Status
Not open for further replies.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
After 3 months of vaping I got my 1st ProVari. I skipped the Vamo/Evic/other Chninese mod stage without regret. I mostly use carto tanks, but ViviNovas worked well too (newer did the ProTank/Evod/iClear thing). You sound a lot like me, wanting the standard and stating that small batteries are not your thing. I have since bought 2 Minis and use 18350 batteries daily for work.

I also have bought/tried some of the Chinese stuff. I like my iTaste 134 and my husband's MVP, and even my mechs. But I use my ProVaris the most. They are hassle free and just work well. I don't regret my purchase of all three of them. They are worth the money.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
It all depends on what your looking for. I bought mine for several reasons; 1) I had the bad experience of having several ego batteries die on me in a couple of months and just out of any warrenty (all name brand) and 2) I realized I was in this for the long haul. I think I originally entertained the idea of not even vaping after 6 months.

I'm a creature of habit. I didn't want to be replacing my stock with new devices every 6 months or even a year. Provari's last and they can be fixed. It's my buddy. So when I factor in how many ego twists and spinners it's replaced, it's actually a good deal.

I also like simple and I thought Provari would be my last mod. Ha-ha, newbies are so funny including me. I now have a vamo, zmax mini, several varieties of ego's but my Provari is my main vape. Always. The rest are fillers. I wouldn't even call them back-ups. Even the mechanical mods break down within a year with no way to fix them (no tools or shop or interest or time).

I've been thinking about buying another mod and thought I had lost my Provari. Instant panic. That's one reason why I'm on the forum today. I just couldn't be a vaper without it. I did find it (whew) but I had no idea I was that attached to it. I guess that makes sense since I was attached to cigs the same way.

So I guess it all depends on your personal preference and style. I hear a lot of people say they could buy "x times this many ...." for the same price and that's exactly my point. I don't want "x times" of different mods. I can if I want to, but I don't HAVE to. I could get by with Provari as my only one if I wanted to. I can't say that about anything else. My security blanket.

I'm also happy with the 3.5 Nova's and they look nice on the Provari. I have others, but these are so simple and easy that I haven't felt the need to tweak.

Custom drip tips are another matter. I am absolutely convinced they affect the quality of my vape.

Last edited:

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
Maybe you should look at it this way. What kind of vaper are you? Has this turned into a hobby? If so, I would imagine trying new devices is part of the fun. That being said, where do you go from a Provari? I've never tried one, but I think the following it has on this site should speak for it.

With the cost of the Provari, you could try out at least two other mods. If you buy the Provari, you're gonna want it to be your go to for a long time I imagine. If that's no problem I say get it. If you think you may get bored with using the same device for a long time, I'd say check out the MVP. Who knows, you may be all like, 'what's a Provari?'

Hope this helps.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Well I pulled the trigger on a ibtank (22 xl) and some m4 I'd been waffling on.
I have some batteries and bigger charger sitting in my cart at fasttech and I am staring at provari cart and eyeballing my debit cart in a way that is making it uncomfortable. Lol.

ProVape isn't going anywhere :) there's no hurry. I am concerned about the batteries from FastTech though. When you invest in a quality device, the last thing you want to scrimp on are the batteries. ProVape recommends AM IMR. In any case, you want unprotected IMR (safe chemistry) batteries.

These are the batteries I use in my minis and my charger (which I think is sold on FastTech).

https://www.rtdvapor.com/online-store/batteries/aw-imr-18350-3-7v-55-detail
https://www.rtdvapor.com/online-store/battery-chargers/nitecore-intellicharger-i2-detail

basylica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Dallas, Tx
ProVape isn't going anywhere :) there's no hurry. I am concerned about the batteries from FastTech though. When you invest in a quality device, the last thing you want to scrimp on are the batteries. ProVape recommends AM IMR. In any case, you want unprotected IMR (safe chemistry) batteries.

These are the batteries I use in my minis and my charger (which I think is sold on FastTech).

https://www.rtdvapor.com/online-store/batteries/aw-imr-18350-3-7v-55-detail
https://www.rtdvapor.com/online-store/battery-chargers/nitecore-intellicharger-i2-detail

That's the charger I'm eyeballing. I have a cheap single bay I got with my first mod (zmax) which works but I'd prefer a bit better. I'm wondering if 2 bays or 4. I can't imagine needing to charge 4 at a time, but ideally I'd like to charge a weeks worth at a time. I put trust fire imrs in cart and currently have 3 18490 and 1 18650 efest which I imagine should be fine in provari.

The provari that got me reconsidering one might go away :)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
That's the charger I'm eyeballing. I have a cheap single bay I got with my first mod (zmax) which works but I'd prefer a bit better. I'm wondering if 2 bays or 4. I can't imagine needing to charge 4 at a time, but ideally I'd like to charge a weeks worth at a time. I put trust fire imrs in cart and currently have 3 18490 and 1 18650 efest which I imagine should be fine in provari.

The provari that got me reconsidering one might go away :)

I've been fine with a 2 bay. The only time I have more than 2 batteries to charge is when I've been lax about charging them as soon as they need it. I have at least 2 batteries per mod (that's how I keep track), so I never run out.

Just a hint, batteries and chargers with the word "Fire" in them can be a problem.

Last edited:

basylica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Dallas, Tx
I've been fine with a 2 bay. The only time I have more than 2 batteries to charge is when I've been lack about charging them as soon as they need it. I have at least 2 batteries per mod (that's how I keep track), so I never run out.

Just a hint, batteries and chargers with the word "Fire" in them can be a problem.

I like to live dangerously .... Lol!!

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Are you buying batteries from Fast Tech? There's been issues about packages not making it through China customs and are being sent back to Fast Tech. Then they have to send your package out ground so be prepared to wait 45 - 60 days.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy

Wait until Bad comes around with his pictures of the TrustFIRE that went thermal in his locker.

Once you see Bad's pics and read his post you might feel very differently about living dangerously- esp where vaping is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread