Do you vape juice from China, or only from USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Amazing how little some on here know about the history of vaping. Who invented PV's and eliquid? Where does 90% of the eliquid produced and used come from? Where do all of the atomizers and cartomizers come from? The answer is CHINA.

I am from the US and like to support US companies but I am not so bias to believe that everything from the US is better than from any other country. This topic gets started every couple of months from some new person with no understanding of the history of vaping and who automatcally assumes that anything produced outside of our boarders must be bad for us.

Chris77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Fishers, IN
I have no clue what's in 95% of the US made juices I've bought, nor do I know if the some of the companies using "USA made" juices are adhering to FDA food guidelines on every ingredient they use. I'm also not sure if many of the popular companies are mixing their juices in sterile lab environments to prevent contaminants, bacteria, etc..

And, none of us know the long term effects of inhaling (GRAS) food flavoring additives.

That said, I have no problem with Dekang, +1 for DK-TAB. If the FDA (and similar organizations) can move in to protect us instead of trying to ban and demonize everything in sight, then I'll reconsider. Until that time comes, I'm comfortable knowing that my vaping habit (be it juices from the US, the UK, or China) is most likely much safer than smoking any US made, FDA regulated cigarette.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
D you really think most mom-and-pop American juice mixers even wear masks? Or have actual clean rooms? Or do they sneeze all over your juice?!

Off course that is just a YouTube commercial. For all we know, they could be extracting flavors with their feet like grapes.:D

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I avoid ingesting anything from China if it’s possible to avoid it.
I’ve seen too many horror stories with their pet food products to trust my lungs to their lax regulations.

I’ve been buying my juice from Johnson Creek, they claim to use USP ingredients, and the labs have passed inspection.

I sure hope you don't buy any chicken, meat or fruit from US suppliers then, based on all the unsafe practices and illnesses/deaths that have come out about US food products and their unsanitary conditions. And you had better not use any atomizers or cartomizers made from China that you are inhaling from when you vape. But wait, 100% of atomizers and cartomizers come from China.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
For all the China bashing that goes on here, if it weren't for the Chinese, there wouldn't be an ecig.
I believe most US vendors simply resell or remix chinese products. I've never had a problem with chinese liquids, mostly Dekang.
The last bottle of PG I bought from the well known chain pharmacy was made in Mexico...

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
Flavor companies mix and match flavoring molecules to a desired taste / smell. These flavoring molecules are mostly synthetic and bought in bulk, not produced by the flavor company. Flavorists have highly protected, copyrighted mixes of molecules, rather than the molecules themselves which are stock and common knowledge. Are you willing to bet FlavourArt, for instance, does not import at leat part of the molecules they use from China?!

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
What happened to the executives of that Chinese pet food company? Some are in prison and others committed suicide.
What happened when Box Elder sent out 200mg nicotine, labeled as 58mg nicotine? Nothing at all.
What happened to the U.S. company that sent out all those salmonella ridden eggs a while back. Nothing. They're still sold under any one of a hundred different names.
What happened to all those other companies that, for years now, have been shipping all kinds of food products containing e-coli? Nothing. Some company nobody ever heard of gets some bad PR during a 24 hour news cycle and a week later no one can tell you their name.

Fact is, when an American company cuts corners and sends out contaminated products, the worse thing that happens is that they have a recall, their insurance company pays their losses and they go on with business as usual. In a severe case, they go bankrupt, lowly employees lose their jobs and the execs bail out with golden parachutes, only to pop up on the Board of Directors for a different company six months later.
Over the last 30 years or so, inspection regimens by the U.S. gov't have deteriorated to the point that they are no better than many 3rd world countries, and they are far more lax than anything Europe would tolerate.

If you're concerned about the purity of what you vape, I suggest you buy your juice from a European manufacturer that uses European nicotine and European ingredients. Otherwise, you'll be getting the same purity of nicotine and ingredients that are in your pharmaceuticals, which are Chinese in origin and are just as pure as anything cooked up in a basement in Iowa.

All the major U.S. pharmaceutical companies get their ingredients largely from China and India, and not only nicotine. The consequences for Dekang if they ship contaminated product that harms someone are FAR worse than the consequences that await any U.S. manufacturer. U.S. Standards are no more rigorous than Chinese ones. Inspections are no less lax. Corruption is no less prevalent. That's the way it is, and has been, ever since the U.S. gov't decided that regulated industries were the "clients" of the agencies in charge of regulating them. That's been going on now since the early 80's.

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
Your choice is your own. We have expressed our limited knowledge pointing that there is no substantial reason-based, evidence-based justification for your choice. I don't wish to offend you either, most of humans' daily choices are irrational, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's just how our mind works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread