo Batteries

Reactions: hazozita

Troll from behind

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
Finlad
So far after reading through this rather "colourful" thread don't think I'll be losing sleep with my Snow Wolf 200 because of possible adaptions of this tech by the Big Three.
Only looking a mod to vape with, the tech stuff isn't for me.
Same thing with 2380, checked Todd's review and all I said was "Nope".
Nothing wrong with tech stuff, mind you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
Really? That's all you see? 200w???

:facepalm:
Assuming it exist somewhere else, it doesn't in this size, ability, and display form, ya 200 watts wowza oh yeah
Looking at it from wanting to build my own high power regulator with screen and some kind of brain ya.
I guess i am the only one excited about new technology.
I watch every review I can etc. its a hobby and this is exciting..

Reactions: Mad Scientist
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread