Do you think we are perceived any different than Smokers? Honestly..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack H

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2014
Kunming, China
In CA I am the same as a smoker. People here that walk by me will start coughing as they pass just by me holding my vape! But that's CA .......s for you.

I do not/willnot explain or justify my vape habit to anyone. Serves no purpose. I respond only to say information can be found on the net about vaping if you are interested. I see no need to waste my time informing anyone of anything. I will onlylead to arguments.

It is what it is......

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Outskirts of Detroit Rock City
I've been vaping for ~ 4 years now and it's to the point I won't even vape around smokers anymore. It's really sad the general media has tagged us as worse than a combustible user.

I stay my distance from people and vape in peace knowing that I feel better and that my own doctor can't tell I smoked for 37 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I did actually witness a cloud blower in an airport about a year ago. I was dismayed but didn't have the courage to talk to him. For that, I am ashamed. :(

I was sitting only a few seats away, facing him in the gate area. The hit he took off of his box mod was loud and the cloud ....

This was the only time I witnessed this type of behavior in 'the wild'.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I am going to be honest with this and I know slot of you will not like it but,the question was asked.

When I smoked analogs it was because I enjoyed it and loved that first smoke in the morning more than any other. I smoked for 35 years and did not give a darn about what others thought or said for the simple fact,what I do does not concern them a bit.

With that said,I have been vaping fully since 2010 and off analogs for seven years. I have basically the same mentality I do with vaping,as smoke a cigarette. It is my life and my choice to do so and it is nobody else's concern. The ones I really hated were the ones that would walk right up to you and say"you should not smoke it's not good for you". Those people I blew my smoke right in there face and told them to kiss my _ _ _.

If society,in general,is too ignorant to know that vaping is not smoking in any way shape or form,it is there problem.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
IMO we are perceived the same as smokers :( I don't vape any were I couldn't smoke, if I'm out, I leave it in the car. Most everyone who see's me vape has the same negative reaction! If I hear another person tell me I'm inhaling anti freeze, the popcorn lung thing & vaping is even worse than Smoking, I'm going to freak out! My God people get a clue!
All the negative press in the media has caused these opinions, people are generally uninformed :(

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
I vape like I smoked, with courtesy to those around me. Sometimes I stealth where I'm technically not supposed to, but I do so with the utmost discretion. I don't really care what anyone else thinks about it, all I care about is reducing my health risks. If anyone wants to engage on the subject I'll happily do so but otherwise I'm just going to do my thing. There was a Cloudz Bro kid (I swear there was no way this guy was 18+) in the park the other day, I kind of internally shook my head at him but just went on playing with my kids.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I did actually witness a cloud blower in an airport about a year ago. I was dismayed but didn't have the courage to talk to him. For that, I am ashamed. :(

I was sitting only a few seats away, facing him in the gate area. The hit he took off of his box mod was loud and the cloud ....

This was the only time I witnessed this type of behavior in 'the wild'.
you should have told him you were Senior Moderator and confiscated his mod....plus put him in time out.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
1462587_f520.jpg

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Sadly, we are perceived as smokers by a lot of the non vaping/smoking public. That or worse. I have been ridiculed once or twice for vaping and i'm a 15w vaper. I pretend that it doesn't bother me but in reality it does.
I also visibly flinch when i see someone sucking in litres of vaper on a sub-ohm set up, eyes all squinty and producing a noise like a wind turbine. Followed by the (always candy floss smelling) voluminous exhale. And i'm a vaper.
A couple of years ago i was adamant that people should be able to vape anywhere and avidly decried against anyone who said otherwise. With the increasing popularity of 'cloud chasing' in public my view has changed considerably.

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I am a firm believer in Civil Disobedience. I'm also a firm believer in knowing your surroundings and knowing how to keep the general public on your side and not making the ill informed totally against you.

I've had people sitting near me ask what is am doing and what is it? They see it go to my lips, yet nothing comes out.

I have had some say they've seen larger clouds and I tell them that there are always going to be people that are jerks no matter what the circumstance and that there are times when I will release larger vapor clouds. We have to take into consideration Where we are and who is around us.

Outside...that's whole different ballgame.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Mildly surprised (in a good way) that most people here don't seem to even double take. No one cares. Good stuff.

I personally treat my ecig like I did when I smoked, why would I behave any other way?
I wouldn't imagine (if I was a nonvaper) that I would be that keen on inhaling random vapors from a juice that somebody has made in their house anyway. On top of that, they then tell me "it is 95% safer than cigarettes". Hmmm.
I don't vape inside apart from my house. why would I vape in the shop and restaurant? I need my vape less than my smoke and I could hold it then, so...

I'm fine and will continue to be so. You don't want to inhale my vapor and I don't want to inhale any more uninformed opinion and hysteria.
Fair trade.

Last edited:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
How do you feel, since you started vaping?
Are the people you speak to Medical Doctors?
My doctor told me that vaping is bad as smoking a few months ago and told me to quit. Seriously. Even doctors can be ignorant.

I now have a new doctor.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
I'm still considered a smoker by people even though I haven't touched a cigarette in over 5 years. I also hear the 'that's worse for you than smoking' shtick from them, or the more comical 'we get it, you vape' though I keep clouds to a minimum if I'm out and about (and not in a vape shop or lounge...yes, a vape lounge...clouds, bro...clouds) *grimace*

I keep it stealth in heavy foot traffic areas. I don't vape indoors other than at home or vape friendly places. I never smoked indoors though...that stink would ruin everything.

Riplea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
IL
Yes, I think we are perceived the same as cigarette smokers. That is how our government and the FDA perceives us, isn't it? Why would the general public not think the same?

Personally, I am supported by my husband and family. They think it is great that I have quit smoking.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Yes, I think we are perceived the same as cigarette smokers. That is how our government and the FDA perceives us, isn't it? Why would the general public not think the same?

Personally, I am supported by my husband and family. They think it is great that I have quit smoking.

And that's it in a nutshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread