Vaping Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvroman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Texas
I asked my co-worker I carpool with if he minded if I vaped in his pick-up. He didn't mind. He actually like's the smell of the berry pomegranate I've been vaping recently. Said it makes him want to go pick up some pipe tobacco, lol. He's a dipper, btw. I vape at work because everyone else smokes. Some are fascinated with my vaping, some make fun of me, and one tried it, and coughed miserably. (Don't think I'm going to be able to convert him, lol)

Lol as soon as I read your flavor it made me think of that Mio water flavor commercial!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I really hate this mentality. I very rarely hate anything, but my god...
Don't give me the usual spiel of "It's only vapor" or anything else. Nothing can excuse trampling all over others rights simply to exercise your own. Just because you feel that vaping anywhere is ok, doesn't make it so. It's this blatant disregard for others that has further fueled all this anti-vaping propaganda. :facepalm:

"Vape anywhere, anytime"?? Why not drink anywhere, anytime? Or how about {Moderated} anywhere, anytime? It's not hurting anyone else, so why not? :rolleyes:

The old adage that "Freedom isn't free" holds true in more ways than one. There is no such thing as true freedom, that would be anarchy and chaos. Mutual freedom takes concessions and compromises. Personally, I'd much rather compromise to not vape inside public establishments than get taxed 95% for vaping supplies. Not only is it responsible to acknowledge others rights, it's courteous and just plain proper. If only every vaper could take that to heart, then maybe the public image of vapers being spun in the media currently could change to something more positive.

/rant

i'm not for being obnoxious either.
i would like to point out however that if we treat ourselves like lepers,
so will the rest of society.
the bar down the street didn't allow vaping at first.
i suspect because the owner is a smoker and his bar got busted
letting the early morning crowd smoke,and if he couldn't do it
nobody else was going to smoke or vape.
he changed his mind.i suspect he realized the vapors would hang around and drink more.
but i digress.we should all try in our own way to stretch the boundaries
i also do not believe being overly polite will stop any taxes coming our way.
:2c:
regards
mike

Last edited by a moderator:

cope

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2013
washington state
i try to be respectful in public and indoors where smoking is not permitted.. its counter productive to flaunt vaping in peoples faces just cause its not smoke..personally i dont care if you smoke tobacco nor would i give someone a bad time if they do smoke. if someone tries to give me a bad time for vaping i can inform them of the experience i have had in a nice way ...they are usually shocked at how cheap it is as i diy..

coalyard

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Rome, NY, USA
It's apparent you have done no research on the history of vaping. Vaping bans were started back in 2009 before there was one vaper every 500 square miles in this country, much less anyone seen vaping in public. Bans and taxation have NOTHING to do with how people vape. Never have and never will.

I would suggest doing some research.

I have said it before, but it deserves repeating. What do you give the bear when you run out of cookies?

Bgren99

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
MA
I basically follow the same etiquette as I did with cigarettes. If you think you can blow your vape freely in people's faces just becuz it's not smoke then you're a douche. Reality is, vapor is something you inhaled in your body and to directly exhale it in somebody elses space is just as disrespectful as blowing smoke. I can't be mad at people worrying about someone blowing an unknown substance in their face...with that said accidents happen, but the deliberate act of feeling entitled to blow vapor in someone's personal space is a character issue not a vaping issue...unfortunately the world doesn't see it that way and people like us pay for it.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
You know, it's possible to vape without blowing stuff in people's faces. I do it all the time, but maybe I'm a douche anyway. At least I'm a happy one that doesn't want to control others. :D

Why does it always have to be one extreme or another? Is the entire concept of adults enjoying things responsibly just lost?

Bgren99

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
MA
All I said was don't blow vape in people's faces, which would be common courtesy beyond the point of smoking or vaping or anything like that. Apparantly you want non smokers to respect you in some way...should people run up to you and respectfully ask you to shotgun vape into their lungs? I don't know on what planet saying don't blow $h!t in my face is trying to control others...we're on the same side here man, I don't think you understood what I was trying to say

mroach

Moved On
Mar 28, 2014
dublin, oh
Lol me too my fiancée likes to see if she can guess what im vaping... On a extra positive unlike analogs sure wants to kiss me after I vape "to guess the flavor" she is pretty good at guessing and I cant complain about the rest.

As far as my etiquette I still keep my vaping away from home mostly outdoors and at work I'm not sure as they have some brutal smoking policies any vaping inside is very stealth and I see the other vaper I know about do as I and go out off property or to his car.

I haven't been consistently vaping long enough to fully develop my other etiquettes but havent been up to asking a bar tender or wait staff but im dying to.

Despite having half a dozen vape shops in town it doesnt seem very open here as I have only seen two other vapers in public in the last six months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread